Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Yippee!

I received the eagerly anticipated designation on tomorrow's BP.

Of course, TSA doesn't do pre-check for DL in PHL yet.
Go to the US Air checkpoint and get in there. It's a five minute walk back to the Delta area once you've cleared. My wife has done that several times.
Old May 11, 2013, 3:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by atl runner
Go to the US Air checkpoint and get in there. It's a five minute walk back to the Delta area once you've cleared. My wife has done that several times.
Which US checkpoint at PHL? AFAIK not all of the airport is connected airside, although often US passengers race to another checkpoint when theirs has long lines.
Old May 11, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Which US checkpoint at PHL? AFAIK not all of the airport is connected airside, although often US passengers race to another checkpoint when theirs has long lines.
Go into the US Air domestic terminal. On the far left is an escalator that takes you up to a security checkpoint. On the left of the security area is Pre Check. Once cleared, again bear left, and take the moving sidewalk to the Delta area.

If you are checking bags, after checking them with Delta, go outside, turn left and walk about five minutes to the US Air terminal. You want to get at least 10,000 steps a day, so this will help in that process.

Last edited by atl runner; May 11, 2013 at 5:11 am
Old May 11, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
FWIW

Yesterday I checked in from Hotel computer (DEN) and didn't get PreCheck on the boarding pass. I am having issues with middlename in my profile and am 1 for 20 this year on PreCheck after going 45+ of 50 last year.

However, I reached the airport early and printed a new boarding pass at the Kiosk - lo and behold - it says PreCheck. I even checked the link in the text message from Delta (from the checkin at hotel) and it showed PreCheck. Prior to re-printing the boarding pass at the Kiosk, same link didn't show PreCheck.

Not sure if this is a glitch or one time occurrence. But I am trying this again next week (if I don't get PreCheck).
Old May 11, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES

The PRE @ PHL is at C I believe. I have dine the walk a couple times.
Old May 11, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
I usually get PreCheck every time, but ever since my international trip a couple weeks ago I've been getting goose eggs. I just checked in on my phone for tomorrow's flight and didn't get it. I also tried OLCI and didn't get it there either. I guess I'll try what shukar said and see if the kiosk will do better.

For months the last letter of my middle name has been missing on my boarding passes. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it. I've been getting PreCheck 100% for the rest of the year except on international even with the missing letter.
Old May 12, 2013, 2:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Howste
I usually get PreCheck every time, but ever since my international trip a couple weeks ago I've been getting goose eggs. I just checked in on my phone for tomorrow's flight and didn't get it. I also tried OLCI and didn't get it there either. I guess I'll try what shukar said and see if the kiosk will do better.

For months the last letter of my middle name has been missing on my boarding passes. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it. I've been getting PreCheck 100% for the rest of the year except on international even with the missing letter.
Where did you go? If it was someplace regarded as questionable, this could be the (legitimate) reason.

Can you fix the middle name or initial issue? If you have GE, make sure that your name on all tickets matches your name on your GE card.
Old May 12, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Howste
...For months the last letter of my middle name has been missing on my boarding passes. I don't know if this could have anything to do with it. I've been getting PreCheck 100% for the rest of the year except on international even with the missing letter.
Funny, I noticed on a BP a couple of weeks ago that the last letter of my middle name showed up for the first time ever - Firstmiddle all run together. I chalked it up to the recent 'enhancements' around kiosk BPs including the TSA precheck & AMEX notations.
Old May 12, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Where did you go? If it was someplace regarded as questionable, this could be the (legitimate) reason.

Can you fix the middle name or initial issue? If you have GE, make sure that your name on all tickets matches your name on your GE card.
London, England. Probably not the issue there...

I wonder if it makes a difference were I was when I bought the tickets. I bought last week's and this week's tickets while overseas.

I'll call and ask about the middle name spelling.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't. I don't think it's an indicator if you're eligible rather an indicator if you received it on that trip. It would be interesting if there were people you had it printed on their boarding pass but did not get it.

I always seem to get it at my home airport where we don't have precheck.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
On my last trip out of LGA on DL Terminal D, I didn’t get pre check, it was not printed on my OLCI boarding pass and I did not get the 3 beeps at the TDC, in the past I always got pre check at pre check airports since the middle of last year, so I guess it is random and every once in a while they will make you go through the normal security procedures.
On the return leg I got pre check printed on my boarding pass, but the airport was not a pre check airport so it didn’t matter.

Mr. Elliott
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
TSA Pre missing from my boarding pass this AM

TSA Pre missing. Heading to DCA just checked my Global traveler number is in my profile. Not good.

Just found the reason. DL change my name AGAIN. Added my middle name to my 1st name and left my middle name the same.

Last edited by hnewman; Jun 9, 2013 at 6:56 am Reason: Found reason
Old Jun 9, 2013, 7:23 am

45 minutes later

after 45 minutes on with DL they have no idea why my name changed, but did uncheck me in and I checked in again with TSA pre this time on the BP. Online support was no help. DL.dumb is horrible. Previously they removed my known traveler number without me doing anything. Thanks for wasting my time.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:37 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Can my wife accommodate me thru TSA Precheck if it is not indicated on her boarding pass?
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by scootr29
Can my wife accommodate me thru TSA Precheck if it is not indicated on her boarding pass?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.