FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL Schedule Mess (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1446349-dl-schedule-mess.html)

xliioper Mar 9, 2013 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20391506)
Heyyy!!!! The 6:55 AM is back on EF now!!! But the 8:00 and 11:00 are showing canx!

AND on DL.com!

https://www.delta.com/booking/flight...nTimePercent=8

I see both the 6:55 and 8:00AM flights now. Only the 11:00AM is still missing.

Edit -- And now the 11:00 AM is back. That was quick.

Xeno Mar 9, 2013 5:25 pm

My 'missing flights' now show up on DL and my original seats have been restored.

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 20391594)
I see both the 6:55 and 8:00AM flights now. Only the 11:00AM is still missing.

Edit -- And now the 11:00 AM is back. That was quick.

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 20391627)
My 'missing flights' now show up on DL and my original seats have been restored.

See that! We FlyerTalkers have a lot of clout! ;)

Bicostal Mar 9, 2013 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno (Post 20391627)

Ditto....but the rest of the seat map is wide open including FC except for first row EC

MSPeconomist Mar 9, 2013 5:35 pm

Watch the seat maps. Once I picked a seat in the middle of a schedule change, when the seat map was wide open and the next day my seat was changed to something much less desirable. I think the seat assignments from the previous flight were restored after a day or so.

N639DL Mar 9, 2013 5:47 pm

Fortunately the flights I'm taking on Monday haven't been affected (but I am not going transcon).

PHX-ATL morning flights on the 19th are on the schedule. Must be a glitch because the late night arriving a/c can't just stockpile on the ramp at PHX/SAN/LAS/SFO/etc.

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 5:55 pm

Attention Crew:

Cancel Red Alert!

Flights have been returned to normal!

:)

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20391751)
Attention Crew:

Cancel Red Alert!

Flights have been returned to normal!

:)

yeah, right! But normal it ain't. I am now stuck with a stupid flight out of LAX instead of SAN. Incompetence beyond belief. There is no race for the bottom, just a plain plunge, hard against the rock bed ...

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by SoraAoi (Post 20391770)
I am now stuck with a stupid flight out of LAX instead of SAN.

Call them back and tell them what happened!

Did you really believe that they wouldn't have any flights all morning from San Diego to the home of Mothership Delta til 1:45 PM???

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20391777)
Call them back and tell them what happened!

Did you really believe that they wouldn't have any flights all morning from San Diego to the home of Mothership Delta til 1:45 PM???

Does not really matter what I believed. The moment the agent touched the reservation, the non-existing flight forced her to do something about it and rebook. I was prigianlly calling on a completely different trip, but she just noticed this schedule change, which was actually a cancellation, and made the change. I will now know not to make any reservations or changes or even call a out anything on Saturdays!

TheMadBrewer Mar 9, 2013 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20391496)
Do you want to make the trip into a MR? ATL-AUS-DTW-LAX should give a nice chunk of additional miles. It also might have better upgrade odds than ATL-LAX nonstop. However, is this what youu want after TATL?

After TATL -- even in EC -- I just want to go home :) That is why the only time I have a chance for VDB is after 9 hours cheek to cheek with a stranger -- and usually had to get up at oh-dark-thirty to get to the airport in time. No way I'm hanging around the airport another 5 hours for a measly $200 :)

Now if I can arrange a 23 hour connection in ATL then I can get a good night's sleep and a Mom cooked meal -- then ATL-AUS-DTW-LAX looks more inviting :)

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by SoraAoi (Post 20391814)
Does not really matter what I believed.

So, are you at the very least going to try'n call back? Surely you're not just going to give up and take flights and times that don't work for you! I certainly wouldn't! Especially from an airport that isn't near you!

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20391836)
So, are you at the very least going to try'n call back? Surely you're not just going to give up and take flights and times that don't work for you! I certainly wouldn't! Especially from an airport that isn't near you!

Of course I called, just hanged up with DM. Was calling as I was typing my previous message. "The SAN-ATL schedule is in the system, but all inventory was taken out and these fligths will be removed from the system by tonight." EF shows the flights wide open, with everything down to T, and absolutely blank seat map. But no sales allowed. Will call again. Why oh why should I be wasting my weekend on this c ...rap!

SomeGuy Mar 9, 2013 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by SoraAoi (Post 20391849)
Of course I called, just hanged up with DM. Was calling as I was typing my previous message. "The SAN-ATL schedule is in the system, but all inventory was taken out and these fligths will be removed from the system by tonight." EF shows the flights wide open, with everything down to T, and absolutely blank seat map. But no sales allowed. Will call again. Why oh why should I be wasting my weekend on this c ...rap!

Available for sale on Delta.com. 5 seats on 3/17 for all 3 morning flights.

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by SomeGuy (Post 20391994)
Available for sale on Delta.com. 5 seats on 3/17 for all 3 morning flights.

The point being?