FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL Schedule Mess (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1446349-dl-schedule-mess.html)

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 12:09 pm

Schedule changes happen, that's fine. Last minute cancellations are more annoying, of course, but DL not willing to do much for their DM 2M flyer and a GM companion is ... well, can't really use those terms on a public board. "Spring break is coming, the flights are full" is a lousy explanation. Isn't this a real IROP situation? Where is the famed DL customer service that several of this board members always tout?

ricardobtg Mar 9, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm thinking this has to be a glitch, all three morning flights are gone from the schedule for March, April and May. DL updates schedules on Saturday so this makes more sense.

Cancellations of these magnitude are anounced weeks/months in advance.

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ricardobtg (Post 20390289)
I'm thinking this has to be a glitch, all three morning flights are gone from the schedule for March, April and May. DL updates schedules on Saturday so this makes more sense.

Cancellations of these magnitude are anounced weeks/months in advance.

Well, another "kudos" to DL's IT department! I would actually be happy if this is indeed the case.

view-with-a-room Mar 9, 2013 12:15 pm

sequester, anyone?

ricardobtg Mar 9, 2013 12:17 pm

As additional evidence... ATL-SAN has three flights operating, one of them is a 767 that is not scheduled to depart SAN anywhere else. Theoreticaloy you'd either have DL ferrying empty 767s out of SAN or them piling up every day on the ramp.

Someone with fat fingers is in big trouble :P

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room (Post 20390315)
sequester?

I asked that. They don't know, naturally, but there was a reason code "ATC compliance" that Operations apparently gave to the agent I spoke to. Air Traffic Control? Can't really imagine cuts like that happening so quickly, just not realistic. Then again, stranger things happened ...

gplates Mar 9, 2013 12:24 pm

may it be that it has to do with the govt cuts ? is ATC/FAA affected by that ?

Chalky White Mar 9, 2013 12:29 pm

this must be some kind of glitch. I was reviewing my trips and noticed that my seat assignment for ATL-PHX at 8:05am on April 3 disappeared and when I tried to pick a seat online, it said the seatmap was unavailable.

I called in and the agent said that there was a schedule change and the earliest flight ATL-PHX is now in the afternoon. That didn't seem right to me, no morning ATL-PHX flights, plus I never received the schedule change email, so I told her to leave my flight as is and i'll weigh my options when I get the email.

So I think IT must be changing something up that is affecting a bunch of flights.

SoraAoi Mar 9, 2013 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by hamajicky (Post 20390379)
this must be some kind of glitch. I was reviewing my trips and noticed that my seat assignment for ATL-PHX at 8:05am on April 3 disappeared and when I tried to pick a seat online, it said the seatmap was unavailable.

I called in and the agent said that there was a schedule change and the earliest flight ATL-PHX is now in the afternoon. That didn't seem right to me, no morning ATL-PHX flights, plus I never received the schedule change email, so I told her to leave my flight as is and i'll weigh my options when I get the email.

So I think IT must be changing something up that is affecting a bunch of flights.

I sure hope so! But why would IT people not advise agents, or even operations or supervisors about the changes they are making? I, too, asked not to reissue the ticket, but had to be rebooked on a morning LAX-ATL flight instead of my original SAN-ATL (which is now gone from my itinerary).

ricardobtg Mar 9, 2013 1:02 pm

Atl-sfo morning flights also got zapped. Fights went from six a day to three. Definitely a glitch.

Pharaoh Mar 9, 2013 1:20 pm

Well, this may answer my question in the LAX thread about where are they getting aircraft for all the new LAX routes. ;)

Chalky White Mar 9, 2013 1:22 pm

I asked Delta Assist and pointed them to this thread--hopefully they can figure out what is going on.

Xeno Mar 9, 2013 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room (Post 20390158)
Same story different city! Tulsa and OKC same story. The morning flights to DTW remain from Tulsa but not the morning flights to ATL. And not just the morning flights. ExpertFlyer is the best resource at the moment as the Medallion Line is unaware of the issues. The bookings remain but not the flights.

I was doing my routine check for changes on Sat and saw that the 6 am OKC-ATL was gone for my 3/31 onward to SVO and 5/19 onward to HKG. I can see the flights but my seat assignments are gone and I cannot select a seat on either flight.

I called DL and they were going to sub with horrible routes. She went on to say that it looked like they were in the process of loading changes and that things may work better if I could hold on for a few hours and see what shows up at the end of the day.

DL has to have some kind of morning service OKC-ATL so hopefully the answer will be sooner rather than later.

FlyAO2 Mar 9, 2013 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by gplates (Post 20390356)
may it be that it has to do with the govt cuts ? is ATC/FAA affected by that ?

Give me a break - don't buy the hype.

A number JFK-LAS flights were cancelled too - I spoke with an agent said they are in the process of rejiggering flights....I don't think it is an IT issue

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20390283)
. . . . the usual Saturday schedule shuffle. . . .

Originally Posted by FlyAO2 (Post 20390645)
. . . . they are in the process of rejiggering flights....

Same Same.

;)

:D

PS: Can we add "rejiggering" to the FT glossary? :)