FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL Schedule Mess (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1446349-dl-schedule-mess.html)

MSPeconomist Mar 11, 2013 12:11 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 20398015)
This is ridiculous.

I checked my itinerary for this week, and Delta.dumber.than.ever shows one segment had been cancelled. I called SMS and was told that, no, the flight was still operating.

At the same time, Delta.dumber.than.dirt is showing that segment, for which I am still awaiting an upgrade, as having no FC seats left available... Meanwhile EF shows 5 seats available (later confirmed by SMS).

BTW... the SMS agent stated that their call volume, and frustrations, have rocketed over the last few days.

I'll ignore the issue of why a PM can't score an upgrade on a mid-day flight on a Wednesday on a DC-9 between DTW and ORD and ask the more pertinent question:

DL Management... you expect us to trust that you are capable of safely transporting us long distances at 30,000 feet above the ground. Yet, you can't demonstrate the ability to maintain a computer program. What's wrong with this picture?

I've been procrastinating on purchasing a ticket because I don't want to be caught in the mess, plus I want to be able to reliably pick my seat, but it's getting to the point where I'm tempted to give up and go with another carrier. Not a huge ticket, but domestic FC.

Grouchy Mar 11, 2013 4:28 am

My MSP-AMS return leg that went berserk is acting normal again. Seats are again available on the website.

SomeGuy Mar 11, 2013 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Grouchy (Post 20398708)
My MSP-AMS return leg that went berserk is acting normal again. Seats are again available on the website.

Yep, and my cancelled flight is back on time for Thursday.

rylan Mar 11, 2013 5:39 am

Somebody probably decided to roll out some updated "code" for the website again and let the end users act as the beta testers.

My OP waitlisted segments still don't appear on the website either.

kss5555 Mar 11, 2013 6:19 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 20398015)
This is ridiculous.

I checked my itinerary for this week, and Delta.dumber.than.ever shows one segment had been cancelled. I called SMS and was told that, no, the flight was still operating.

At the same time, Delta.dumber.than.dirt is showing that segment, for which I am still awaiting an upgrade, as having no FC seats left available... Meanwhile EF shows 5 seats available (later confirmed by SMS).

BTW... the SMS agent stated that their call volume, and frustrations, have rocketed over the last few days.

I'll ignore the issue of why a PM can't score an upgrade on a mid-day flight on a Wednesday on a DC-9 between DTW and ORD and ask the more pertinent question:

DL Management... you expect us to trust that you are capable of safely transporting us long distances at 30,000 feet above the ground. Yet, you can't demonstrate the ability to maintain a computer program. What's wrong with this picture?

DTW-ORD and ORD-DTW have not been doing advance upgrades for about a year if not longer now. This is FCM, I was on a DC9 in June on a Saturday night 8:30PM flight back to DTW from ORD, this is basically all O&D as there are no connections in DTW after the 10:45 PM arrival time. The gate agent cleared all 16 seats at the gate T-35. Called each passenger up in order asked for window or aisle.

davetravels Mar 11, 2013 6:33 am

Originally Posted by kss5555 (Post 20399026)
DTW-ORD and ORD-DTW have not been doing advance upgrades for about a year if not longer now. This is FCM

Thanx for confirming what I speculated on earlier.

As I look at today's DTW/ORD flights, L coach is selling for $151 and A/F for $210. I assume that it's worth if for some, to pay $59 extra to not sit in a middle seat, and will also recoup some of that with Woodford, not to mention the deluxe snack basket!

A little weird that The 7:35 PM flight is $394 for M coach, but $366 for P/F!

TTT Mar 11, 2013 11:05 am

May be related (and I posted in the DL Bug Reporting thread) but my flight this afternoon is supposed to depart at 2:45pm and now is posting a delayed arrival of 11:18am tomorrow (the flight is 1 hour 48 minutes) with an on-time departure.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20400469-post1436.html

Diamond desk is checking on it for me but she said I am not the first call with a similar issue. She also made mention of the mass cancelation over the weekend and that they are having problems getting everyone back on their respective flights.

MSPeconomist Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 20399076)
Thanx for confirming what I speculated on earlier.

As I look at today's DTW/ORD flights, L coach is selling for $151 and A/F for $210. I assume that it's worth if for some, to pay $59 extra to not sit in a middle seat, and will also recoup some of that with Woodford, not to mention the deluxe snack basket!

A little weird that The 7:35 PM flight is $394 for M coach, but $366 for P/F!

Remember that A P F fares get 150% MQM (and an additional 50% redeemable miles, plus whatever elite bonuses), so 250 more miles. The same is true for Y and B fares.

Seat1A Mar 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20400554)
Remember that A P F fares get 150% MQM (and an additional 50% redeemable miles, plus whatever elite bonuses), so 250 more miles. The same is true for Y and B fares.

and, for non-elites, free bags. that could be a great deal for some..........

only remaining weirdness i see is a leg on friday showing F5 with 2 F seats open on the seatmap. (i know, seatmaps aren't perfect, but before the weekend, it was showing F7 with 7 open seats..)