FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL Schedule Mess (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1446349-dl-schedule-mess.html)

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bicostal (Post 20391258)
DM desk says it will get fixed.

Ya, for those of you who are in this situation, I'd sit on it tonite - - keeping an eye on it throughout the evening, because if you scramble to make changes today - and take cr@ppy TATL seats, just to have something that appears to work - THEN, tomorrow you see that your flights have reappeared, you'll be EXTREMELY peeved!

Just my 2 SkyPesos worth - - No offense intended to the Mexican monetary system - (for those who read that post) ;)

atl runner Mar 9, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm scheduled on DL 1692 at 08:15 ATL to SAN on 5 April--and DL 1592 at 06:15 from SAN to ATL on 8 April. My itinerary still shows both are operating with no schedule change.

However, on "flight schedules" it doesn't now show them as operating.

BigFlyer Mar 9, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm looking for a connection from SFO to BCN on 13 April. Expertflyer shows a flight via ATL leaving SFO at 7:45 AM, and one via JFK leaving SFO at 8:15 AM.

Delta.com shows neither connection (both available in T according to Expertflyer), but a bunch of crazy long connections.

Both the JFJ and ATL flights show if I just search SFO to JFK or ATL. If I do multi-city I can force the connection, it will price, but when I try to purchase it gives me an error message.

MSPeconomist Mar 9, 2013 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 20391356)
I'm looking for a connection from SFO to BCN on 13 April. Expertflyer shows a flight via ATL leaving SFO at 7:45 AM, and one via JFK leaving SFO at 8:15 AM.

Delta.com shows neither connection (both available in T according to Expertflyer), but a bunch of crazy long connections.

Both the JFJ and ATL flights show if I just search SFO to JFK or ATL. If I do multi-city I can force the connection, it will price, but when I try to purchase it gives me an error message.

Call DL, especially if you're anxious about trying to book this now and grab a T fare.

Xeno Mar 9, 2013 4:14 pm

Just be glad you are not in the dark trying to purchase tickets online for these dates and particular routes (like mine quoted above) because the choices on DL's web are horrific.

BigFlyer Mar 9, 2013 4:22 pm

I did a few hours ago - the reservationist was all ready to ticket then she said the flight had just been cancelled. She then tried to start giving me various alternatives involving numerous flights, at which point I convinced her to leave the reservation as is without ticketing.

I called back a half hour ago and the new reservationist was able to ticket. Good thing the first one hadsaved the reservation, the T availability on the KLM codeshare for the return had already zeroed out but I still had 2 seats in my reservation.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20391364)
Call DL, especially if you're anxious about trying to book this now and grab a T fare.

DetroitDIS Mar 9, 2013 4:27 pm

DTW-MCO problems today

This morning I looked up flights for November and they were there. One hour ago, I looked up same flights ready to book and there are now NO direct flights from DTW to MCO in the morning from August 15th onward. Is this a glitch, scheduling shuffle, or a permanent removal from the schedule!? Anyone have a good guess?

DiscoPapa Mar 9, 2013 4:29 pm

March and April schedules are already loaded/final, so I wouldn't chalk this up to a normal schedule change. As others have said, I'd just sit tight and let it correct itself. Definitely very odd though!

Eighty8MPH Mar 9, 2013 4:32 pm

You can add DL 2184 SDF-ATL to the list.
I was looking at taking this flight on Thursday, but it no longer appears on the DL website.

EF shows it as cancelled.

ITA shows it as available.

I am hoping that this is just a glitch. Maybe we will all wake up tomorrow to see that all these flights have been restored.

Maybe not.

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by DetroitDIS (Post 20391409)
. . . . there are now NO direct flights from DTW to MCO in the morning from August 15th onward.

First, welcome to FlyerTalk Delta Forum! :)

2nd, not to seem snooty, but I believe you want a non-stop, NOT a direct flight. Direct flights make a stop somewhere along the way, but keep the same flight number - like DTW/ATL/MCO. That would be a direct flight.

Now that that's out of the way, DL uploads major schedule changes on some Saturdays, and I believe most of us posting here would expect that this is what's going on, and it'll hopefully be straightened out by tomorrow.

:)

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 4:45 pm

Between the suquester talk:

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2013/feb/27...ts-would-hit-/

"FAA’s Air Traffic Control Sequester Cuts Would Hit Calif. Airports" . . . .

. . . . and this report:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...s-airport-FAA/

"San Diego-based air traffic errors soar"

SAN DIEGO — Air traffic control errors — such as allowing planes to fly too close together — rose sharply across the nation in recent years, with the highest increase coming from the San Diego-based hub that manages air traffic for much of Southern California, according to a federal audit released this week.

Seat1A Mar 9, 2013 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 20391216)
This schedule mess seems worse than usual. I just checked seats and I have a segment where DL shows every BE seat as occupied, but EF shows the same seat map as yesterday....

i'm seeing exactly the same on a confirmed/ticketed flight for next friday. delta.com says all seats taken, EF says otherwise.

agreeing with others -- this is the usual schedule change behavior -- just not used to seeing it on a flight next week.

TheMadBrewer Mar 9, 2013 4:47 pm

I would pick today to book a trip LAX-ZHR in early April. I am getting some weird ... connections on the last leg (ATL-LAX) -- ATL-SMF-LAX, ATL-BNA-LAX, ATL-AUS-DTW-LAX

I think I'll wait until tomorrow :)

MSPeconomist Mar 9, 2013 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer (Post 20391487)
I would pick today to book a trip LAX-ZHR in early April. I am getting some weird ... connections on the last leg (ATL-LAX) -- ATL-SMF-LAX, ATL-BNA-LAX, ATL-AUS-DTW-LAX

I think I'll wait until tomorrow :)

Do you want to make the trip into a MR? ATL-AUS-DTW-LAX should give a nice chunk of additional miles. It also might have better upgrade odds than ATL-LAX nonstop. However, is this what youu want after TATL?

davetravels Mar 9, 2013 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by SoraAoi (Post 20390107)
DL is canceling all morning flights to ATL from SAN effective March 13. 6:55 and 8 am are gone.

Heyyy!!!! The 6:55 AM is back on EF now!!! But the 8:00 and 11:00 are showing canx!

AND on DL.com!

https://www.delta.com/booking/flight...nTimePercent=8