Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Corganbr
Any other platinum medallions having trouble getting the 4pm check out? I'm at the W in Miami and they say the latest check out I can get is 2pm. Who should I call?
From https://www.delta.com/profile/spgLanding.action -

4 p.m. late checkout, subject to availability at resort and conference center SPG Participating Hotels
Is the W in Miami a participating property and/or did they have availability to support a 4pm check out?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
Originally Posted by rwoman
From https://www.delta.com/profile/spgLanding.action -

Is the W in Miami a participating property and/or did they have availability to support a 4pm check out?
Be glad that you got 2PM.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, Delta Amex Reserve
Show them your Preferred Plus Membership benefits(take a screenshot from your account) which include late checkout of 4pm and ask them if they are familiar with the Crossover Rewards program. I had to do this once at a Westin before I reached Gold with SPG.
They apologized and acknowledged the program and gave me the late checkout.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:46 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Any updates on trends for the SPG points posting? (How long does it take for points to post, any discernable patterns of sweeps for posting, etc) I completed a TPAC trip last Monday (9 days ago) and haven't seen the SPG points yet.
In my experience Crossover Rewards points have usually posted to my SPG account on Tuesdays, though I did get a posting this week on Wednesday. Seems to be a minimum of a bit more than a week, so something like whichever Tuesday-or-sometimes-Wednesday falls about 10-17 days after the flight. Definitely have never had any miles post earlier than 10 days (this week's Wednesday the 21st post even included miles from a flight on Sunday the 11th whereas evidence from previous weeks suggests that had this week's post happened on Tuesday those Sunday miles wouldn't have come through until the following week).
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:21 pm
Suspended

I just got 625 bonus miles as a "Crossover Rewards Medallion Hotel Stay Bonus". Miles are awarded as 1 mile-per-dollar-spend, correct? If so, I am missing a few (spend $781.87 total including tax). Or does only the pre-tax amount count?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 2:33 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I just got 625 bonus miles as a "Crossover Rewards Medallion Hotel Stay Bonus". Miles are awarded as 1 mile-per-dollar-spend, correct? If so, I am missing a few (spend $781.87 total including tax). Or does only the pre-tax amount count?
Taxes and any charges to the room don't count unfortunately, just the base room rate. If you don't have any room charges (meals, etc.) you should get exactly the same number of Delta miles as the basis for your Starpoints -- so your 625 Delta miles should match the base 1250 Starwood points you would have gotten for the stay at 2 points per dollar.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by colerc
Taxes and any charges to the room don't count unfortunately, just the base room rate. If you don't have any room charges (meals, etc.) you should get exactly the same number of Delta miles as the basis for your Starpoints -- so your 625 Delta miles should match the base 1250 Starwood points you would have gotten for the stay at 2 points per dollar.
For my stay in December, I got 1,324 points and another 1,000 points for being "green".
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Anyone know the procedure for claiming lost credit?

I have gotten all my DL points for SPG stays but am missing a lot of SPG points for DL flights.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:05 pm
Used to be hamajicky

the twitter team has helped me with SPG points not posting for DL flights.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Anyone know the procedure for claiming lost credit?

I have gotten all my DL points for SPG stays but am missing a lot of SPG points for DL flights.
This posting prompted me to contact SPG, because my SPG account stands at zero points (I usually stay at Marriott properties since I have status there). There they told me to contact Delta to ask them to credit the points to my SPG accounts, for all of the flights I took after signing up for cross-rewards. The SPG agent told me I am definitely entitled to the points after looking at my account.

Rather than calling DL right away I went online to look at the rules, and my reading of them suggests that only SPG Gold and above members are entitled to SPG points from DL flights. I don't have any status with SPG, so therefore I don't think I'm entitled to SPG points from cross-rewards.

Am I right?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
This posting prompted me to contact SPG, because my SPG account stands at zero points (I usually stay at Marriott properties since I have status there). There they told me to contact Delta to ask them to credit the points to my SPG accounts, for all of the flights I took after signing up for cross-rewards. The SPG agent told me I am definitely entitled to the points after looking at my account.

Rather than calling DL right away I went online to look at the rules, and my reading of them suggests that only SPG Gold and above members are entitled to SPG points from DL flights. I don't have any status with SPG, so therefore I don't think I'm entitled to SPG points from cross-rewards.

Am I right?
Unfortunately, I think that is the case.

I am Gold with SPG, however, and should be getting points from both angles.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:59 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
ORC for Crossover Rewards

A few weeks ago I was scheduled to fly CLT-DTW-MCI but due to IRROPS I had them reroute me on a non-stop US Airways flight. A few days after the flight I tweeted @DeltaAssist and asked for original routing credit for my trip which promptly posted to my Delta account. I was just checking my SPG account and noticed that I got Crossover credit for those flights too, but the amount of the credit was 500 per segment, which is about 10 times more than it would have been for each flight normally. ^
Old Jun 28, 2014, 5:57 pm

Cross Over rewards

So I have joined Cross over as a lifetime SPG gold

I've received over 80,000 SPG points, worth over 100,000 DL points for nothing.

What is the business reason for Cross over - makes no sense to me? I get 100,000 extra DL points and rarely stay at SPG hotels?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
The point of Crossover is to encourage frequent travelers to both fly Delta and stay at SPG hotels. I do both and gain extra miles when I stay at SPG and extra SPG points when I fly Delta - it is a great program.

Sounds like you have gotten some benefit from it already in either case so congrats?
Old Jun 29, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
It does seem to imply some may never need to pay for a hotel room again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.