Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by edweird
I have also begun to see Delta stuff posting to my SPG account, and SPG stuff posting into Skymiles.

My Delta tickets were purchased via my employer's corporate travel account which uses Concur. My hotel stays were booked directly with the hotel, but I made sure that my SPG # was on file with the reservation prior to checkin.
This is good to know - my employer also uses concur. It's currently optional for us but may become mandatory.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tajd12
Looks like I had the return segment on 3/14 post but not the outbound on 3/10 to my SPG account. Guessing the dollar calc doesn't include taxes and fees? Doesn't seem to break down right.
Looks like the same here. I got my return on 3/12 posted but not my outbound on 3/7. I got 403 points on an $875+ r/t (domestic) ticket, although I just looked at the receipt and the base fare was $806, so I guess an annoying fuel surcharge in there that doesn't earn points.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Looks like the same here. I got my return on 3/12 posted but not my outbound on 3/7. I got 403 points on an $875+ r/t (domestic) ticket, although I just looked at the receipt and the base fare was $806, so I guess an annoying fuel surcharge in there that doesn't earn points.
It's the taxes. There's no fuel surcharge on domestic tickets. If you look at your receipt on DL.dumb, you should now be able to see the fare, carrier-imposed surcharges, and taxes broken out.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
SPG Crossover Rewards - Who fixes problems?

I just logged into my SPG account and noticed that for the flights I've taken since registering, only one of them have posted SPG points, but not even the correct amount. My MIA-MSP leg only awarded me 116 miles...?

Any idea who the primary handler is? I'd hate for it to be Delta's IT...
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
I'd also like to know. I have the same problem and when I called Delta the CSR rep tried to tell me to call Starwood. When I explained it was a problem on Delta's part she said she had no way to fix it and didn't know who to contact.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm curious about the elite benefits crossover and how that works. I have an upcoming Starwood stay and I contacted Starwood and was sent a link to the T&C. Will the hotel see my status for room upgrades and such when assigning a room?
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota
I just logged into my SPG account and noticed that for the flights I've taken since registering, only one of them have posted SPG points, but not even the correct amount. My MIA-MSP leg only awarded me 116 miles...?

Any idea who the primary handler is? I'd hate for it to be Delta's IT...
Just as a note (don't know if this could be your discrepancy) but you get 1 starpoint for every dollar EXCLUDING taxes and fees of the ticket...which normally make up most of the ticket cost. Could this be why it seems low to you? I had 26 points post for a flight...and believe me, I've never paid $26 for any DL flight! haha
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
From the DL Crossover FAQ rewards page - https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-platinum.html

If you are registered for Crossover Rewards and meet the criteria to earn Starpoints and/or Delta miles for your eligible flight or Eligible Stay: (1) if you are missing Delta miles for an Eligible Stay at an SPG Participating Hotel, contact the SPG Customer Contact Center (2) if you are missing Starpoints for an eligible Delta flight, contact Delta.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
The problem is I'm missing starpoints for Delta flights and it says to contact Delta and the CSRs don't know how to help.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:13 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I have yet to get any credit in my SPG account for any DL flights - how long is it really taking? I know the FAQ says 4-6 weeks.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
I had a stay at the beginning of March that posted to my Delta account about two weeks later. I've had several more stays since then and none of those has posted yet.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold
Forgot to add: my flights from that trip posted to my SPG account about two days later.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Perhaps some of the DL social ambassadors could chime in with a suggestion...
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
does anyone know what the expected timeframe is for posting? i'd be curious to know both ways, if anyone's got any anecdotal experiences and what you saw.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
This is becoming harder to track than the Hertz triple point promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.