Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta and Starwood introduce Crossover Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
does anyone know what the expected timeframe is for posting? i'd be curious to know both ways, if anyone's got any anecdotal experiences and what you saw.
I've taken flights every week of March, and I've had the flights from the week of the 11th post. Still missing from the week of the 4th and the 18th. Not sure if my flight last week counted since it was one way with delta and one way with Alaska. If the travel agent made those separate tickets, it should work, if they combined them, then it probably won't.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Still waiting on flights from March 3. Not feeling hopeful...and we have no one to contact. Why are these programs and promotions issued with such poor answers to the most basic questions...Who do we contact with problems???
Old Apr 3, 2013, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by rwoman
From the DL Crossover FAQ rewards page - https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-platinum.html
and from SPG site

http://mobile.usablenet.com/mt/spgpr...language=en_US
Old Apr 3, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
So both FAQs say to contact Delta if your Starpoints don't post from eligible Delta flights but when you contact Delta they don't know to handle it.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
A business associate of mine had miles post for one Starwood stay, but then the next stay posted an entry on his SkyMiles account with zero miles posted, saying that the "last names don't match" between his SkyMiles and SPG accounts.

Strange that one time it posted, the other time it was rejected.

Makes you think there is a manual review step along the way.

And everything posted perfectly on the Starwood side for the Delta flights taken.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:35 pm

I've done 3 or 4 roundtrips since registering at the beginning of March and have yet to see anything Delta related in my SPG account. Guess I'll have to keep waiting.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had been starting to worry that, while my hotel stays were crediting as DL miles, I hadn't yet seen any SPG points for DL flights. Today the flights started to credit and could be identified by date, although an early return flight on a RT at the beginning of March is still missing.

Maybe a lot of the answer is that time fixes problems, although it's strange that some people saw all their points and miles post early in the promos, while others are doing a catchup in apparently random order.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
I just looked at my SM account. My SPG stay on 7 March 2013 did credit to my DL account. However, my DL flights 8-10 March 2013 do not show up.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 5:28 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I had flights 3/11 and 3/15 which are now showing on SPG.com (posted 3/27). I have a spreadsheet that keeps track of the base fare excluding taxes/fees for each trip. The SPG points earned match the base fare exactly for this trip though they post each leg individually and are a little tricky to read as they just post with the destination of that leg. For example:

400 DL PTS TIX: ATL 20130311
518 DL PTS TIX: SLC 20130315
183 DL PTS TIX: BOI 20130315

Interestingly, flights the week before (3/5 - 3/7) have not posted. IIRC, those flights were rebooked due to IROPS and the routing was changed. I wonder if that is throwing the system off somehow.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by DwayneSkyMiles
Is the registration not working for anyone else?!
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum
I am still waiting for some points to post and I can't figure out how to get it fixed. I called Delta, who told me to talk to SPG, who gave me an email address to send a receipt and now I get this response:

Thank you for your email in regards to your Delta Crossover Rewards. It is my pleasure to assist you.

Unfortunately we have no access to Delta's internal records please contact there customer service department in regards to your missing miles/points. I apologize I could not be of more assistance and for any inconvenience this may bring.

We appreciate your continued loyalty with Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc. If you have any further questions please let me know.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM'r,
Originally Posted by mr_burdell
I am still waiting for some points to post and I can't figure out how to get it fixed. I called Delta, who told me to talk to SPG, who gave me an email address to send a receipt and now I get this response:
Unfortunately, this is the same response I'm getting for Delta Flts not posting to my SPG account. Delta says contact SPG and of course SPG can't fix Delta problems. There needs to be a Crossover Rewards contact at Delta for these issues.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bappelt
Unfortunately, this is the same response I'm getting for Delta Flts not posting to my SPG account. Delta says contact SPG and of course SPG can't fix Delta problems. There needs to be a Crossover Rewards contact at Delta for these issues.
This Crossover Rewards with SPG could go on a long list of "overpromised and underdelivered" from Delta marketing. Only time will tell, but I don't have my hopes up. If I get anything from this co-op marketing effort I'll consider it gravy.
Old May 1, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Any updates on trends for the SPG points posting? (How long does it take for points to post, any discernable patterns of sweeps for posting, etc) I completed a TPAC trip last Monday (9 days ago) and haven't seen the SPG points yet.
Old May 5, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by cottonpatch
Any updates on trends for the SPG points posting? (How long does it take for points to post, any discernable patterns of sweeps for posting, etc) I completed a TPAC trip last Monday (9 days ago) and haven't seen the SPG points yet.
For my recent domestic trips, SPG points have been posting to my account within about two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.