Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skymiles rules changes for 2013 are here (at delta.com updates, details inside)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles rules changes for 2013 are here (at delta.com updates, details inside)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Don't forget that many of us probably already have firm travel plans for Spring and Summer. It is outrageous to change the rules come March 1st for airfare already booked. Not to mention the short notice (6 weeks??).
I would note that there is a distinct history of this with DL. They won a Freddie Award, dammit!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:07 am

Fortunately, I could always move back to Singapore. Hehe.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Maybe Michelle will come back from her new job to tell us that "this was the right decision and that we should start a conversation"? LOL

I think the bigger story here is arrogance Delta's SkyMiles and Social Media team have for their customers: loyal customers such as us should not have to find out about this via a sudden leak of info that is quickly pulled from their own website. Is Delta not proud of this announcement?
Yeah! How arrogant of DL to announce things on Delta.com (and when they are ready)! Don't they know who we are! FT! FT! FT!

Seriously, though, I think this is just an indication of how unimportant some of you are. I received a personal call from Richard Anderson earlier today, much as I do for all impending announcements.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:11 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
I think you can probably take that evolution of skymiles post info from LedgeT in the other thread and just change the dates to 2013 instead of 2012. Sure they're late, but its happening.
Yeah. LedgeT was spot on about everything except for the fare-based accrual, fare-based redemption, and the dates.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Maybe Michelle will come back from her new job to tell us that "this was the right decision and that we should start a conversation"? LOL

I think the bigger story here is arrogance Delta's SkyMiles and Social Media team have for their customers: loyal customers such as us should not have to find out about this via a sudden leak of info that is quickly pulled from their own website. Is Delta not proud of this announcement?
^^

Obviously, this wasn't properly kept under wraps. I'm just curious what the War Room looks like and how it'll be staffed by people from Corp Comm to respond.

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Yeah! How arrogant of DL to announce things on Delta.com (and when they are ready)! Don't they know who we are! FT! FT! FT!

Seriously, though, I think this is just an indication of how unimportant some of you are. I received a personal call from Richard Anderson earlier today, much as I do for all impending announcements.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by rylan
I think you can probably take that evolution of skymiles post info from LedgeT in the other thread and just change the dates to 2013 instead of 2012. Sure they're late, but its happening.
Exactly. Remember, Phase I early and incomplete roll-out there was to be timed together with Polaris Chicago release. Well, Polaris Chicago is now out just recently (the new dulta.com dumbed down and and with a lot of functionality removed site) - just look at it when a page is loading, you will see some files loading from a /polaris/ directory (or look at the source code). Phase I was to be just an early limited release. Obviously Polaris Chicago was delayed -- by a lot, and is still not even ready for beta testing (though it has been pushed out live). Phase I is likely to come once Polaris Chicago is more functional, a good few months from now. So the FUBAR'ing of SkyMiles, the RBATR, the EOS (End of SkyMiles), likely will end up being just about a year late vs. what was initially planned; we have Polaris Chicago (the new, worse-than-ever, dulta.com) to thank for that delay. I mean it's pretty obvious that the current award search is not part of Polaris Chicago: it doesn't look at all like the rest of it and hasn't been updated in many years. It's clearly just put in on a temporary basis, not meant there for the long term. Just given how buggy and behind schedule Polaris Chicago is, even Phase I of EOS is likely to be pushed back until it is more functional and fixed, using the internal resources accordingly.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm also surprised that nobody is appalled by the MQD being 10cpm. Seriously, that is pretty high. 2.5k spend for the "benefits" of FO is a joke.

I can see biz travelers who get big discounts from corp contracts getting hosed here by flying on their discounted Q and H fares at 7-9cpm rates.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: DL GM
If its true as reported its not so bad. Take a few cheap mr's to bump up your mqm's and throw in a few more expensive fares or premium fare trips to push up the mqd's. gold might not be so bad after all going foreward. Depending of course what the mqd thresholds are. And of course what the validity of all this is. Having the DL.com announcement seen by only one or so of us then to have it suddenly"disappear" sorta makes my eyes cross. And yes if it's true then ledget, I apologise for giving you a hard time!
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sectflyer
Having the DL.com announcement seen by only one or so of us then to have it suddenly"disappear" sorta makes my eyes cross.
I have seen it on the delta.com website. No problem repeating this in court with my hand on the Bible.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Interestingly, all of this information has been entirely scrubbed from their website. There was a link for info for the 2014 program, which was broken, but is now MIA.

Yet another embarrassing flop for DL IT?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Exactly. Remember, Phase I early and incomplete roll-out there was to be timed together with Polaris Chicago release.
Actually, that is not what LedgeT posted at all.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I have seen it on the delta.com website. No problem repeating this in court with my hand on the Bible.
I saw it too and what was posted is consistent with what I saw.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I wonder if the spend threshold with AmEx will also still earn the bonus MQMs?
If not, what reason is there to have the Platinum Delta Amex over the Gold? Everybody downgrading would cost Amex money, so I don't see that happening.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Perhaps the DL social ambassador team is here and hard at work... this could've been an experiment to see our reaction.

Although, that assumes that anyone at DL cares about FTers opinions. lol. We're probably too small of a revenue subset to matter.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:28 am
Suspended

We also don't know if the MQDs are only accrued when buying airfare from delta.com directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.