Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by TTT
I found that annoying as well. But if you use your new password vs a PIN the lastname is not required (nor does the field display).
Thanks for the heads up.^
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
HINT: Fire your head of IT.
I'm not sure they have one to fire.

I have a feeling DL asked the DTW/B-concourse tug drivers to take a stab at a site redesign.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html

On this page, under the GM column, for SkyTeam Status it says "Elite Plus6" with the 6 referring to a footnote.

However, there are only five footnotes on the page, numbers 1-5.

I thought GM was SkyTeam Elite Plus full stop - I wonder why there is a reference to a footnote (that's missing)?

Another oddity on this page - the text for footnote 5 refers to the PM/DM Award Booking Fee waiver, but that line calls out footnote 3, "Waived Award Redeposit/Reissue Fees3"
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The upgrade wiped out my known traveler (Global Entry) number. Folks who like TSA Pre Check ought to check theirs, too!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA; National EC
Originally Posted by mnbp
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-benefits.html

On this page, under the GM column, for SkyTeam Status it says "Elite Plus6" with the 6 referring to a footnote.

However, there are only five footnotes on the page, numbers 1-5.

I thought GM was SkyTeam Elite Plus full stop - I wonder why there is a reference to a footnote (that's missing)?
The PDF version still shows no footnote for GM Elite Plus. I hope this is a typo, not a canary of the 2013 changes!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; Hilton Diamond; National Exec
New web site is way too slow, and needs too many clicks to navigate. Signing in is less convenient. Only upside I've seen so far is the seat maps showing the entire plane instead of just the section you are booked in.

I give this a D. And if doesn't speed up soon, I'll revise it down to an F.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:41 pm

The UI designers for the new delta.com must have been smoking some unusual stuff. Would love to know what it was! Same as the GNOME3 folks? Wonder how they managed to convince upper management that their UI design had merit?

The only redeeming feature about the new delta.com as far as I am concerned is the ability to print out receipts for completed trips.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by ats262
Only upside I've seen so far is the seat maps showing the entire plane instead of just the section you are booked in.
+1
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by BobRoss
The upgrade wiped out my known traveler (Global Entry) number. Folks who like TSA Pre Check ought to check theirs, too!
Yesterday I received an email from Delta, explaining TSA PreCheck and providing a link for me to "opt in". Quite confusing since I've been enrolled and enjoying their TSA PreCheck program for some time.

Could this new website redesign be the reason for this note I received yesterday? Do we need to do TSAPreCheck "opt in" again??
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Yesterday I received an email from Delta, explaining TSA PreCheck and providing a link for me to "opt in". Quite confusing since I've been enrolled and enjoying their TA PreCheck program for some time.

Could this new website redesign be the reason for this note I received yesterday? Do we need to do TSAPreCheck "opt in" again??
Good question. One I hope gets responded to!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
The UI designers for the new delta.com must have been smoking some unusual stuff. Would love to know what it was!
They're based in Colorado.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:58 pm

Really like the new changes. Aren't all new websites going to have some bugs to work out?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BobRoss
Thanks for the heads up. Checked my account but sure enough, the info was there. Not easy to find but definitely buried in there. The real test will be if it still carries over to TSA.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
The new Sky Club locations list is AMAZING!!!

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/skyclub.action
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Slow, ugly, heard to read. The homepage drops down now instead of opening to the right.

I guess this is what passes for innovation these days. That and a little lipstick as a previous poster said. Color me unimpressed.

Did the Delta representative actually say they were testing this weekend? All testing should be completed before I ever see it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.