Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: DL GM, UA; National EC
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
In 2012 to develop a password program that doesn't even allow usage of those characters is ridiculous.
Agreed! I suspect this might have to do with "first four characters are PIN for CS phone calls". But if the move to passwords is for stronger security, I wish I could make the password use special chars.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I think we're being used as beta testers (is it a coincidence that DL staff showed up en masse the other day?) which in principle is fine, but usually when companies do this they provide a "beta" option on the website while still maintaining the old interface to allow users to continue to operate as usual while the bugs are being worked out. This would seem particularly important in the case of a service that is pretty time-critical for those of us in transit!
There is precedent for this. After the merger, DL left the functional NWA.COM up for quite some time in parallel with Delta.dumb. One could find better DL availabilty on the NW site than DL's as well as a functional award calendar which has eluded DL lo these many years.

I tried to take the new site for a test drive this morning. Test booking a flight this morning stopped when the drop-down calendar yielded a blank box and the process stalled at that point.

DL is using Microsoft's play book: Use your customers as beta-testers; it saves enormous amounts of development money.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emrdoc
My god, you people love to complain. At least it is entertaining.
Ha, so true.

Will take some adjustments but actually kind of like it. Really like the Dashbaord with My Wallet and Promotions features, great reminders of eCerts and eligible promos which I often forget. Sure, they could have left out the SkyClub membership thing since duh, they gave it to me with Diamond but that is such small stuff.

Overall, can live with the new password thing. Still trying to figure out the pie chart but love that the page includes the future CB's not yet selected. Like the others, a great reminder.

Overall, sorry because I know this is so anti-FT but I like it.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:33 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Sabai
DL is using Microsoft's play book: Use your customers as beta-testers; it saves enormous amounts of development money.
Oh please... I'm sure you are a loyal Google user and never once did this thought cross your mind wrt GoogleApps.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I've been playing around on the site w/ IE10 on a Surface RT and it works very well and in some ways is one of the better touch enabled site I've been too. I'm guessing this is an HTML5 rewrite. BTW, it's especially good on a 16:9 screen. Not one to praise Delta, look at my posting history, but this site is nice work from what in have experienced so far!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, LH
You got farther than I did. I went in this morning to add my Trusted Traveller number to my profile. (I just received it in the mail yesterday). After then going to the United and American sites to add the number to my MileAge Plus and Aadvantage profiles, I came back to Delta.com 30 minutes ago to book a business trip. I tried for over 15 minutes to get in, opened and shut my browser 3 times, but delta.com kept freezing up on the 2nd page. After waiting over 10 minutes on the telephone for the IT help desk to answer, I closed my browser and reopened it to united.com. The UA booking page quickly popped up, and, since I have to leave on Monday (2 days from now)for my trip, I went and booked my trip on United. Delta's IT management doesn't seem to realize how their weak web-page hurts their business. I think they should just go back to the nwa.com web-page, and put the 'Delta' name on it. The nwa.com web-page was leading edge for its time, but Delta IT is worst-in class. Although the on-board wi-fi is a great benefit, the other complications of doing business with Delta makes other airlines a better business choice.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I think we're being used as beta testers (is it a coincidence that DL staff showed up en masse the other day?) which in principle is fine, but usually when companies do this they provide a "beta" option on the website while still maintaining the old interface to allow users to continue to operate as usual while the bugs are being worked out. This would seem particularly important in the case of a service that is pretty time-critical for those of us in transit!
I hope they throw the switch back to the old site soon. Sounds like there is a load of major and minor problems to work out.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
So, you need a password, but can only use letters and numbers - no special letters - example # $ % & .... now, while I use them a lot when swearing (who me?), and rarely use them in passwords, i DO, however, USE them.

In 2012 to develop a password program that doesn't even allow usage of those characters is ridiculous.
But there are millions who use the website casually who are not in he FF program that presumably will not even need to have a password to use the site. Why penalize those that use it all the time? Leave my PIN alone!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:50 am
nam

Programs: Delta Gold
I cannot print my boarding pass. Does anyone have a work around for this?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
Reminds me a lot of Hilton's new website design. Very graphic intense, which is okay but tends to make things slow down. I like the receipts feature, I miss that from the old NWA site. The new seat map and plane info is pretty cool as well. Now I just need to try and book a reward flight. My guess is that it will look pretty, but the availability of low rewards will be pretty bad and very well hidden.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I clicked 'Later' in the new password box as soon as it popped up. I was able to log in with my pin only. I even tested by logging out and re-logging in with my pin. No pop-up asking me to create a password on re-login.

Tragically, it doesn't show a single trip I have booked no matter what *We're sorry. We can't show your upcoming trips right now. Please try again later. *. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed immediately.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by hnewman
It just showed that I have a Amex Reserve card
Where does it show.?...my account shows First Name Last Name
Diamond Medallion
Million Miler

but no Delta Reserve...????
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Seems to work pretty well on my Kindle Fire HD (as well as on my Windows 7 desktop).

Now if I could just find two low business awards ORF to SYD in August or September....

Last edited by DLcoop1977; Nov 10, 2012 at 9:58 am
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Was researching an international trip this morning, and was using the DL.com interface to IATA's Timatic to look up my travel details. The new DL.com made selecting the travel countries tricky, to say the least - the default was to Select "Afganistan" as the Alien Resident Of selection, and the answer was the completely unintuitive CTRL plus click to turn off that selection.

Now, the Timatic link is gone. Example:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...m-the-u-s.html
Re-entering the U.S.
Check the travel documents you will need to re-enter the U.S. below. For example, if you are traveling to U.S. from Canada, select "United States" in the Destination country box. This search engine and database is provided and managed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). You may wish to double-check foreign entry requirements by contacting your local embassy or consulate.
There IS no IATA Timatic link available and this text that refers to the IATA search engine doesn't actually provide the link to that search engine at the moment.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by tkey75
I clicked 'Later' in the new password box as soon as it popped up. I was able to log in with my pin only. I even tested by logging out and re-logging in with my pin. No pop-up asking me to create a password on re-login.

Tragically, it doesn't show a single trip I have booked no matter what *We're sorry. We can't show your upcoming trips right now. Please try again later. *. This is a real problem and needs to be fixed immediately.
I did the same but I'm able to see all my trips. Perhaps it's fixed, or may be system-dependent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.