Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:54 am

Delta: there are way too many messages, advertisements and bars dropping over the photo on the homepage. Put all messages below the photo and the scrolling advertisements below as well. Also, don't automatically have the bar drop down from the menus. It looks much too cluttered as is.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by stephem
My guess, GPU accelerated html5 functionality that slows the site on these devices...
Rule 1 in good software development and testing. Test on slow systems (and connections) for performance! If the performance is acceptable on a slow system, then it is good on an average system. I am working Windows client for a new protocol for remote access to Mac computers (terminal server), I tested on an old Celeron system and from a hotel in Beijing with a ping time over 300ms. Of course, I was testing that with 1080p video. This extreme testing provides a way to see performance bottlenecks.

Delta needs to test the new site on 3g connections (or 4g as they call it on Iphone 4) on phones, Ipad 1, and the el cheapo android tablets.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
WOAH! This is sorta cool. Is the award calendar fixed?? Or is this delta.dumb 2.0

It would be the 3.0 version.

Don't forget the major site revision a few years ago, which would have been delta.dumb 2.0.

That, too, was rolled out buggy as hell for us to beta test.

We are seeing too many of the same complaints this time. Major malfunctions, lost capabilities, functionality that takes more clicks to access, emphasis on form over function.

Lessons should have been learned last time... but apparently were not.

Are we doomed to showy lipstick changes every other year to distract us from the fact that major functionality issues... such as the award calendar, which DL management has admitted is dysfunctional and has promised to fix... never get addressed?

My ISP just introduced a major upgrade in speed, and I installed a new router last night in order to keep up with the new speed. Yet, some of these new pages, with their excessive graphics, are taking inordinate periods of time to load in Firefox.

Major fail.

An impassioned plea to DL management... please don't ever place whoever is responsible for your IT department in a position of responsibility related to jet engine maintenance.

(BTW... a check of the award calendar still shows FUBAR. For example, a RT to SFO that actually showed green out and back, and priced at 25K miles, but produced the message that the itinerary was not available when I went to ticket it.)
Old Nov 10, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Choice Hotels Plat, Avis First, AMEX MR Plat
Curious to see if this launch will coincide with new iOS app (maybe w/ iPad specific version???) and passbook integration. I'd love to get to try out this feature on iOS 6 sometime soon...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Incorrect MQM display

Does anyone else notice that their MQMs are not displayed correctly? My total MQMs are correct, but on my flight details there are no bonus MQMs for class of service fares (M, B, Y, A, etc)...the RDMs are correct but not MQMs....anyone?
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
(BTW... a check of the award calendar still shows FUBAR. For example, a RT to SFO that actually showed green out and back, and priced at 25K miles, but produced the message that the itinerary was not available when I went to ticket it.)
Well at least one part of the experience will feel familiar...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
All this work to overhaul the website and online experience. I bet they fixed the award calendar while they were at it too!

Glad to see all the time and resources going to change something that worked just fine and was one of my favorite sites of the airlines. And then do nothing to change the glaring problem in their award calendar, when it's one of the biggest complaints of Delta.

Last edited by roknroll; Nov 10, 2012 at 11:38 am
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Choice Hotels Plat, Avis First, AMEX MR Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
Does anyone else notice that their MQMs are not displayed correctly? My total MQMs are correct, but on my flight details there are no bonus MQMs for class of service fares (M, B, Y, A, etc)...the RDMs are correct but not MQMs....anyone?
I have the same issue and my e-certs are missing.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Some of this functionality is ludicrous.

If you click on "My Delta" on the menu bar on the bottom of the page, another, small window appears and you have to click on second "My Delta" link there to actually get to "My Delta."

And, what is on this roadblock to successfully reaching "My Delta"? Conspicuously, links to DL travel partners (hotels, rental car) and all of the extraneous add-on "services" that DL is hawking.

Is getting to where you want to be on the DL website going to be like watching a video on the internet? You have to watch the commercial before you can access what you need?

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson

I also sense a Ham Sandwich injection on the new site. How soon til a Lincoln commercial pops up before we can online check in?
Mr. Hudson... you may, indeed, be prescient.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
like the new site, very crisp, better functionality (at least for me), way too cluttered though.

biggest issue for me so far: WHERE IS MY PRE-CHECK NUMBER?!!!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:25 am
Suspended

New DL Web Page

Originally Posted by javabytes
Looks like DL.com has been completely overhauled. Completely new home page, itinerary view, etc... most of the other static content has also been replaced, and old bookmarks don't seem to work anymore. At first glance, seems to be the same booking engine on both the revenue and SM side. Still trying to decide if I like it.

However...

I was also compelled to create a real password at first login. ^

And it also told me the exact reason why I couldn't check in online. ^
Seems OK to me, or will be until I am more familiar with it. The problem now is that it is sooooooo slowwwwwww.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLAT, Hilton Gold, AMEX Plat
And what's this?
If you take a look at the fleet page, DL seems to have finally admitted to itself that it actually has 7 757 configs and 4 767-300ER configs!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:30 am

Programs: Skyteam
Small fonts are fuzzy.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Looks horrid on my iPad. Has a status bar in the middle of the page that blocks you from buttons, etc.
I'm on my Ipad and it looks great. Takes a while to figure things out, but gives you a lot of information,
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
GoGo was GoSlow

Tried to use the new DL.com with GoGo on my first two flights this morning. It took about 15 seconds to load each Widget/png. Each new screen required 5-6 minutes to refresh, and then only 50% of the images showed up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.