Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta.com overhaul

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Not speaking to anyone in particular, but this guy's schtick may be of use on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s27Oq5ot0ZI
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:39 pm
21A

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by akonradi
For those of you who credit DL flights to other FFPs (AS, AF, etc), take note of a new addition: You can now create an account on delta.com that is unrelated to SkyMiles. So you can login to view all upcoming PNRs, even when they are tagged with non-DL FF numbers. A welcome change, for sure.
How does this work? I can't seem to find any option to save additional itineraries to My Delta; it seems like they still just get pulled up by Sky Miles number...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Schmoops
when you view a specific trip - it's in the upper right hand corner (circled in yellow below) - hope that helps!

Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Ah - a lot of cheese got moved today.....
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Overall it's above average and, on the Mac, crisp and clear. However, some constructive criticism:

1. Takes way too much vertical space. The earned mileage log, for example, now has to be scrolled a lot. The new filters are ok but still. Same for the flight booking choice blocks.
Probably intentional. Looks like DL has adopted the same look and feel that a lot of other sites have adopted with large targets for buttons and menu items. This is done usually to support tablet and touchscreen usage, because you need a bigger target to touch something with your finger than to click it with a mouse.

This indicates that DL is betting that more and more DL.com traffic will come from tablets rather than computers. And so they're re-optimizing for this eventuality.

But all of those bigger targets take up a lot more room, hence the vertical scrolling. There again, scrolling is much easier and natural on a tablet than with a computer.

4. My Trips now shows the logical end of the day's travel. On, for example, a ATL-JFK-CDG itinerary, it used to show it as ATL-JFK and now it does show the more accurate and useful ATL-CDG.
That's a major improvement. The old way used to drive me crazy.

Another big ^^^^: Showing my MQM count on the home page rather than having to drill down to the SkyMiles statement page. I am *much* more interested in my MQM count than my RDM balance. I'm probably not alone.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PM
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Where/how can I check if I'm still good to go for TSA PreCheck?
I checked my TSA info by...

logging in on the main page > hovering over My Delta > Clicking "Go to My Profile"

Then you'll see the Basic Info section on the left (just below the Re qualification bar) ... next to it Click OPEN. You'll find the Secure Passenger Data within that first section.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM/Amex Reserve 2 Million Miler
Delta's dilemma.....and what the IT design team was asked to do....

1. create a website with mindless clutter for the kettle's with every chance possible to upsell ...look honey let's get a Hertz car 40 % off...oh look we can get a free ticket with Amex Gold...oh my god...lets go on a Delta Vacation...oh maybe we can pay a little extra for you honey for economy comfort since your a 300 pound kettle.....catch my drift...the same idea as supersize it at Mcdonalds for an upsell....a shopping cart like Amazon...

verses...

2. create a functional website for elite medallion travelers with useful in depth intelligent information with information on Hertz Gold or Hilton Honors and A and P first class fares....an advanced seach engine for complicated and higher end itineraries...

So it's farily obvious which website we have....

To be constructive...there probably should be 2 web interfaces depending on whether you ocassionally fly or are an advanced elite traveler and you would be given the choice on the main page or once you logged in with elite status...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by robnsfla
Delta's dilemma.....and what the IT design team was asked to do....

1. create a website with mindless clutter for the kettle's with every chance possible to upsell ...look honey let's get a Hertz car 40 % off...oh look we can get a free ticket with Amex Gold...oh my god...lets go on a Delta Vacation...oh maybe we can pay a little extra for you honey for economy comfort since your a 300 pound kettle.....catch my drift...the same idea as supersize it at Mcdonalds for an upsell....a shopping cart like Amazon...

verses...

2. create a functional website for elite medallion travelers with useful in depth intelligent information with information on Hertz Gold or Hilton Honors and A and P first class fares....an advanced seach engine for complicated and higher end itineraries...

So it's farily obvious which website we have....

To be constructive...there probably should be 2 web interfaces depending on whether you ocassionally fly or are an advanced elite traveler and you would be given the choice on the main page or once you logged in with elite status...
Very well stated. It see a lot more stuff that does not have to do with me buying a ticket or managing my current or future tickets. Ham Sandwich...
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by robnsfla
I don't disagree that the site is geared more towards leisure travelers (and how that can be more annoying), however:

Do you expect the grocery store to rearrange their aisles based on your needs to make maneuvering around the store easier for you and the other stop&shop frequent shoppers? Frequent Shopper A has a very different shopping list than Frequent Shopper B...

Or do you expect them to build a separate store next door so you're no inconvenienced by the variety of offerings and partner advertisements (ie: Shell)? Who should bear the cost burden of that?

Why not insert a 3rd party buffer? A travel agent, a booking website, hire an assistant? It's not necessarily Delta's problem if you don't like the aesthetics or marketing/brand campaigns used on their site...

But hey, those are just just my thoughts.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
No option to log on via Chrome / Windows 8. Oddly enough Safari / Windows 8 has proven to provide the better user experience. Thought about the mobile version via browser but find no option to log on. Internet Explorer provides no option to change seats but an error message as such. Mobile version via Android phone and Safari via Windows 8 does provide an option to change seats. Certainly and endless wild goose chase into the rabbit hole... Sad obvious issues such as non functional search engines are not addressed prior to the implementation of a new web site.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by Schmoops
I don't disagree that the site is geared more towards leisure travelers (and how that can be more annoying), however:

Do you expect the grocery store to rearrange their aisles based on your needs to make maneuvering around the store easier for you and the other stop&shop frequent shoppers? Frequent Shopper A has a very different shopping list than Frequent Shopper B...

Or do you expect them to build a separate store next door so you're no inconvenienced by the variety of offerings and partner advertisements (ie: Shell)? Who should bear the cost burden of that?

Why not insert a 3rd party buffer? A travel agent, a booking website, hire an assistant? It's not necessarily Delta's problem if you don't like the aesthetics or marketing/brand campaigns used on their site...

But hey, those are just just my thoughts.
Nothing unusual about alternate interfaces for alternate customers. HP, Dell, IBM all provide alternate interfaces for business customers and consumer customers, as an example. A "power user" interface is common for operating systems and applications. The concept is not new...

But hey, those are just your thoughts; or lack of.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by 21A
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; Galaxy Nexus Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

How does this work? I can't seem to find any option to save additional itineraries to My Delta; it seems like they still just get pulled up by Sky Miles number...
I have the same issue when I'm logged into my SkyMiles account. Since I no longer use that, I signed up for a basic delta.com account (and didn't enroll in SkyMiles). Every itinerary that I entered there saved to My Trips. It even allowed for me to save my AS and AF numbers to my profile for easy reference during booking.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Nothing unusual about alternate interfaces for alternate customers. HP, Dell, IBM all provide alternate interfaces for business customers and consumer customers, as an example. A "power user" interface is common for operating systems and applications. The concept is not new...

But hey, those are just your thoughts; or lack of.
Then you should be willing to pay for it...why would you expect delta to provide this for free?

In this case, I assume travel agencies are classified as power users, and thus would expect a different interface, whether that be a website, or direct access to internal systems etc.

I'd also suggest you refrain from suggesting my thoughts (or anyone else's for that matter) are baseless. Just because you don't agree with them, doesn't mean they have no value. Plus it makes you seem like a bit of a jerk, and I'd like to think that's not really the case.

To each their own, right? Cheers!
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:41 pm

December isn't listed as a month option anymore...

Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:43 pm

All of these improvements pale in comparison to the importance of fixing the damn award search tool.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.