Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Oh please. to pictures.

Do we really need creepers posting voyeuristic shots and/or vids on FT of total strangers with their feet up or doing yoga in the gate area, etc.?
Voyeuristic no, but pictures to shame pax for being obnoxious selfish inconsiderate jerks yes.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL PM
the lady with her feet on your seatback

That was no lady....
Old May 2, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
White trash, no other way to describe it
Old May 2, 2012, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Voyeuristic no, but pictures to shame pax for being obnoxious selfish inconsiderate jerks yes.
+1
Old May 2, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Yuck! ANd rude. I AM not yet a Delta flyer YET but a Plat from CO..I mean, UA... BUT, is it THAT much worse than having someone recline all the way back?

On UA flights, the seats on the 737-800/900s recline so far back that I literally had a head in my lap 2 weeks ago, and it wasn't what you're thinking! This man had the seat I'd given up (b/c I prefer having space to stow things) and he lowered his seat so low that it slammed my laptop shut. And his bald head was gleaming from the VERY bright window where he'd left the shade open so he could SLEEP. No matter that the drop down movie screen was in HIS row or that they'd asked pax near the windows to lower their shades for the movie.

He was even told that there was an off-duty FA willing to leave her seat in 1st so he could sit by himself, as there were so many people complaining about not seeing the screen. But Mr. "I don't CARE" was rude to an entire cabin. And when asked to raise his seat a bit after he smashed into my laptop for the 2nd time after returning from the bathroom, he said no. No excuses, no apologies, just no.

I wouldn't have minded so much if he hadn't been snoring and/or scratching his head the whole time. It was disgusting. There has to be a line somewhere that we don't cross, and shoes on a seat or purposefully ruining a flight for people crosses that line. My seatmate happened to be disabled with those arm crutches, and his aisle seat was useless as the man in front of HIM did the same as the man in front of ME. I don't know if Delta has the same problem, but I do know that if UA doesn't fix their seats soon, they're going to end up with a lawsuit on their hands. All it will take is one very tall person and that seatback will slam into someone's knees!
Old May 2, 2012, 7:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by thaliajen
Yuck! ANd rude. I AM not yet a Delta flyer YET but a Plat from CO..I mean, UA... BUT, is it THAT much worse than having someone recline all the way back?

On UA flights, the seats on the 737-800/900s recline so far back that I literally had a head in my lap 2 weeks ago, and it wasn't what you're thinking! This man had the seat I'd given up (b/c I prefer having space to stow things) and he lowered his seat so low that it slammed my laptop shut. And his bald head was gleaming from the VERY bright window where he'd left the shade open so he could SLEEP. No matter that the drop down movie screen was in HIS row or that they'd asked pax near the windows to lower their shades for the movie.

He was even told that there was an off-duty FA willing to leave her seat in 1st so he could sit by himself, as there were so many people complaining about not seeing the screen. But Mr. "I don't CARE" was rude to an entire cabin. And when asked to raise his seat a bit after he smashed into my laptop for the 2nd time after returning from the bathroom, he said no. No excuses, no apologies, just no.

I wouldn't have minded so much if he hadn't been snoring and/or scratching his head the whole time. It was disgusting. There has to be a line somewhere that we don't cross, and shoes on a seat or purposefully ruining a flight for people crosses that line. My seatmate happened to be disabled with those arm crutches, and his aisle seat was useless as the man in front of HIM did the same as the man in front of ME. I don't know if Delta has the same problem, but I do know that if UA doesn't fix their seats soon, they're going to end up with a lawsuit on their hands. All it will take is one very tall person and that seatback will slam into someone's knees!
Is the pitch that drastic on UA's planes? I once had a bad experience on a CO 757 with reclining seats.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ht-saying.html
Old May 2, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Is the pitch that drastic on UA's planes? I once had a bad experience on a CO 757 with reclining seats.

Wow I only read the first couple of posts, but I've had "that guy" in front of me reclining before takeoff, and I'm that girl who's not a fan...only in one case I was clearly the winner.

Long story short, in the late 1990s, before GIDS when out of LAX you would still get pulled up for an upgrade on board by a Red Coat...I got my revenge on "that guy" whose seat had been reclined since he boarded. He was in his tank top, on his way to the Bahamas, carrying on about how much of a big shot he was flying to the Bahamas (while in coach). When I was bumped up by the Red Coat he said, "what did she do, you taking her off?" I had the pleasure of saying, as the Red Coat retrieved my carry on from the overhead, "no, sir, I'm headed up front for a glass of champagne, feel free to recline your seat now."
Old May 2, 2012, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Go back and read the previous post then ask yourself, "If I was the person asleep in the aisle seat behind Ms Legs-up, would I appreciate some j@cka$$ doing flash photography right in my face". I'm pretty sure you would find this totally inappropriate. You probably wouldn't care to have your likeness posted on the internets, either.
Yes, the MikeMpls look-alike should have the face blurred if put on the internets but other than that I'm willing to sacrifice a little flash to teach the foot-putter-upper a lesson.

No wonder Diamond's have such a bad DYKWIA reputation. Shame on you for your behavior, even if you were in the right.

seriously? shame on me? I'm minding my own business, and the jackass behind me is endlessly kneeing my seat, even after I asked him to stop? Sorry, but it wasn't my behavior that was in the wrong.
Yup, seriously. The words entitled and anger management come to mind reading your own words:

nypdLieu: I finally turn around and call the couple sitting behind me an a$$hole. Not to loud, but loud enough for the lead flight attendant to hear me as he walked by. At this point he stops and engages me and without him even asking what the problem was, he threatened to have me removed from the plane.

Everytime I tried to explain to him what the problem was, he just said, Sir, I will have you removed from the plane.

At this point I am very aggravated now, my voice raising, trying to remain calm, I ask for the flight attendants name. he gave me his first name and said thats all I am getting.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:13 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
This same thing happened to me last Saturday while flying Delta from DCA to MSP. I felt someone kicking the back of my seat. I gave it ten minutes. I assumed it was a child and the parents would get it under control. When it continued I turned to look and a young woman had her feet on my seatback right near my ears.
I asked her to take her feet down. I guess she did. I didn't experience any more jostling.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
No wonder Diamond's have such a bad DYKWIA reputation. Shame on you for your behavior, even if you were in the right.
seriously? shame on me? I'm minding my own business, and the jackass behind me is endlessly kneeing my seat, even after I asked him to stop? Sorry, but it wasn't my behavior that was in the wrong.
Old May 3, 2012, 3:42 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
After some more back and forth and nastiness, I finally turn around and call the couple sitting behind me an a$$hole.
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Yup, seriously. The words entitled and anger management come to mind reading your own words:
Nah, that sort of comportment is known as New York Nice. It's a little more bare-knuckled than the Minnesota version.
Old May 27, 2012, 2:38 am
Suspended

WARNING***GRAPHIC IMAGE**Barefeet resting on a table in DL's FRA lounge!!

This is bad. And I thought the lady with her feet up on the headrest of the person sitting in front of her was bad. Get a load of this jerk.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jun 21, 2012 at 12:13 am Reason: Restored original title.
Old May 27, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
"NSFW"
Old May 27, 2012, 2:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
"NSFW"

nsfw??
Old May 27, 2012, 2:53 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
Not safe for work indeed. Is this common behavior?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.