Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
I thought I remember a blog on a frequent traveller's seatmate and pictures were posted. There should be another for such people. The only way that they will learn is if they are publicly embarassed.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:35 pm

I was awoken in LH C due to feet massaging my head.

Fortunately it was LH and the purser response was appropriate to the situation.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
A putrid pair of tootsies once made their way into the gap between our seats at the beginning of an eight-hour flight.. A sharp rap with a hefty paperback, owner of feet screamed shrilly, and the feet were not seen by us again. On another occasion when the same happened, a handy ice-cube did the trick, a little more slowly but probably more disconcerting for the miscreant.

Not as disgusting as the even pictured here, I must say.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by doctor15
Wow, that is pretty bad. On a similar level, I once had someone sitting behind me put their barefeet on my armrest. Their feet actually touched my elbow!
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
A putrid pair of tootsies once made their way into the gap between our seats at the beginning of an eight-hour flight.. A sharp rap with a hefty paperback, owner of feet screamed shrilly, and the feet were not seen by us again. On another occasion when the same happened, a handy ice-cube did the trick, a little more slowly but probably more disconcerting for the miscreant.
Unfortunately we have experienced the same, on a TATL flight. It started with a gal kicking our seats and progressed to feet through the armrest, all before takeoff. As it got worse on taxi out, MrWeezer alerted the FA through a series of hand signals & head gestures to indicate...she's messed up, but not messed up enough to warrant turning the plane back to the gate. Luckily it was a light flight & we moved to other seats. Turns out, as an inquisitive FA discovered later, the gal was on her way back to the US to go to rehab & apparently had gone on quite a drug bender prior to the flight. The FAs were fabulous keeping her calm and keeping her away from alcohol that could make matters worse. This is where Southern FAs come in handy...when she asked for some wine the FA said, "well, sweetie, let's get some food in your tummy and see how you feel." Gal passed out not long after.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Denal1
With those shoes, she will be easy to pick out.. Will be looking on my upcoming flights!!!
+1, good point. I'll be on the lookout too.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
Clearly, you've never met the typical Los Angeles resident. :P
sure I have, I married one. She doesn't own a single pair of green sneaks, aqua blue socks, nor does she put her feet up on the headrest! Definitely a NYer.

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Unfortunately we have experienced the same, on a TATL flight. It started with a gal kicking our seats and progressed to feet through the armrest, all before takeoff. As it got worse on taxi out, MrWeezer alerted the FA through a series of hand signals & head gestures to indicate...she's messed up, but not messed up enough to warrant turning the plane back to the gate. Luckily it was a light flight & we moved to other seats. Turns out, as an inquisitive FA discovered later, the gal was on her way back to the US to go to rehab & apparently had gone on quite a drug bender prior to the flight. The FAs were fabulous keeping her calm and keeping her away from alcohol that could make matters worse. This is where Southern FAs come in handy...when she asked for some wine the FA said, "well, sweetie, let's get some food in your tummy and see how you feel." Gal passed out not long after.
Pictures people! Before acting in an aggressive manner to rid your space of the offensive feet, please snap a picture to post on here. maybe the mods will allow a sticky!

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:11 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Pictures people! Before acting in an aggressive manner to rid your space of the offensive feet, please snap a picture to post on here. maybe the mods will allow a sticky!
My events happened to me before I was an FTer - next time there will be pics.

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
This is where Southern FAs come in handy...when she asked for some wine the FA said, "well, sweetie, let's get some food in your tummy and see how you feel." Gal passed out not long after.
Wow, can't think of a better way to handle it, that should be the model for FAs all over the world in such situations. She didn't even realise that she'd been refused.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:12 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
You quoted my post but we were all but aggressive in dealing w the pax on her way to rehab. MrWeezer has encountered enough messed up pax in his day, his instinct was spot on...she'll pass out eventually, not worth escalating and having the flight cancelled (turning back to the gate, investigating, removing her, removing her bags, yadda, yadda, yadda the crew times out). In fact, my initial response was to confront her...one look & he said, she's so messed up, this won't last long, let's just be sure the crew is aware of her & acts accordingly. As usual, he was right, she passed out.

But to your point, next time I'll try to snap a photo. In this case, a recording would have been classic...she seemed to call everybody in her contact list, alternating griping in English & German, prior to departure.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
N Q O C D
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
N Q O C D
I think of it as N O K D, ('kind' accounts for classless folks w/in one's class) though these days I prefer the 'DGOMCs'...don't get out much crowd, which is all encompassing.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I hear what you are saying but still prefer "Not Quite Our Class Dear"
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
First and foremost - very poor manners and class.

On the other - I am oddly impressed with the flexibility that would require.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Luck I wasn't in the seat in front of her. I would have gotten arrested on landing at JFK.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, FB Silver, BA Silver, AMB PC Plat Amb, CX Gold, Hertz 5*,HH Gold,AClub Plat
Had this on a TATL DL JFK-PRG last year:

took me 3 times rocking the seat before she got the clue.............
Old Apr 27, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by bobsmo
Had this on a TATL DL JFK-PRG last year
Eww. I bet you were missing EK that day.

I've had the reverse happen on a Saab. Some guy slams his seat backward and wraps his hands around the back of the headrest, locking his fingers together. Because of the confined space and my own physical dimensions, that put his smelly dirty fingers about 6 inches from my face.

I flicked them away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.