Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I didn't get a photo either, but we got into it with a mother and her two kids flying back from HNL to LAX on a 757 with lie flat seats. I never get into heated arguments with other passengers, so this was a first.

We were in 3C and D. The mother was in 4B and her two 9? year olds were behind us in 4C and D. The seats are great. Lots of space so how on earth those two girls were able to stand on their hands (I'm guessing on the seats) and kick me with their bare feet in the head is beyond me.

The mother could see what was happening and did nothing until my partner stood up and told the girls to sit down. Before the kick to the head, they had both been kicking the backs of our seats for close to two hours. Which I don't get either, because they were both under 5 feet. I think they were bouncing around like it was a playroom or something. I was just praying for massive turbulence so they might slam into the ceiling or something.

So the mother gets into it and blames everything on Delta. I suggested she sit with one and keep them separated. No go. Then I suggested they sit down with their seat belts on. Nope. The mother wasn't having any of it. She kept rambling about how it was Delta's fault.

So I told her if they were incapable of behaving, maybe they should sit in coach. That got her going. She said "I paid for these seats!". I said "So did I and it isn't the flight attendants job to baby sit your damn kids so why is it Delta's fault!?"

The two attendants apologized to us and made extra rounds to check on the kids. They were pretty good for about 45 minutes and then started in again and meanwhile that waste of carbon mother did nothing.

OK. I'm finished. I love those seats and the big entertainment screens.
Why didn't you two switch with the kids, and let them kick their mother's seat?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
For that to work they would have had to switch with the mother.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by matthew64832
For that to work they would have had to switch with the mother.
Somehow I misread that, and thought the mother was in 2.

Switching with them would have hurt some other innocent passengers, then (unless they also switched until the kids ended up at the bulkhead).
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I got off a flight in ATL to find this in the gate area. I don't know whether it was left from earlier or if the ladies and/or gentlemen sitting there had been in such a hurry to get in the gate lice scrum when my flight arrived that they couldn't bother to clean up after themselves.
Sorry, but there's not always trash cans nearby. Also it's not uncommon for places to pickup customers trash from tables. Not everywhere expects you to toss your own trash away, especially when it comes to eating. I always see employees going around specifically picking up trash from tables. In this case it's not like there was such a mess that it took extra work to clean up. There's no liquids spilled/condiments spread all over the place, etc. It's no more then I'd expect on a table at a fast food restaurant.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Sorry, but there's not always trash cans nearby. Also it's not uncommon for places to pickup customers trash from tables. Not everywhere expects you to toss your own trash away, especially when it comes to eating. I always see employees going around specifically picking up trash from tables. In this case it's not like there was such a mess that it took extra work to clean up. There's no liquids spilled/condiments spread all over the place, etc. It's no more then I'd expect on a table at a fast food restaurant.
The picture is from the gate area! It's not a restaurant. There is no question, you are expected to clean up your trash from the gate area. And yes, there are always trash cans nearby the gates.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:44 am
HMO

Originally Posted by TObject
The one-night stand she had in 2005 claimed he was a pilot for Delta.
The mother was in 4B and her two 9? year olds were behind us in 4C and D.
Probably 2007
Old Jan 21, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Are you the one who also leaves their coffee cups and drinking glasses in the restroom at the SC? I have been trying to figure out what kind of person would do such for years.....
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by matthew64832
The picture is from the gate area! It's not a restaurant. There is no question, you are expected to clean up your trash from the gate area. And yes, there are always trash cans nearby the gates.
Yes, this was a gate at ATL where customers are expected to throw their own trash away. I would say that it does create extra work for employees because they aren't normally coming around cleaning up trash off tables. I think they generally vacuum at night and of course take out the trash (where the customers should have put these items to begin with). I would also expect customers to throw trash away but not necessarily wipe up after themselves at fast food restaurants. Some "fast casual" places (e.g., Chipotle) might have employees that come around and take empty plates occasionally, but that is not the expectation and just because they took your dining partner's plate when he was finished doesn't mean you can just leave yours when you're done.

Edit: I should add that the employees at the SC do clean up after you although if I see their bussing tray nearby I normally set my items on there as I leave.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I do clean up after myself, but agree that the garbage cans are often hidden behind posts and require actively seeking out. And forget trying to find a recycling bin in most airports
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
This is unbelievable. Do people really think like this? Also, fast food restaurants have bins and you ARE expected to use them, not just leave your trash at a table.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
OMG but the trash cans are like sooo faaaaar awaaaayyyy

Probably the same people who leave their shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I got off a flight in ATL to find this in the gate area. I don't know whether it was left from earlier or if the ladies and/or gentlemen sitting there had been in such a hurry to get in the gate lice scrum when my flight arrived that they couldn't bother to clean up after themselves.
I can understand someone wanting to leave the golf digest magazine there and other reading materials if they thought someone else might use it. Although yes the people who brought that there should clean it up, it's not THAT big of a deal IMO. Cleaners should pick it up, and they work either for the airport or for a company the airport contracts with (not the airline that the gate belongs to)
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:04 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
So I told her if they were incapable of behaving, maybe they should sit in coach. That got her going.

lol wut

this is a pretty incredibly elitist attitude. I don't give a .... who you are or how much you paid for the seats. The people in the back are people too. They're not a dumping ground for stuff you don't want to deal with.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by N639DL
Although yes the people who brought that there should clean it up, it's not THAT big of a deal IMO. Cleaners should pick it up, and they work either for the airport or for a company the airport contracts with (not the airline that the gate belongs to)
Of course the airport's cleaning crew will pick up the fast food wrappers and opened cup of dipping sauce (!) once they work their way to that particular gate. That's not the point.

But other passengers shouldn't have to deal with the mess in the meantime. Common courtesy dictates disposing of one's trash properly, and there are ample receptacles in which to do so at ATL. End of story.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by sethb

The 757 had 4 rows (the two kids and the mother were in the 4th (last row) and if we had switched, then the couple in front of us would have had to tolerate their actions.

I still don't get the "It's Deltas fault" line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.