Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tvnwz
I have presented my electronic BP with both my first/last name and first/middle Initial/Last and either has always worked for Pre-Check.
Since July 7?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Yes. Latest without middle initial this past Monday out of TPA. With middle initial, two weeks earlier out of LAS.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
There's another thread already going about this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...tem-issue.html
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by DCBob
As of yesterday, I am still 100% - 6/6 being chosen for TSA Pre✓™ - 4 x DCA, 1 x MSP, and 1 x ATL. Waited a long 12 minutes in the TSA Pre✓™/DL & UA Elite line at DCA starting at 6:30 am to finally get my BP scanned and then less than 1 minute through the nearly empty TSA Pre✓™ lane.

I watched the BPs being scanned in my line and would estimate that only 1/10 were selected. But for those on FT who are 0/4 or 5/16 - I can't help think something is wrong in their profile. I talked to the guy in front of me and he thought TSA Pre✓™ was guaranteed each time and was shocked when I told him it wasn't - apparently because he has a 100% selection record like me and travels twice a week.
Update: 8/8 being chosen for TSA Pre✓™ on Delta. 4 x DCA, 2 x MSP, 1 x LAS, and 1 x ATL. 1/2 being chosen for TSA Pre✓™ on United - 1 x DCA. The only itinerary that I missed being selected for involved an international connection from DCA via ORD to YVR, and I am sure that is why I was not chosen in that one instance.

There are now separate lines at DCA for TSA Pre✓™ and DL/UA/AS Elite members. All you need to say to get in the TSA Pre✓™ line is to tell the monitor at the beginning of the line is that you are enrolled in TSA Pre✓™. Not a very good system, but the TSA Pre✓™ line is much shorter than the Elite line. Go figure.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
All you need to say to get in the TSA Pre✓™ line is to tell the monitor at the beginning of the line is that you are enrolled in TSA Pre✓™. Not a very good system, but the TSA Pre✓™ line is much shorter than the Elite line. Go figure.
Hopefully the kettles and others who don't have precheck and who can't use the skypriority security lane don't find out about this I can just see them telling the dragon they are enrolled in pre check when they aren't.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Hopefully the kettles and others who don't have precheck and who can't use the skypriority security lane don't find out about this I can just see them telling the dragon they are enrolled in pre check when they aren't.
I doubt the Kettles will ever figure this one out. It's amazing to me at the number of elites who don't line up in the much shorter TSA Pre✓™ and yet some of them still get the 3 beeps at the head of their longer line. Amazingly, many of them act confused when told to join the empty TSA Pre✓™ lane.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:04 am

There are now separate lines at DCA for TSA Pre✓™ and DL/UA/AS Elite members.
Yup... Finally... Was great on Wednesday when I flew out of DCA. Security took all of 30 seconds. Meanwhile, the Elite line was very long.

And, changing my profile did, indeed, make the difference.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I have never failed to be eligible in the TSA-Pre line in LGA, ATL, LAS.

I love TSA-Pre and want to marry it.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
How do I get TSA pre working again? I already checked all the secure flight data, my contact info and everything else. Still not working. Does anyone have any advice?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy

I love TSA-Pre and want to marry it.
Given the strong feelings you have, you )and others= might want to take the TSA Effectiveness poll as there is a section on PreCheck there.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:10 am

What do I need to do to take part in the TSA pre-check system?

I've read the various threads on the TSA pre-check system, but it's still not clear to me what I have to do to take part.

I've filled out the security info in my dl.com profile? Is there anything else I need to do?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:00 am

You're pre-screened each time you fly domestically from an airport with an expedited screening lane. Which means you won't be able to use it regularly. At this point, there's nothing you can do but wait, as you'll find out when passing the first checkpoint whether you qualify or not.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mikepa
I've read the various threads on the TSA pre-check system, but it's still not clear to me what I have to do to take part.

I've filled out the security info in my dl.com profile? Is there anything else I need to do?
Info here: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/participation.shtm

You must be a FF elite (I think reports here on FT indicate GM+ are eligible), or participate in a trusted traveler program like Global Entry or NEXUS.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I'm Silver Medallion and 12/12 on precheck this year. I was happy to find last week that it's the magic word at MSP to get past the Sky Priority guard to get to the Precheck entrance to security.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by daregale
I'm Silver Medallion and 12/12 on precheck this year.
So do you have GE/Nexus or are they including FOs in the DL elite qualification for pre-check now?

I know I never once got the triple beep as FO/GM last year, which is why I finally paid for GE. Of course, it would be a major breech of national security if Delta published which medallion tiers qualify.

ETA: Just saw that you were GM last year and dropped to FO. This supports my personal theory that GM+ is included, but that DL doesn't have a process for sweeping out former elites or adding new elites as they reach GM.

Last edited by dcline414; Aug 29, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.