Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I got a Porsche ride back in mid-May - Friday.
Booked 3 award tickets to HKG via SEA with a 4 hr layover in SEA. We land into SEA and saw my name.

Awesome agent drove us around in the Panamera Turbo on the tarmac in SEA and let us take pictures of our A330 and the Porsche. Then she dropped us off to the SkyClub as requested. Great experience!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
I had a very tight connection today in ATL, and I tweeted a DM to @Delta asking if there was a chance I could be surprised and delighted, to which they replied "no promises but we'll let the team know." As it turned out, we had to sit on the tarmac for about 20 minutes to wait for an open gate. My phone rang at about T-15, it was the gate agent asking how close I was to T5! I told him "we're still waiting on a gate, so unless there's a porsche waiting for me, I'm not going to make it."

He said "look, I see you're already protected on the next flight, just call me back when you walk off the plane and I'll let you know, we might be a little delayed." I called him as I was walking off and he confirmed the door was closing on my flight but he went ahead and checked me in for the next one. I ended up having to walk to the plane train, no porsche for me today.

Anyway, I have not heard any similar stories of a gate agent calling a pax like this, I found it very surprising and quite impressive.

Awesome that you got a call from the GA!! I was simply happy two years ago when my flight arrived late, I told the gate agent greeting my plane, and he called ahead to hold the last flight of the night from leaving without me (at JFK no less), but this is way above and beyond. Its the little things like this that keep me flying DL.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, National, Marriott
Hmm.. Never had this offered to me ever even when I only have 15-20 min connection. I have been a Diamond for as long as it is offered and Platinum for a decade at least before Diamond introduction. Not to mention, I have over 250k MQMs which means i will be a Diamond for the next 2 yrs without flying!
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:54 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by cyberdentist
Hmm.. Never had this offered to me ever even when I only have 15-20 min connection. I have been a Diamond for as long as it is offered and Platinum for a decade at least before Diamond introduction. Not to mention, I have over 250k MQMs which means i will be a Diamond for the next 2 yrs without flying!
I guess TDKWYA
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:11 pm

The reps who do the Porche transfers have a priority list. At the top are VIP Select clients who pay for the service, followed by Company executives and those with a Company VIP designation, followed by Delta 360 then Diamonds. They keep an eye out, based on availability, for who might misconnect and then offer the service. However, oftentimes weather or other issues might lead to a number of misconnects thus lessening your chance of being offered the service. Also, obviously, if a number of VIP Select paying guests or Delta executives need the service at a given time.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
After many years as a DM, got my first Porsche ride recently at DTW. It was fun and she dropped me off at the lounge near my gate because I had extra time. I have to say that it was strange to walk out onto the tarmac, which is a super no-no normally in this day and age. I fly a lot but mostly pay economy so there you go.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by cyberdentist
I did some back of the envelope math a while ago on this thread, any individual traveler has something like a .000001% chance of getting a ride in a given year. Even if they only did DM's there would still only be probably something like a .0001% chance in a given year...I wouldn't take it personally.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
I have to say that it was strange to walk out onto the tarmac, which is a super no-no normally in this day and age.
Clearly you are avoiding AF then . I had two flights this weekend and both involved walking out onto the tarmac.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
So I thought I was going to get a Porsche ride this morning. Sitting at gate C13 at LGA (Bus to the plane gate) and the Porsche was sitting outside and the driver was at my gate. They were still boarding the previous flight and he wasn't moving. When it seemed all passengers were boarded a lady came up, he looked at her ticket and drove her off. There was still 30 mins until our boarding so I still had hope. He never returned and it was on the bus I go
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Delta FTW!

We were delayed due to traffic on the taxiway and arrived about 45 minutes late to SEA, reducing my layover to about 10 minutes. I sent Delta a DM on Twitter explaining that I'd have to hoof it from B to S at SeaTac and wasn't confident I'd make the connection with the delay. The awesome agent protected me on the next flight and wished me luck. When we pulled up to the gate, I saw a red Porsche from my window and when I walked through the door there were two Delta agents holding an iPad with my name on it. The driver said my DM on Twitter had reached leadership and they were holding the plane for me to make the connection. VERY impressive and hugely helpful!! Thank you, Delta!!
Attached Images  
Xeno and securesmaskfirst like this.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:57 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So this would be a cool twist on the Porsche pick up service!! If it can do an A380 in Paris.....
Attached Images  
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:29 pm

Panamera pickup at SEA, car has since moved to launch position with Cayenne next to it (as I wait for my Southwest flight )

Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
Just got a Porsche transfer in DTW. A ground stop in DTW caused my inbound from ORD stay on the tarmac for an extra hour, leaving a 15 minute connection between A57 to A78. Got on the flight soaking wet, but was the last pax boarded before doors closed.

Awesome service and saved me from an extended layover in DTW. Weather messed up everyone's schedules and the following flights were filling up fast. I would have probably received a bump if I stuck around though...
Old Aug 30, 2017, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tphamBU
Just got a Porsche transfer in DTW. A ground stop in DTW caused my inbound from ORD stay on the tarmac for an extra hour, leaving a 15 minute connection between A57 to A78. Got on the flight soaking wet, but was the last pax boarded before doors closed.

Awesome service and saved me from an extended layover in DTW. Weather messed up everyone's schedules and the following flights were filling up fast. I would have probably received a bump if I stuck around though...
Congrats on the ride. Must have been a slow day in DTW. A57 to A78 is EASILY doable in 5 minutes, 15 and you could have hit a restroom on the way.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by SFCav
We were delayed due to traffic on the taxiway and arrived about 45 minutes late to SEA, reducing my layover to about 10 minutes. I sent Delta a DM on Twitter explaining that I'd have to hoof it from B to S at SeaTac and wasn't confident I'd make the connection with the delay. The awesome agent protected me on the next flight and wished me luck. When we pulled up to the gate, I saw a red Porsche from my window and when I walked through the door there were two Delta agents holding an iPad with my name on it. The driver said my DM on Twitter had reached leadership and they were holding the plane for me to make the connection. VERY impressive and hugely helpful!! Thank you, Delta!!
I thought there was a time that DL gave us Twitter for free so we could contact them in flight but I suppose this is not now the case and perhaps my memory is flawed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.