Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Reply

Old Jul 25, 17, 9:35 am
  #1051  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Programs: DL DM; Hilton Gold; Hertz President circle
Posts: 111
Delta FTW!

We were delayed due to traffic on the taxiway and arrived about 45 minutes late to SEA, reducing my layover to about 10 minutes. I sent Delta a DM on Twitter explaining that I'd have to hoof it from B to S at SeaTac and wasn't confident I'd make the connection with the delay. The awesome agent protected me on the next flight and wished me luck. When we pulled up to the gate, I saw a red Porsche from my window and when I walked through the door there were two Delta agents holding an iPad with my name on it. The driver said my DM on Twitter had reached leadership and they were holding the plane for me to make the connection. VERY impressive and hugely helpful!! Thank you, Delta!!
Attached Images  
Xeno and securesmaskfirst like this.
SFCav is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 17, 12:57 am
  #1052  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,123
So this would be a cool twist on the Porsche pick up service!! If it can do an A380 in Paris.....
Attached Images  
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 17, 12:29 pm
  #1053  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 836
Panamera pickup at SEA, car has since moved to launch position with Cayenne next to it (as I wait for my Southwest flight )

dmbolp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 17, 3:30 pm
  #1054  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: BOS
Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
Posts: 96
Just got a Porsche transfer in DTW. A ground stop in DTW caused my inbound from ORD stay on the tarmac for an extra hour, leaving a 15 minute connection between A57 to A78. Got on the flight soaking wet, but was the last pax boarded before doors closed.

Awesome service and saved me from an extended layover in DTW. Weather messed up everyone's schedules and the following flights were filling up fast. I would have probably received a bump if I stuck around though...
tphamBU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 6:00 am
  #1055  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Posts: 555
Originally Posted by tphamBU View Post
Just got a Porsche transfer in DTW. A ground stop in DTW caused my inbound from ORD stay on the tarmac for an extra hour, leaving a 15 minute connection between A57 to A78. Got on the flight soaking wet, but was the last pax boarded before doors closed.

Awesome service and saved me from an extended layover in DTW. Weather messed up everyone's schedules and the following flights were filling up fast. I would have probably received a bump if I stuck around though...
Congrats on the ride. Must have been a slow day in DTW. A57 to A78 is EASILY doable in 5 minutes, 15 and you could have hit a restroom on the way.
FSUnole03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 3:55 pm
  #1056  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: OKC
Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, GL_Marriott, GHertz
Posts: 5,907
Originally Posted by SFCav View Post
We were delayed due to traffic on the taxiway and arrived about 45 minutes late to SEA, reducing my layover to about 10 minutes. I sent Delta a DM on Twitter explaining that I'd have to hoof it from B to S at SeaTac and wasn't confident I'd make the connection with the delay. The awesome agent protected me on the next flight and wished me luck. When we pulled up to the gate, I saw a red Porsche from my window and when I walked through the door there were two Delta agents holding an iPad with my name on it. The driver said my DM on Twitter had reached leadership and they were holding the plane for me to make the connection. VERY impressive and hugely helpful!! Thank you, Delta!!
I thought there was a time that DL gave us Twitter for free so we could contact them in flight but I suppose this is not now the case and perhaps my memory is flawed.
Xeno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 17, 4:15 pm
  #1057  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bye Delta
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 14,904
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
I thought there was a time that DL gave us Twitter for free so we could contact them in flight but I suppose this is not now the case and perhaps my memory is flawed.
Nope. Many people have long wished that was the case, but it never has been.
javabytes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 17, 7:18 pm
  #1058  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: HEF
Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Posts: 4,079
Porsche Pickup at SEA

I was traveling GEG-SEA-YVR midday on Friday 9/22/17. I got quite a surprise when I got to SEA gate S4; DL's Claudia was waiting for me in the jetway with a tablet with my name on it; she escorted me down the exterior metal stairway to a beautiful new Porsche and drove me over to the main building, parking at the metal stairway that leads to a private entrance to the new SkyClub.

This made up for missing the upgrade from SEA-YVR.

Thank you, Claudia; thank you, Delta.
ND76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 17, 6:29 am
  #1059  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: HSV
Programs: DL DM Violator, HHonors, IHG, Avis
Posts: 96
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
I thought there was a time that DL gave us Twitter for free...
During the month of April in 2011, Twitter was free without paying for Gogo.
Formulanone is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 17, 8:45 pm
  #1060  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Seattle
Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
Posts: 48
Thank you Delta for the offer last night (9/30) to take us over to the SkyClub at SEA terminal A from S terminal. My wife walked right past the sign - she needed the rest room and was focused on other things. I spotted the tablet and stopped, calling her back down the gangway. We declined the offer since we had a couple of hours for our connection. Thanks again Delta for offering this to us. A tight connection and we will be thrilled to accept should it be offered in the future.
bsktpdlr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 17, 3:40 am
  #1061  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
Posts: 1,216
Originally Posted by USCTrojan83 View Post
The reps who do the Porche transfers have a priority list. At the top are VIP Select clients who pay for the service, followed by Company executives and those with a Company VIP designation, followed by Delta 360 then Diamonds. They keep an eye out, based on availability, for who might misconnect and then offer the service. However, oftentimes weather or other issues might lead to a number of misconnects thus lessening your chance of being offered the service. Also, obviously, if a number of VIP Select paying guests or Delta executives need the service at a given time.
I'm a DM, MM, and have never received a Porsche ride. No biggie, though, but I've see it happening outside my coach window.
randidliyo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 17, 7:30 am
  #1062  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,159
Originally Posted by randidliyo View Post
I'm a DM, MM, and have never received a Porsche ride. No biggie, though, but I've see it happening outside my coach window.

You have the right attitude about it, DL said it gave out 54,000 Porsche rides in 2016 and they had ~180M passengers.

That's a .03% chance for any one individual getting one ride in a given year if every passenger had an equal likelihood of getting a ride

Obviously 360, DM, PM, GM, FO have higher likelihood but it's still a very small chance, and many routes don't touch a hub with Porsche Service


But still a very small chance and it's really nice if you catch a flight because of it, and certainly many people have made flights they would not have made without it, but it's certainly not something anyone should be counting on.

http://news.delta.com/corporate-stats-and-facts
http://news.delta.com/surprise-and-d...ogram-extended
kop84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 17, 5:27 pm
  #1063  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: MSP
Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Posts: 11,366
Originally Posted by randidliyo View Post
I'm a DM, MM, and have never received a Porsche ride. No biggie, though, but I've see it happening outside my coach window.
I've never gotten it nor seen it.

Once I thought I had a really good chance (short connection in ATL) but Sandy intervened.
sethb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 17, 5:58 pm
  #1064  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: ATL - DL DM/2.9MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Plat
Posts: 2,999
I've had 4 Porsche rides so far. 1 of them was in MPS while connecting to BIS - the rest were in ATL when they drove me to my parking lot shuttle. Pretty lucky!
Tomphot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 17, 6:36 pm
  #1065  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 268
Originally Posted by kop84 View Post
You have the right attitude about it, DL said it gave out 54,000 Porsche rides in 2016 and they had ~180M passengers.

That's a .03% chance for any one individual getting one ride in a given year if every passenger had an equal likelihood of getting a ride

Obviously 360, DM, PM, GM, FO have higher likelihood but it's still a very small chance, and many routes don't touch a hub with Porsche Service


But still a very small chance and it's really nice if you catch a flight because of it, and certainly many people have made flights they would not have made without it, but it's certainly not something anyone should be counting on.

http://news.delta.com/corporate-stats-and-facts
http://news.delta.com/surprise-and-d...ogram-extended
How many passengers have gotten the Delta Private Jets upgrade, and what's the percentage chance? https://thepointsguy.com/2015/07/del...-jet-upgrades/

MikeNYC1 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread