Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
Are these FCM offers time-sensitive? For example, when I logged into My Trips at 6 AM, CHS-DCA was showing $217 now it's showing $415. Weird. It seems it's a session-based thing. Just tried to login again and it's back to $217 on the App.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
Originally Posted by av8rsamr
Are these FCM offers time-sensitive?
I've been watching LGA>STL drop from 108, to 98, to 90 today.....getting close to the pull the trigger point.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum
On Christmas Eve, BWI>MSY for $293 on an award ticket via ATL. (Yep, Santa is gonna be mad at me )

I am guessing that the ">" means this is a one-way upgrade offer? As I have decent C+ seats, I am not going to take the offer. Would anyone take the offer if it were round-trip?

I thought I would get an upgrade at T-120, but no one did. (6+ F seats open on each flight) I guess Atlanta is the upgrade beast so many say it is, but on this particular Christmas Eve? For the record, the trip was 15K round trip.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The offer typically says whether it's "entire trip" or "per person per segment" or language to that effect.

Interesting, I would've expected BWI-ATL to clear but maybe because it's Christmas Eve. I don't think I'd be tempted by $300 even RT though.

I'm doing BWI-ATL-TPA-ATL-BWI around the holidays with +1 using the Reserve companion cert (not the greatest use, but didn't have much other opportunity). First three legs in F, last in coach. DL has been trying to sell me F on the last flight for $112 pp off and on for a while, now up to $236 pp with F7 according to EF. Uh, no thanks
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dalewood
On Christmas Eve, BWI>MSY for $293 on an award ticket via ATL. (Yep, Santa is gonna be mad at me )

I am guessing that the ">" means this is a one-way upgrade offer? As I have decent C+ seats, I am not going to take the offer. Would anyone take the offer if it were round-trip?

I thought I would get an upgrade at T-120, but no one did. (6+ F seats open on each flight) I guess Atlanta is the upgrade beast so many say it is, but on this particular Christmas Eve? For the record, the trip was 15K round trip.
$293 sounds like the offers I get most times for single segments, like ATL-IAD. No thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
DCA-RDU-LAS on Jan 7. Current offer is $341.85 for one direction. Maybe if that covered the round-trip I'd think about it. The whole open jaw ticket DCA-RDU-LAS/LAS-MSP-RDU was only $348. (Using this to connect to/from the extra section LAS-ICN flights that I bought for $2088 RT D1 ticket that I bought.)
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Just scored a paid upgrade on my Xmas night red eye LAS-ATL for only $21! I've never seen such a long flight this cheap! Granted it's limited service but still, only $21 to upgrade is quite a good deal if you ask me. Anyone else scored an upgrade on a 3+ hour long flight for so cheap? Seems every trip I took as a PM the offers were always at least $200 one way. Then I reach DM and this is my first trip and BAM cheap-o upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for future flights though.

OPS
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Chick FIl-A Red Member
Originally Posted by mattya9
Just scored a paid upgrade on my Xmas night red eye LAS-ATL for only $21! I've never seen such a long flight this cheap! Granted it's limited service but still, only $21 to upgrade is quite a good deal if you ask me. Anyone else scored an upgrade on a 3+ hour long flight for so cheap? Seems every trip I took as a PM the offers were always at least $200 one way. Then I reach DM and this is my first trip and BAM cheap-o upgrade. I'm not holding my breath for future flights though.

OPS
Wow. Never seen that low. Think it's a mistake? Interesting.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by mattya9

OPS
I paid $21 for FC upgrade on msp-lax as a PM on xmas eve! Was on an award ticket.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Looking at prices for trip in mid-January.

Coach fare is $520. FC fare is $1098. Difference of $578.

Purchase confirmation page is offering me an UG to FC for $573... each way.

Scoundrels.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
March 7, 2018 for DL 64. FCM offer of $454 to upgrade from W to FC. It’s scheduled on the 777-200 LR, being positioned for one of the ex-ATL ultra longhauls.

Is that a good deal?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
FCM - What would you do??

FO + Companion on LAX-DTW red-eye new years eve, award ticket. $78 FCM offer for first class, per person. Seat map below.

If this was a paid fare, I'd jump at the offer for the MQM bonus. However, it's not, so I'm leaning toward waiting it out to see if the upgrade clears. So...what would you do - spend $175 to guarantee first or wait it out and see if you get it for free?

If you want to sit up front take it, no brainer. I flew that route two weeks ago as a diamond on an RU certificate waitlist and still ended up in the back of the bus . If delta is selling upgrades that cheap it's no wonder the RUC didn't clear
Old Dec 24, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by G-man82
March 7, 2018 for DL 64. FCM offer of $454 to upgrade from W to FC. It’s scheduled on the 777-200 LR, being positioned for one of the ex-ATL ultra longhauls.

Is that a good deal?
That’s the LAX-ATL leg? $454 for a 4 hour flight would be a pretty lousy deal for domestic F, but for a D1 seat I’d probably go for it.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Hilton Honors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by strickerj

That’s the LAX-ATL leg? $454 for a 4 hour flight would be a pretty lousy deal for domestic F, but for a D1 seat I’d probably go for it.
Yup, it’s the LAX-ATL leg. I wouldn’t do it if it was regular first class seats. D1 has me considering.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by G-man82
Yup, it’s the LAX-ATL leg. I wouldn’t do it if it was regular first class seats. D1 has me considering.
this first class has lie flats but isn't D1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.