Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'm generally amenable to a decent FCM offer, especially when routes very unlikely to upgrade are involved

I have a flight DCA-ATL-ABQ-MSP-DCA

Bought K,L fares for $510

At the time first was selling for about $850

current FCM offer $737.00!!!

I actually laughed out loud , a full $400 more than buying first class outright,
I will happily sit in my exit row seats or see if I get upgraded. I will be PM by the time I take the trip but I know DCA-ATL prob won't happen Lol
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by abox03
Is there ever a FCM offer on award flights in coach?
I can't remember seeing one in advance but I've definitely seen them at olci.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting programming or whatever you want to call it.

Multi segment international trip. Can ONLY upgrade the two domestic legs to the tune of 400+300. Looking at a dummy booking you can upgrade the two domestic legs to FC and international to PE for 900 total for a fresh booking.

I can't even select to see prices to upgrade to anything on the trip except the domestic legs. Doesn't make any sense. The whole idea of new system is click on seat and get a price, correct?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: WP
OLCI offering $896 for D1 ATL-LHR, looks like it is J4 and Y9 for the flight...decisions...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond
Thumbs up Recent Positive Experience with FCM

I bought a one-way coach seat BDL to SFO via MSP for $400. I was seeing offers of $350 to upgrade. When I saw that the price of new First Class ticket had dropped to $570, I called the Diamond Desk and was able to buy a First Class seat for slightly less that $170. I might have received a complimentary upgrade, but was pleased with the modest cost of moving into First Class.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Since Delta changed their policy about sending FCM offers to people that book through Concur, every offer I've gotten after booking has been nearly double what it would have cost if I would have booked F to begin with. I just booked a flight for next week to LAS and they wanted $101 more each way when I did the dummy booking. Now that it's booked and I look at my trip, they want $171 each way.

Edited to add:

I went back and did a dummy booking on delta.dumb and the difference between Y and F was $180 RT. I thought when I booked it was less than the $101 each way. Anyhoo, I called our TA and had them book the F ticket for me and they wanted $2 more than Delta, which is odd because we normally get a slight discount. So even with the price difference of $2, the FCM amount is nearly double the difference after booking.

Last edited by yohanson; Aug 11, 2017 at 1:58 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by island82
OLCI offering $896 for D1 ATL-LHR, looks like it is J4 and Y9 for the flight...decisions...
Short flight, no MQM Boost for OLCI offers, I would say no....
Old Aug 17, 2017, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
$365 for one way LAS-JFK in early November on a 739....ummmm, no thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
(duplicate please erase)

Last edited by thesaints; Aug 18, 2017 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Just noticed access to the full seat map has been restored for those flights where DL is selling upgrades. One can simply select a seat in the upgraded cabin and pay the relative charge. If one upgrades an entire multi-segment leg a small discount is applied.

Pricing is RIDICULOUS: it currently offers me to upgrade an OAK-ATL segment from C+ to F for more than $800, when I could buy a fully refundable o/w ticket for more than $200 less and discounted First is still available for almost half the price.

Last edited by thesaints; Aug 18, 2017 at 9:58 am
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by yohanson
Since Delta changed their policy about sending FCM offers to people that book through Concur
Ah, so that's what happened. I was wondering why I was suddenly getting offers of F on ATL-ORF for over $600.

Keith
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
RT or one way?

I guess this is via ATL but don't forget that if you want you can likely SDC this to open seat via JFK if you wanted the flat bed.
One way. Wanted to SDC to JFK but was meeting friends on the first flight out of ATL. Alas, I still slept comfortably.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Had a last minute/same day one-way booking RDU-ATL-DCA. Was coming from GSO and didn't think I would make the last Saturday direct. At booking, in app, fare was $236 and was offered $70 to upgrade. Took that, then proceeded to make the direct RDU-DCA flight anyway.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
My favorite one was $4 for DTW to ORD a few months ago. Why not. I didn't want to take the 8pm flight anyways and this allowed me to switch to noon flight and have entire afternoon and evening in Chicago.

I also had an offer for a DTW-BWI for $29 but passed because I was already in C+ but got UG at gate.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
SFO-BOS. FCM offer of $830 one way in D1

Currently D1 pricing - $650.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.