Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
I've wondered how many of the silly FCM upgrades (YVR-SEA; ATL-JAX/SAV/CHS... you name it) are related to them trying to sell F on certain routes. Meaning, I suspect almost everyone on the YVR-SEA flight are connecting. So, it would make sense that they'd want to have F seats available for people flying, say, YVR-NYC/BOS/WAS. I imagine there are people wanting to fly F from SEA-JAX and DL would want to hold back "underpriced" ATL-JAX F tickets.
hhdl and Minnyappleus like this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:00 pm

Interesting theory, but even with only 12 seats, there is generally absolutely no shortage of F on YVR-SEA (or vice versa). I got upgraded with some frequency as a mere Silver.
SEAfarer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'm regularly seeing price differential from main to C+ being what the FCM used to be. DL has really jacked up their C+ fares as well as the F fares this year to the point where I have not taken advantage of any FCM offer and will just take my chances with the medallion upgrade.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Unclear. SFO-MSP is the route I watch the most, and the differential (Main to First) is back down to $170 after having fluctuated between $130 and $380 in the last twelve months ($200 was the rock-solid standard for much of the last decade).

My general impression is that Delta has no idea how to capture premium demand post-pandemic and is moving fares all over the map to try to collect data and chase hunches.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by findark
My general impression is that Delta has no idea how to capture premium demand post-pandemic and is moving fares all over the map to try to collect data and chase hunches.
That may be... but I'll tell you for sure that trying to get a $350 FCM for a 2.5hr flight isn't the way... and either is $850+ for a midcon BOS-SLC with only 4 out of 20 seats taken in the F cabin and C+ wide open.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: DL- PM, AA-PlatPro
I noticed whenever I book an international flight and get an upgrade at booking to Comfort+ all buy up offers for Premium Select, Delta One etc disappear- anyone else experience this or have luck with purchasing one through an agent?
gm1955 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.