Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
OLCI ATL-JFK 139. In C+ right now. And I'm Number 2 with 10 seats open. I passed. Unless a LOT of same day purchases happen I feel pretty comfortable with waiting.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
OLCI ATL-JFK 139. In C+ right now. And I'm Number 2 with 10 seats open. I passed. Unless a LOT of same day purchases happen I feel pretty comfortable with waiting.
SDCs can make a lot of those open F seats vanish pretty quickly, and don't forget there's a weather waiver out for NYC tomorrow
Old May 24, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
SDCs can make a lot of those open F seats vanish pretty quickly, and don't forget there's a weather waiver out for NYC tomorrow
Yah I know. Meant it more that not paying 139 for that with current open status.

I've got a very early flight which should arrive when there is just very low chance of rain only. We shall see but I need to get there tomorrow.

Another fun one I just saw. Only return portion offered LAX-ATL for 698 dollars.

Last edited by dinanm3atl; May 24, 2017 at 12:05 pm
Old May 25, 2017, 6:51 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'd forgotten about this until posting a link to the fine print of the FCM offer vis-a-vis MQMs in another thread:

Originally Posted by Zorak
I plan to try to SDC this itinerary so I'll see what happens (and yes, for any shareholders reading this, I am willing to fly this as booked if that should be the outcome )
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
As a stockholder, I'll be keeping a watch on you.

And I'm sure you will let us know the result.
... and the answer is: unknown, because I ended up changing this flight, so this did enrich you by your share of an additional $200

Last edited by Zorak; May 25, 2017 at 7:25 am Reason: meant FCM, not SDC
Old May 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'd forgotten about this until posting a link to the fine print of the SDC offer vis-a-vis MQMs in another thread:

... and the answer is: unknown, because I ended up changing this flight, so this did enrich you by your share of an additional $200
It's burning a hole in my pocket.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
SMF-SLC-STL $189 at OLCI accepted

L fare
Old May 29, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by ND76
I'm doing one of my "mental health Wednesday" trips next week, DCA-JFK-PBI in the morning, PBI-ATL-DCA last flights out in the evening.

There are plenty of F empties on all flights. Delta offers me the following upgrade deals: $74.18 for DCA-JFK (typically 42 minutes en route); $186.13 for JFK-PBI (usually 2:15 or so); or a combination of both for $213.93.

On the way back, they'll sell me an upgrade at $314.92 per segment.
No upgrades at the 1700 window on 5/25. Upgrades came in dribs and drabs: got JFK-PBI at 0951 on Friday 5/26; then about thirteen hours later ATL-DCA at 2249; then DCA-JFK at 0309 Sunday 5/28. Delta still wants $314.92 to upgrade the 90 minute flight between PBI and ATL; still 6 F empties.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
SMF-SLC-STL $189 at OLCI accepted

L fare
Same price offered tomorrow return via MSP on a U fare. Tempting but I'll save it for another time I think
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
No upgrades at the 1700 window on 5/25. Upgrades came in dribs and drabs: got JFK-PBI at 0951 on Friday 5/26; then about thirteen hours later ATL-DCA at 2249; then DCA-JFK at 0309 Sunday 5/28. Delta still wants $314.92 to upgrade the 90 minute flight between PBI and ATL; still 6 F empties.
Exorbitant FCM may have backfired on Delta on the PBI-ATL run Wednesday night (flight 1053). About one hour from departure, I was #4 for 3 F empties. They wanted $209.00 for an upgrade at this point.

About 5 minutes after that, there was a cancellation in F, and I was #4 for 4 F empties, and my upgrade cleared a few minutes after that. Then, there were three no shows for F (how often does that happen?), and the Big D ended up clearing 7 upgrades.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Exorbitant FCM may have backfired on Delta on the PBI-ATL run Wednesday night (flight 1053). About one hour from departure, I was #4 for 3 F empties. They wanted $209.00 for an upgrade at this point.

About 5 minutes after that, there was a cancellation in F, and I was #4 for 4 F empties, and my upgrade cleared a few minutes after that. Then, there were three no shows for F (how often does that happen?), and the Big D ended up clearing 7 upgrades.
Somewhere, for reasons unbeknownst to him, a DL stockholder has realized that a tear is running down his cheek.

Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium

The question is... did anyone get upgraded to a DPJ?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Offered $279 to upgrade my K fare to First from BON-ATL-DCA...hard to pass that one up considering I booked original flight with UR points
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tma90
Offered $279 to upgrade my K fare to First from BON-ATL-DCA...hard to pass that one up considering I booked original flight with UR points
I should have added that just 2 weeks ago they wanted $679 for the same upgrade. Interesting that it changed so much considering travel is still 6 weeks away
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:30 pm

two days out on an SLC-DCA flight. Persistent $270 offers for one-way upgrades for the last several days. Seats in F disappearing one by one. Not worth it to me but interesting. Have never seen upgrade offers like this before. Looks like the five and two day windows for clearing DM and PM complimerntary upgrades are essentially meaningless now.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerslc
two days out on an SLC-DCA flight. Persistent $270 offers for one-way upgrades for the last several days. Seats in F disappearing one by one. Not worth it to me but interesting. Have never seen upgrade offers like this before. Looks like the five and two day windows for clearing DM and PM complimerntary upgrades are essentially meaningless now.
The DM and PM windows are the same, but DM clear with "higher priority."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.