Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Monetization, or FCM: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by AKSteveB
While I'm at it ...Any new thoughts on the DL-AS partnership. They seem to keep getting further apart ..but the (what seems to me to be crazy) mileage earning anomaly continues. If you buy an A or a P fare on DL ..credit it to AS ..you get 100%(A), 75%(P), bonus over actually flight mileage, as opposed to spend based on a 675 dollar ticket crediting to DL. Works great for me as an AS MVPG ..but that can't go on ..can it?
OMG, I've been going to town this year like a fat kid at a buffet. Crazy is exactly right, and get it while you can. The total bonus is even higher as a 75K.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
OMG, I've been going to town this year like a fat kid at a buffet. Crazy is exactly right, and get it while you can. The total bonus is even higher as a 75K.
And another here. Dipped my feet into the pool for a few flights and got Delta plat for a year... going to credit all the rest to AS for as long as I can.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
It's definitely nice. 20,500 earned as MVPG for a reasonably priced A fare Western Canada-Florida r/t last month. Almost 14k in MQM's too. Lower G fare was also available but it was worth it to pay around $80 more each way to buy an A fare for the extra mileage.

Speculation, but I personally think that 2016 will be the last year we'll see this, if the partnership doesn't end first.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by db729
Can I upgrade to first, and then SDC from a nonstop to a route with a stop and still get the MQM bonus? Just thinking about collecting some MQM miles before the year ends.
Yes, assuming seats are available.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:12 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
Almost fell off my seat when my MSN-XXX-SFO-XXX-MSN round trip for next week came up at $128 for the entire trip. Jumped all over that one ($11.60 per hour) and will likely attempt to SDC to a more convenient itinerary.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
from the customer-friendliness standpoint, that is exactly how FCM should work ... from the DL bottom-line standpoint, probably not so much ...
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by kpbadger
Almost fell off my seat when my MSN-XXX-SFO-XXX-MSN round trip for next week came up at $128 for the entire trip. Jumped all over that one ($11.60 per hour) and will likely attempt to SDC to a more convenient itinerary.
It is hilarious how some justify this kind of spend (per hour?). What's with the XXX, afraid that if it is MSP that others would know that the first segment is a short hop and the second is a 757 with 24 F seats.

That wasn't priced like that by accident. Hats off again to DL to get you to bite and think you stole it.

Barnum and Bailey had it right.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
It is hilarious how some justify this kind of spend (per hour?). What's with the XXX, afraid that if it is MSP that others would know that the first segment is a short hop and the second is a 757 with 24 F seats.

That wasn't priced like that by accident. Hats off again to DL to get you to bite and think you stole it.

If it were me, the justification would be in the easier ability to SDC if I thought I might need it.

I don't care so much about flight time esp. if I already have a nice C+ seat. But if $128 buys me even an extra 2-3 hours at home on either end, that's certainly worthwhile.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:53 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
With the 150% bump I'll effectively get around 2500 Mqm's for $128 whereas Delta would charge me $2195 to buy those directly so I'm getting a 1700% return on my investment?!? just kidding

Totally agreed that money given to Delta is money spent regardless of whether one gets a "deal." I figured $/hr was one way to "normalize" the cost. My "offer" happened to be a lot lower than most posted here and on a business heavy route, which I found noteworthy.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 10:59 am

With the 150% bump I'll effectively get around 2500 Mqm's for $128 whereas Delta would charge me $2195 to buy those directly so I'm getting a 1700% return on my investment?!? just kidding

Totally agreed that money given to Delta is money spent regardless of whether one gets a "deal." I figured $/hr was one way to "normalize" the cost. My "offer" happened to be a lot lower than most posted here and on a business heavy route, which I found noteworthy.
If those flights are on Monday and Thursday, that's a great deal. Especially next week.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 11:15 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Seriously? Even if the OP is connecting in MSP on bad equipment he's still flying over halfway across the country in First Class round trip for a mere additional $128. The only sucker in that situation would be the one who DIDN'T take it.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Seriously? Even if the OP is connecting in MSP on bad equipment he's still flying over halfway across the country in First Class round trip for a mere additional $128. The only sucker in that situation would be the one who DIDN'T take it.
+1 I'd take that every day of the week.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Quote:

This... It would take me < a millisecond to grab that deal. Unquestionably.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
How much was the original ticket?
Old Jan 1, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
THIS!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.