Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: NWA/Delta GM, Continental, US Air
Originally Posted by roknroll
MR might be your best bet, and I think a few hundred bucks is worth it for plat. 2500 miles is easy to do in a single trip. with the unbraded platinum AMEX, do you have 100k points and qualify as a first time transfer to Delta? That would give 25k MQM. If you qualify, you actually only need 40k MR points, and can do a 60k points advance for the rest.
Unfortunately, I used the unbranded AMEX Plat last year to do the 50K MR point advance/25K MQM transfer. That was a really good deal. I am now retired, so a 2500 mile trip is more like an excuse to take a quick vacation, and not a real MR. I was (still am?) hoping DL would do the charity thing again. That was also a really easy way to get those last few MQMs.

Nancy
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Nanrid1121
Unfortunately, I used the unbranded AMEX Plat last year to do the 50K MR point advance/25K MQM transfer. That was a really good deal. I am now retired, so a 2500 mile trip is more like an excuse to take a quick vacation, and not a real MR. I was (still am?) hoping DL would do the charity thing again. That was also a really easy way to get those last few MQMs.

Nancy
Vacation sounds nice . If you're out of BOS, a nice couple days in New Orleans or Austin would get you your miles and tickets are around $250 round trip.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
How many MQM by year end? (MilesBoost)

I have received the 40K/15KMQM $100 back offer for the Plat $150 card. I understand you get 5K MQM on first purchase and 10K MQM after $1,500 in purchases. Good so far.

I am curious if you can also get the MilesBoost bonus by the end of 2011 in addition to the above. (Note 5 says you get 10K MQM if in any calendar year your "Eligible Spending" is $25k or more.) If I spend $25K on the card before 12/31/11, can I get another 10K in MQM?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA
You'll get the 10,00 Miles Boost if you spend $25,000. by Dec 31. IME, that includesd the initial $1500 spend.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by vbjd1111
I have received the 40K/15KMQM $100 back offer for the Plat $150 card. I understand you get 5K MQM on first purchase and 10K MQM after $1,500 in purchases.
I received the same offer today via mail and the offer ends oct 23.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...36/36255/b/317

40k/15k offer without logging in. Worked for me (when I got to the login page of DeltaAmexCard.com it tells me I'm SOL because I already have the card from above)..
WARNING! I got the card, did the spend and didn't get the miles as noted. I just called and SM'd to get them to honor it and they're "conducting an investigation that will last up to 2 weeks".

No idea what the outcome will be but at least the supervisor I talked to confirmed she was able to access the website.

What really chaps my buttocks on this that there is the ongoing offer from deltaamexcard.com which is effectively the same. Just give me that one then.

grrrr.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
How MQMs if upgrading from Gold Amex?

Am I correct in assuming that I'll still get 15k MQM in total (after 1k spend) even if I currently have the Gold Delta Skymiles Amex? The TC seemed a little vague on that point to me.

"20,000 Delta SkyMiles (5,000 of which count as Medallion® Qualification Miles) will be awarded after your first purchase on the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Please allow 2-4 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account. First purchase offer expires one year from time of Card account opening. Upgrades from a classic Delta SkyMiles Credit Card to a Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card will receive 15,000 Delta SkyMiles (5,000 of which count as Medallion® Qualification Miles). Upgrades from a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card to a Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card will receive 10,000 Delta SkyMiles (5,000 of which also count as Medallion Qualification Miles ). You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Additional Cardmembers are not eligible.

2 $1,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 3 months to be awarded the 10,000 bonus miles (also counts as Medallion® Qualification Miles). The 3 month period is evaluated from the date the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 3 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2-4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold."
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by rocketzo
Am I correct in assuming that I'll still get 15k MQM in total (after 1k spend) even if I currently have the Gold Delta Skymiles Amex? The TC seemed a little vague on that point to me. "
I have a Plat Delta Skymile card for over a year, and applied for another using the link, and got approved. The t&c did not mention about the first time accounts for the bonus, so I am sure I will be able to get the bonus.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 7:00 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Comments on the previous 2 posts -

On upgrading from Gold Amex card no, but applying for a new one yes. It is the Plat card that gives MQMs (though a few Gold card offers also did once in a while)
lastly, if you spend 25k by dec 31, you will get the 15k MQM for spending 1500 and the 10k MQM for spending 25k (or 20 MQM for 50k spend), so total max = 35k MQMs

Also Amex does have a history of who applied and when and they do not give the "welcome" bonus to repeat card owners. e.g., I had a SPG card years ago. Applied again this year for the 30k for 4500 spend - got the 20k bonus for spend and 4500 for spend, but not the 10k welcome as i already had a 10k welcome offer before. Similarly, I have had the DR cards 15k welcome reduced to 5k due to previous offers. YMMV.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Another data point - Applied for this card around June, got the promo code applied to my account. Met the spending requirement but after numerous emails still waiitng for my missing 15k miles - 10k of them MQMs..
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by 2tall4economy
WARNING! I got the card, did the spend and didn't get the miles as noted. I just called and SM'd to get them to honor it and they're "conducting an investigation that will last up to 2 weeks".

No idea what the outcome will be but at least the supervisor I talked to confirmed she was able to access the website.

What really chaps my buttocks on this that there is the ongoing offer from deltaamexcard.com which is effectively the same. Just give me that one then.

grrrr.
This is pretty sad. I im in the exact same predicament. I even have it in writing via the Amex Secure Message counter yet they still won't honor it. I'll keep you guys updated on what happens.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:34 am

Wow, just got blatantly shot down via SM. They even acknowledged that my account was indeed notated with the better offer but since I wasn't targeted, they can't do anything..
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:28 pm

Regarding many people not being able to see the max miles link - Changing browsers makes a BIG difference as to what offer you get redirected to. I used 4 browsers to test the waters - It ranges from a measly 10K to 45K depending on existing AMEX cookies / also suggest not accepting shortcut for existing account holder. Just applied for personal 45K & business 30K - instead of 60 second approval I got 14 day wait for personal & pls call this # for Biz. Called biz and was told dup application but already approved -maybe the personal was the dup?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:57 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by quickroute
Regarding many people not being able to see the max miles link - Changing browsers makes a BIG difference as to what offer you get redirected to. I used 4 browsers to test the waters - It ranges from a measly 10K to 45K depending on existing AMEX cookies / also suggest not accepting shortcut for existing account holder. Just applied for personal 45K & business 30K - instead of 60 second approval I got 14 day wait for personal & pls call this # for Biz. Called biz and was told dup application but already approved -maybe the personal was the dup?
I got targeted for this offer and am still undecided. My offer was for the 40'000 miles including 15k MQMs blah blah blah after 1500 spend in 3 months.

In the details it says RDms post 2-4weeks after first purchase and MQMs count only in the year they podt to your account.My offer expires oct 23 . So should I wait till the last day to apply and make the $1500 spend first week of Jan 2012 to be within 3 month time frame .

It says first purchase offer expires one year from date of card issue. It also says all MQMS EARNED between Jan 1 st and Dec 31 st 2011 will count towards 2012 medallion status. What's the difference between medallion status and year medallion miles are earned if any?

I would not make any purchase at all till the 1 st of next year to ensure MQms are good for all of 2012 and maybe 2013. If they post end of 2011 they will only be good for 2012 Am I correct in my thinking ?

Confused with the rollover and trying to maintain at least silver thru all of 2013 if possible .

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.