FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]
Old Oct 3, 2011, 8:04 am
rocketzo

Programs: AA Plat Pro
How MQMs if upgrading from Gold Amex?

Am I correct in assuming that I'll still get 15k MQM in total (after 1k spend) even if I currently have the Gold Delta Skymiles Amex? The TC seemed a little vague on that point to me.

"20,000 Delta SkyMiles (5,000 of which count as Medallion® Qualification Miles) will be awarded after your first purchase on the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. Please allow 2-4 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account. First purchase offer expires one year from time of Card account opening. Upgrades from a classic Delta SkyMiles Credit Card to a Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card will receive 15,000 Delta SkyMiles (5,000 of which count as Medallion® Qualification Miles). Upgrades from a Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card to a Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card will receive 10,000 Delta SkyMiles (5,000 of which also count as Medallion Qualification Miles ). You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Additional Cardmembers are not eligible.

2 $1,000 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 3 months to be awarded the 10,000 bonus miles (also counts as Medallion® Qualification Miles). The 3 month period is evaluated from the date the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 3 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2-4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold."