Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by blackdoc
I think its still on, Im planning on Jan 1st sign up
If it is still "on", where is the link for it? I've tried the link in the first post, but it just opens up a blank window that nothing ever happens on.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Skymiles
Originally Posted by Winner
https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/Q7LXM3W4.aspx

I used this link a few weeks ago to apply for a Delta Gold AMEX. I accepted the offer of 25K with first spend, another 25K after spending $1000 in 90 days. No MQM, annual fee waived the first year. 45K total.

I haven't had an AMEX for 10 years, so I'm a first time cardholder. When I called to confirm the deal they said I would only get 30K. After I explained the offer and gave them a code, they assured me I would get the promised 45K. Hope they honor the deal. I'm going to be very upset if they don't.
When i click on the link and enter my Skymiles & last name I get an offer for the Gold Amex and a bonus of 35k. I just applied for the Gold last month with the 30k bonus. I called Amex and the first rep said it's not possible to get the 5k since the offers are slightly different. Called back and gave the 2nd rep the POID code from the terms & conditions section. She confirmed they aren't doing any 'better offer matching' anymore, but did give me 3k skymiles as a courtesy.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any updates as to whether this is still live?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by goodmane
When i click on the link and enter my Skymiles & last name I get an offer for the Gold Amex and a bonus of 35k. I just applied for the Gold last month with the 30k bonus. I called Amex and the first rep said it's not possible to get the 5k since the offers are slightly different. Called back and gave the 2nd rep the POID code from the terms & conditions section. She confirmed they aren't doing any 'better offer matching' anymore, but did give me 3k skymiles as a courtesy.
Sadly, nothing pops out when I input my delta skymiles number. Guess I am not lucky enough.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by beachfan
Any updates as to whether this is still live?
Yes it's still active, if you're targeted. The Mrs. still has the Biz version that we haven't applied for yet. Going to wait a little longer to see if anything changes with the DL program before applying.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:08 pm

Says I'm already a Delta Skymiles Amex holder (true!) but was looking to apply for the business version through this link. No luck
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by loverofpeace
...looking to apply for the business version through this link.
You cannot apply for a business card through a promotional link for a personal card. They are two separate products.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by loverofpeace
Says I'm already a Delta Skymiles Amex holder (true!) but was looking to apply for the business version through this link. No luck
Originally Posted by mia
You cannot apply for a business card through a promotional link for a personal card. They are two separate products.
I've gotten a targeted mailer for the personal Delta Platinum Amex in the past, with a note that a business version is available as well. You might try www.deltaplatinumoffer.com and see what happens. I tried the website a few weeks after the offer expired on 4/22 and I found a new identical offer (for personal and business cards) that ran till 6/17. I got a personal card on 4/22 and a business card the second time around. (Both with 40k bonus incl. 15k MQMs.)
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL, QF, CO, Married (does that count as a program?)
I go to the card link and it takes me to the scree nwhich asks for my SkyMiles # and last name. I enter it and then get the "We're sorry, but our records indicate you already have this card" page. I had the card nearly 2 years ago.

Does anyone else have this problem, but yet apply and get approved? If so, what is the timeframe since the last time you had an open DL Gold card?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:34 am

I don't know about timing, but now I get the same "You already have this card" message. Earlier, I would get redirected to the link for the gold card (I already have plat biz/pers). Lucky had written about new Amex policies on his blog One Mile at a Time but I'm on the move and can't pull it up right now -- maybe that will shed some light.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 7:00 pm

This is the post I was talking about: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...p-bonus-terms/
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL, QF, CO, Married (does that count as a program?)
Originally Posted by crimson12
This is the post I was talking about: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/onemil...p-bonus-terms/
Thank you.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Both me and wife received targeted offers. I applied and was approved online for personal card. I have not had this card in the past two years. I have had the Hilton AMEX for many years and currently also carry the Platinum and the Business Gold Rewards OPEN card (not for long). I will do the $1k spend asap to get all the miles and EQMs...I hope I don't run into trouble
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Both me and wife received targeted offers. I applied and was approved online for personal card. I have not had this card in the past two years. I have had the Hilton AMEX for many years and currently also carry the Platinum and the Business Gold Rewards OPEN card (not for long). I will do the $1k spend asap to get all the miles and EQMs...I hope I don't run into trouble
You should have no trouble. I had the Platinum Amex (applied July '11) and Gold Biz Amex (Feb '12) and applied for the personal version of this card in April and the biz version around June. All bonus miles and MQMs from both versions of the card posted properly. I'm not sure if they were affected by the new policy, though; the blog post I linked refers to "the past few weeks" on June 4th and I don't know when exactly I applied.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:02 pm

Delta Plat Amex Biz

Can someone post a direct link to the Biz card? I was trying to apply for both and completed the personal one first. I had the biz application open in a different browser and was in the process of filling it out when my internet disconnected. Now when I go to the landing page, all I get is a thank you for applying but I don't have the option to pick the Biz. Help!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.