Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Plat AMEX w/40k Skymiles plus 15k MQMs [March 2011 offer]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 8:19 pm
mpp

No phone number on the offer. Just an on-line application.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
I used the link in post #4 of this thread a few weeks ago, and got the following offer:
20k miles on first spend, 5k of which would be MQMs
15k miles after $750 spend in first 3 months, 10k of which would be MQM's
$75 statement credit on first DL purchase

I applied, and didn't get instant approval. 1 week later I was approved, and another week later I received my card (last week). Two days ago the 20k miles and 5k MQMs posted, which was just a few days after my first spend

Edit:
I just entered my info into the link from post #4, and it gives me the offer for the platinum card with 40k miles and 15k mqms (and $100 statement credit).

Last edited by roknroll; Sep 12, 2011 at 9:28 pm
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
I was just offered this from DL AMEX. Did anyone else bite on this offer or do you think they'll come out with a better offer? I have never owned a DL CC.

Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: SPG PLT
Maybe I should apply for this card now since no other offers look tempting at this point.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL GM
Got a targeted e-mail offering 40k total plus 15k MQMs, decided to jump on it. Applied and got to the last screen, "we'll review your application and contact you within 14 days." This is never a good sign based on my limited experience, the only times the "14 day wait" has ever happened to me have ended up being rejections. We'll see.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Just got the same offer targeted to me. I usually discard all offers that include an annual fee immediately, and I was tempted to do the same here, especially if other people have had trouble getting all the miles mentioned in the offer. I already hold Amex Gold Premier Card, which I applied for through the "well known blogger's" offer after I closed my Delta SkyMiles Amex Gold. The SkyMiles card had a credit limit that would be a joke to keep up with while you're traveling so it seemed purposeless...however, since I closed it fairly recently, I wonder if it would block me from actually getting the miles I was offered in today's mailer. Sounds like you can have Delta SkyMiles and a Premier Amex at the same time BUT if anyone has had problems with stacking these cards/offers, I would appreciate being informed either in this thread or in private mail if you'd rather not discuss it in public.

Oh, and my husband currently holds a Delta SkyMiles Amex also. Maybe we should close one of these?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by peachfront
Just got the same offer targeted to me. I usually discard all offers that include an annual fee immediately, and I was tempted to do the same here, especially if other people have had trouble getting all the miles mentioned in the offer. I already hold Amex Gold Premier Card, which I applied for through the "well known blogger's" offer after I closed my Delta SkyMiles Amex Gold. The SkyMiles card had a credit limit that would be a joke to keep up with while you're traveling so it seemed purposeless...however, since I closed it fairly recently, I wonder if it would block me from actually getting the miles I was offered in today's mailer. Sounds like you can have Delta SkyMiles and a Premier Amex at the same time BUT if anyone has had problems with stacking these cards/offers, I would appreciate being informed either in this thread or in private mail if you'd rather not discuss it in public.

Oh, and my husband currently holds a Delta SkyMiles Amex also. Maybe we should close one of these?
Try clicking the link in post #4 of this thread, enter your SM# and last name, and see what offer pops up. It might give you the same offer you were mailed. I did this 3 weeks ago, and a few days after my first spend I got my first 20k miles posted (my offer was 20k on first spend with 5k MQM, and 15k on $750 spend with 10k MQM). After I activated the card, I SM'd amex to confirm the offer and they said I would get what I applied for.

I also have a PR Gold AMEX that's about 10 months old.

Last edited by roknroll; Sep 13, 2011 at 6:54 pm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Thanks. I got an error message saying, Our records show you already have a Delta SkyMiles card. While this is not the case, I'm not going to risk applying for a card with a fee, when there's any chance of having to get in a debate with these guys. My experience is that their customer service is just plain incompetent. Not knowing who I am/what cards I hold was the unfortunate preamble to an adventure I had with them years ago where they threatened me for months because I wouldn't pay the bill of someone I never met, who had a name and signature nothiing like mine, who lived and shopped in New Jersey (a place I hadn't been in years at the time) and whose card was an Optima (a card I didn't hold).

If it's 2011 and they're still not sure what cards I may or may not hold...maybe I'd better let this one pass. I'm glad it's working out for you though.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...36/36255/b/317

40k/15k offer without logging in. Worked for me (when I got to the login page it tells me I'm SOL).

Card's in the mail, no reason to assume the offer isn't valid but I took screenshots just in case........not that amex will honor them if they don't feel like it nowadays...

wishing the Delta Reserve was still there. I actually want that card normally anyway.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Got a targeted e-mail offering 40k total plus 15k MQMs, decided to jump on it. Applied and got to the last screen, "we'll review your application and contact you within 14 days." This is never a good sign based on my limited experience, the only times the "14 day wait" has ever happened to me have ended up being rejections. We'll see.
Got an e-mail a few days later saying that I was approved. Now to just plot that $1500 spend and I'll be ready to go. This is a far cry from a "great deal" compared to what was going on earlier this year, but for the moment it will have to do.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Got an e-mail a few days later saying that I was approved. Now to just plot that $1500 spend and I'll be ready to go. This is a far cry from a "great deal" compared to what was going on earlier this year, but for the moment it will have to do.
It might not be a TON of miles, but Delta is one of the easiest programs to accumulate miles in with many ways. Even if it is tougher to redeem them, it is do-able with time, patience, and flexibility. It's just another source to add to the pot of DL miles. Plus 15k MQM is not small potatoes.

In the past month I went from 20k miles and no status to Gold status and 215k miles (with 25k more on the way thanks to SkyMall). 150k and 25k MQMs from AMEX, then 35k and 15k MQMs from this card. Throw in a few transcon flights and it's easy gold status and a few hundred thousand miles.

One nice thing about this card is that the miles post almost instantly. I had my first set of miles within a few days of my first spend, and the next set of miles a few days after making the minimum spend. Only had the card for 2 weeks, and my first statement hasn't even closed yet.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
Obnoxious question: does anyone have a link for the Business Plat AmEx? I can only find links to the Gold and am much more interested in the MQMs...
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: NWA/Delta GM, Continental, US Air
Other MQM offers?

I tried a search but have not (yet) found an answer to a question... other ways to get MQMs this year. I already have both a Platinum Delta AMEX card and an un-branded AMEX Platinum card, so I don't qualify for these offers. These were obtained to take advantage of the MQM offers over the past few years. This year I am about 2500 miles short of Platinum. Last year there were the donate-to-charity MQM offers. Yes, I can do a quick MR before the end of the year but was wondering if there were any other offers out there for MQMs?

Thanks - Nancy
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nanrid1121
I tried a search but have not (yet) found an answer to a question... other ways to get MQMs this year. I already have both a Platinum Delta AMEX card and an un-branded AMEX Platinum card, so I don't qualify for these offers. These were obtained to take advantage of the MQM offers over the past few years. This year I am about 2500 miles short of Platinum. Last year there were the donate-to-charity MQM offers. Yes, I can do a quick MR before the end of the year but was wondering if there were any other offers out there for MQMs?

Thanks - Nancy
MR might be your best bet, and I think a few hundred bucks is worth it for plat. 2500 miles is easy to do in a single trip. with the unbraded platinum AMEX, do you have 100k points and qualify as a first time transfer to Delta? That would give 25k MQM. If you qualify, you actually only need 40k MR points, and can do a 60k points advance for the rest.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tebfunk
Obnoxious question: does anyone have a link for the Business Plat AmEx? I can only find links to the Gold and am much more interested in the MQMs...
http://www262.americanexpress.com/bu...ds&revised=new

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.