Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:28 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by steveholt
Haven't seen much SHENA, but had some pop up over Christmas break. Was flying west out of ATL and was 1/x with 0 seats left on the list. Boarded with Premium and took my seat in Comfort+. Plane boarded and then the final passenger was a DL captain, who took an open seat in F. Wasn't going to make a big deal out of it, but went up to the restroom in the front of the plane while carts were in the aisle behind me and glanced at his nametag, and then at the manifest printout for FC attached to the galley. Wouldn't you know that his name wasn't listed in that seat or anywhere else in the F cabin?
YBYL, this isn't shena
Old Dec 28, 2017, 7:30 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by steveholt
Boarded with Premium and took my seat in Comfort+.
You, a mere Platinum - Medallion boarded with PREMIUM?!?!?

Heavens to Betsy!!!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I know this isn’t technically SHENA and more YBYL but I am on a ATL-MCO flight right now and was #3 on the UG list when I boarded for 0 seats so wasn’t going to play #TeamBoardLast but when I sat down in my seat I noticed the DL app now showed 6 empty FC seats. Eventually 3 of them disappeared and where shown as given away on the standby list (one of the PAX had a DL lanyard on) and the remaining 3 seats went out empty.
If there were elites on the upgrade list when this happened, you should definitely complain to DL. Otherwise, the question is whether there was time to upgrade folks from C+/coach to FC.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If there were elites on the upgrade list when this happened, you should definitely complain to DL. Otherwise, the question is whether there was time to upgrade folks from C+/coach to FC.
There should of been enough time to UG PAX as we sat for 5 min from the time the last PAX boarded (who was the PAX sitting in FC with the DL lanyard) until the door closed. I didn’t feel like boarding last because I was #3 on the list and there where 0 seats left so didn’t feel it being justified to wait.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by davetravels
You, a mere Platinum - Medallion boarded with PREMIUM?!?!?

Heavens to Betsy!!!
Ha. I just re-qualified for DM! Figured I would take advantage of the opportunity to board early.
davetravels likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Shena is alive and well. There were about 30 people on the upgrade list on my ATL-MCO flight today. During boarding a DL captain comes on and takes the jump seat in the flight deck. At the end of boarding a flight attendant tells him to take the seat behind me in 5D.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
This is more likely YBYL than Shena. The GA put the Captain in the jump seat expecting First to board full. When it did not the GA did not pull anyone on the list up and FA told the jump seater to move to 5D which is their perogative after the door is closed.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Shena is alive and well. There were about 30 people on the upgrade list on my ATL-MCO flight today. During boarding a DL captain comes on and takes the jump seat in the flight deck. At the end of boarding a flight attendant tells him to take the seat behind me in 5D.
And...what flight number was that?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OHDL1
And...what flight number was that?
DL 1110
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Before you start I know, YBYL. But the gate agents could at least not lie to us.

DL1422 ATL to MEM. I'm #3 for two, at the end of sky asked the GA if there was a chance of an upgrade from someone not making it. We said she hadn't looked at that, and not to worry she would come on and get me.

Yeah, I'm in row 14 and the app shows a standby cleared into 1A and they are wearing what looks suspiciously like a DL employee ID around their neck.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by teCh0010
Before you start I know, YBYL. But the gate agents could at least not lie to us.

DL1422 ATL to MEM. I'm #3 for two, at the end of sky asked the GA if there was a chance of an upgrade from someone not making it. We said she hadn't looked at that, and not to worry she would come on and get me.

Yeah, I'm in row 14 and the app shows a standby cleared into 1A and they are wearing what looks suspiciously like a DL employee ID around their neck.
Are you sure that wasn't just someone who had a paid a confirmed F ticket and was assigned a seat at the gate. Was that standby cleared when you boarded or not? If no, then that was probably a non-rev as they get cleared last and I would complain to DL. The last time something like this happened to me, DL threw me some miles.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Cleared after I boarded and the ga had already processed 2 upgrades. Plus passenger in 1a was wearing a crew badge.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by teCh0010
Cleared after I boarded and the ga had already processed 2 upgrades. Plus passenger in 1a was wearing a crew badge.
Then send a complaint to DL, you might get some miles thrown your way.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:40 pm

Funny thing is I got home last night after having the GA say she would come on then not do it and upgrade a standby and I found my diamond packet in the mail. One of the bullet points is "a new gate upgrade process, to make sure if a last minute seat opens up you are in it" (or very similar, not looking at it).
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Interesting thing happened to me today. I was #5 with 1 seat available so I didn't even bother checking. I had checked my bag and boarded late...someone no showed and I got the seat. 3 people ahead of me were still on the list. I am pretty sure I was the #1 pax not using an instrument (not sure if that matters). I was shocked when a new BP was spit out .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.