Wiki Posts
Search

Android Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Very nice update. Thank you!

One feature request...

When I land at the hub I turn on my phone to find out three things.

1. The gate that we're taxiing to

2. The status of my connecting flight (delays, etc.)

3. The departure gate of my connecting flight

It would be nice if the app recognized that you're mid-trip and could provide that information in a single place with a single user action.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:39 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Nice progress. Anyone tried changing seats yet? I just went in and looked at the map but am happy with my assignments, so no changes made. Just wondering if it's more reliable than DL.dumb. I'm also a bit worried about accuracy. DL9 on 27 October, for instance, shows an almost empty Y cabin on DL.dumb. However, the Android app shows rows 31-35 being completely full, despite none of the CDE seats in those rows showing occupied on DL.dumb or EF

Also, still no fix to showing other airline flights with a DL prefix (MH2 showing up as DL2, KE908 showing up as DL908, etc.)
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Nice progress. Anyone tried changing seats yet?
yes, I did, as did firstglobal a few posts ago. I became FO since I booked my next flight, so I just switched to an exit row for the red-eye. Works well! ^
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by sheremetyevo
yes, I did, as did firstglobal a few posts ago. I became FO since I booked my next flight, so I just switched to an exit row for the red-eye. Works well! ^
Have you confirmed on DL.dumb that you're in the new seat? Given the inaccuracies I saw in the Android seat map, I'm curious if it's working properly.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 7:59 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: Delta Air Lines
Originally Posted by sheremetyevo
And one suggestion: the ability to look at itineraries off-line. I travel international, and it would be handy to be able to look at my itinerary when I don't have access to 3G networks or wifi.
There should be the ability for offline usage, I'll circle back with the team and make sure that we've got that working correctly.

Originally Posted by timetosave
Some more minor feedback. The "Contact" section only contains toll-free numbers which you can't call internationally. What about using the user's location to provide the phone numbers for Delta in the same country the user is in.
Definitely something to look at. I know that there is a strong desire to make that sort of information contextual to your current trip as well as making Sky Club information available and just as contextual.

Originally Posted by LarryJ
It would be nice if the app recognized that you're mid-trip and could provide that information in a single place with a single user action.
As with timetosave's suggestion about the contact numbers, this would definitely be something that we're looking at making more relavant and useful.

Given the inaccuracies I saw in the Android seat map, I'm curious if it's working properly.
What sort of inaccuracies are you seeing? If you're seeing any, please do let us know.

Danny, eCommerce / delta.com | Delta Social Ambassador
Connect with us at Twitter.com/Delta & Facebook.com/Delta
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
Have you confirmed on DL.dumb that you're in the new seat? Given the inaccuracies I saw in the Android seat map, I'm curious if it's working properly.
Yes, it works! Looks the same on .bomb as on the Droid seat map and all the changes are there. For what it's worth, all four legs of my flight are 757s.

Danny_DeltaeCommerce -- thanks for taking our feedback!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Danny_DeltaeCommerce
What sort of inaccuracies are you seeing? If you're seeing any, please do let us know.
Here's what I posted a few posts back, trimming down to the relevant bits:

I'm also a bit worried about accuracy. DL9 on 27 October, for instance, shows an almost empty Y cabin on DL.dumb. However, the Android app shows rows 31-35 being completely full, despite none of the CDE seats in those rows showing occupied on DL.dumb or EF

Also, still no fix to showing other airline flights with a DL prefix (MH2 showing up as DL2, KE908 showing up as DL908, etc.)
For additional data points, DL400 (ATL-MSP) on 30 October is very weird. App shows all of row 17 occupied, web shows only 17C occupied. App shows 13E unoccupied, while web shows it as occupied. This is not restricted to non-preferred seats, as 678C all show occupied in the app, while only 6C is occupied on the web. For absolutely crazy, look at DL40 on 30 October. App shows all but eight seats in rows 31-46 as occupied, when in fact only eight of them are actually occupied! This appears to be a pretty serious bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

The other one I note has perhaps less impact, but it should be really easy to fix!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:46 am

For additional data points, DL400 (ATL-MSP) on 30 October is very weird. App shows all of row 17 occupied, web shows only 17C occupied. App shows 13E unoccupied, while web shows it as occupied. This is not restricted to non-preferred seats, as 678C all show occupied in the app, while only 6C is occupied on the web. For absolutely crazy, look at DL40 on 30 October. App shows all but eight seats in rows 31-46 as occupied, when in fact only eight of them are actually occupied! This appears to be a pretty serious bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

The other one I note has perhaps less impact, but it should be really easy to fix!
Thank you for the heads up on this. You are right, what is showing on the map doesn't match what should be there. We are looking into it and hope to have it resolved quickly.

Old Jul 20, 2011, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
e-readers please delta app

@Danny_DeltaeCommerce Any chance you could look at this as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16760062-post58.html

There will be many many more of us with ANDROID wifi e-Readers that could use this. As a PLATINUM medallion member I sure would be a happy flyer!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
@Danny_DeltaeCommerce Any chance you could look at this as well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16760062-post58.html

There will be many many more of us with ANDROID wifi e-Readers that could use this. As a PLATINUM medallion member I sure would be a happy flyer!
What version of the OS does that device run? I tried doing some quick research and didn't see which particular version is installed. The current application supports 2.1 and higher.

And how would you normally go about installing applications on this device? The quick research I did said that while the Android Marketplace isn't installed on this device, you could go the route of installing the Amazon Marketplace and get applications from there. Right now we are not in the Amazon Marketplace but it is something that we are looking at.

Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
What version of the OS does that device run? I tried doing some quick research and didn't see which particular version is installed. The current application supports 2.1 and higher.

And how would you normally go about installing applications on this device? The quick research I did said that while the Android Marketplace isn't installed on this device, you could go the route of installing the Amazon Marketplace and get applications from there. Right now we are not in the Amazon Marketplace but it is something that we are looking at.

@Danny_DeltaeCommerce 1st off again thank you for your time!

I found a site that had the manual download of the:

com.delta.mobile.android_v1.5.apk

EDIT: The little unit runs an ARMv6 cpu with (Kernel version 2.6.27 PDUI@ANDROID)

I can not use the Android Marketplace as this is not a "phone" but an e-Reader. They will be millions more of these but most will have the updated OS and ARMv7 CPU. But, if you can make it work some way with OS 1.5 I sure would be a happy flyer!

Thanks for the post either way. "Keep Climbing" Delta - I love my airline!

Last edited by Renes Points; Jul 21, 2011 at 6:41 am
Old Jul 21, 2011, 5:19 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Just downloaded the 1.5 version of the Delta app to my Android phone last night. Last night, from the "Hi, mnbp" initial screen, I clicked on "Check in AAA to BBB". The link showed my flight but did not offer an option to check in for the flight. However, when I brought up my itinerary from "View my trips" screen, I was able to check in. Now that I am checked in, I can't test this again to see if I missed something originally.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
I'm having about a 50% success rate with viewing the seatmaps after upgrading to the newest version this morning. Also, a full seatmap key isn't visible.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:05 pm

We just released version 1.5.1 to address the seat map issue mtkeller brought to our attention. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
I can not use the Android Marketplace as this is not a "phone" but an e-Reader. They will be millions more of these but most will have the updated OS and ARMv7 CPU. But, if you can make it work some way with OS 1.5 I sure would be a happy flyer!
Using the web browser that is on the device you can go to Amazon market and load applications that way. At this point we aren't in the Amazon market, but we are looking into it.

But the biggest problem is that the e-reader is using version 1.5 and the application was written to support version 2.1 and higher.

Originally Posted by trek87
Also, a full seatmap key isn't visible.
For the seat key, there is an area to tap at the top of the area where the map is loaded that will display the seat key if you tap on it: Screen shot

Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:55 pm

We just released version 1.5.1 to address the seat map issue mtkeller brought to our attention. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention.
Thanks for resolving the problem so quickly, Danny! I can confirm that the seat maps for the flights I reported are showing up just fine now. If you keep up this good work, FT will be nominating you for rapid promotion to be in charge of getting IT issues at DL fixed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.