Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Android Delta

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by 18sas
Ok, thanks for the tip. I will give that a shot.

FWIW, the Fly Delta app did update itself mid-afternoon for me, but that hasn't made any difference.
The app data and cache doesn't get cleared when the app updates itself. That's why delete and re-install has a better chance of clearing up the jam.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by 18sas
Anyone having trouble logging into the Android app recently? I'm trying to and it just spins and spins after I enter my password.

I just had a Android OS update a couple of days ago, so that could be the culprit.
Yes, same issue after a software update.

I did a force close on the Delta app and has been working ever since.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by drminn
Reinstalling the app should solve the problem - I vaguely remember having this issue a few weeks ago, deleting the app and reinstalling solved it.
So an uninstall followed by a fresh install worked. Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by drminn
The app data and cache doesn't get cleared when the app updates itself. That's why delete and re-install has a better chance of clearing up the jam.
You can clear app data/cache in Settings > Apps > FlyDelta [or any app] > Storage, might be worth trying that before doing a full uninstall/reinstall if it happens again.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
No downside to uninstall / reinstall for the DL app.... all data comes back the first time you logon.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:34 pm

That is unless you credit your miles elsewhere and you have to manually enter each trip.

I have to manually enter each reservation every time I clear the App DATA/Cache, which is a PITA but worth it if it solves an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.