Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: Lotz
Are 85,000 SkyPesos better than 50K CO miles? I have about 30K MR now but thanks to spending and some presidents and native Americans will have 50K before the end of March.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by tassojunior
Are 85,000 SkyPesos better than 50K CO miles? I have about 30K MR now but thanks to spending and some presidents and native Americans will have 50K before the end of March.
Same question, I usually do 1:1 transfer from MR to CO. My home airport is SFO so I'm hoping to use these CO/UA miles for Asia.

For DL miles, I redeemed some for $100 AMEX GC (11K DL miles), doesn't seem like a very good value at 0.9c/mile?

50K CO miles or 75K+30%(?) DL miles w/25K MQM (is DL silver status useful if I'm in CA bay area?)
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by varsityd
Just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks. I just transferred 57k MR points from my platinum into my skymiles, and got 45,6k bonus miles for a total of 102,6k miles, plus 25k mqms. This is great. Really, really pleased with this. Thanks to the community for organizing this information.
Hrmm, I would love to xfer to do an award ticket to Sydney in First Class from DCA, looks to be 240k whopping points in the june/july time frame, yikes!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA, CO, Delta, AA, BA, Hilton, Starwood, Marriott
FYI, I registered for the 50% first and then the 30%. The 50% hit my Skymiles account instantly while the 30% promo did not show up unitl 24 hours later. I did the transfer tonight, both bonus showed up in my Skymiles account immediately.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by krpjr
Hrmm, I would love to xfer to do an award ticket to Sydney in First Class from DCA, looks to be 240k whopping points in the june/july time frame, yikes!
You can probably get it for 150k if you are flexible with dates and call Delta for V Australia availability.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:28 pm

Ok, first timer here..so 50k is max which I can advance out from amex MR card? thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:30 pm

Do you have to do the Platinum? (I don't use Delta much)

You can get 25K MR from the Premier Gold AmEx CC opening bonus and another very easy free 30K MR from the FX International Payments promo if you have a business card (SPG, Delta Gold, etc.) and a business checking account (Suntrust or Chase!).

http://www201.americanexpress.com/bu...ional-payments

Also Fidelity is giving 25K MR for new account ("$50K" deposit)

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AX01

Last edited by tassojunior; Jan 24, 2011 at 10:08 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:54 pm

Programs: United/CO, AAdvantage, Hilton Diamond , Delta Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott & PC Plat
Thank you again Flyertalk !

Never had any status on any airline, only with one hotel company - Hilton. Now thanks to this thread I have both the 50% & 30% Delta transfer bonuses showing up in my Delta account and got approved for the Amex Platinum card. Only a transfer away from being Delta SM until 2/28/13. Not only that but I believe as an added bonus with the Amex Platinum card you get Airport Club / Lounge access, Starwood Gold and other benefits. Never even stepped foot in an airport lounge / club, but will over the next 12 months ! Just changed my profile to reflect the upcoming status in Delta and Starwood.

So basically after using 680K in two years out of 1.1M Hilton points and not really having any airline points, I'll have 180K Delta, 151K American and when UA & CO combine their programs 75K with them. Also thanks to Flyertalk I'll have 50K Starwood and 200K Priority Club ( once I complete the CTC promo ). I only travel 1-2 times per year for business but usually take 2-3 good personal trips on top of that. Without Flyertalk I would only have Hilton status for the Amex Surpass 40K+ yearly spend. So just amazed that in 18 months i was able to accumulate the other points / status in a bunch of programs. Obviously I am not the typical person here and that is what makes Flyertalk get me the most bang for my buck !!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Need some help here.

I have been trying to apply online for the Platinum AMEX card for the past 2 days but no success. I always got the error msg at the end telling me about the website having difficulties. So, I called today and the 4th AMEX csr told me that this promo (earning 50k MR points) ended January 10th! Well, I complained about "why would you have a live link online and waste my time trying to register online if the promo has expired?".

So I wonder if I can get up to 50k MR points...I have about 30k from the Premier Rewards card..maybe I get to 35k by mid February. I do not qualify for this International FX payments promo.

My wife has about 27k MR points, can she transfer some to my account?
Any other ways to get me about 15k MR points quick?

Any suggestions welcome, thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Thanks Again

Yup Sez Who it all seems to be working just fine

Any idea how long it takes for the FO status to show

The 25K MQMs showed up right away
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Need some help here.

I have been trying to apply online for the Platinum AMEX card for the past 2 days but no success. I always got the error msg at the end telling me about the website having difficulties. So, I called today and the 4th AMEX csr told me that this promo (earning 50k MR points) ended January 10th! Well, I complained about "why would you have a live link online and waste my time trying to register online if the promo has expired?".

So I wonder if I can get up to 50k MR points...I have about 30k from the Premier Rewards card..maybe I get to 35k by mid February. I do not qualify for this International FX payments promo.

My wife has about 27k MR points, can she transfer some to my account?
Any other ways to get me about 15k MR points quick?

Any suggestions welcome, thank you.

Fidelity new account. Susposedly $50K deposit in 30 days. (see threads)

Gives you 25KMR pretty quick.

https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=AX01

and there's always presidents and American indians.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Follow up:

I gave it another try and now the application went through and I was approved online...Crazy amex computer systems. I bet you the csr was going to give some points for my troubles. She was adamant that this 50k MR promo ended on January 10. In true FT fashion, I tried again and succeeded:-)

How long does it take to receive the card? I am on a week long trip on February 1st!
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
Any idea how long it takes for the FO status to show

The 25K MQMs showed up right away
It will show up tomorrow.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Smile For those who donot want Platinum card

I am one of those people who do not want to spend $450 annual fee for Platinum card and still want to get this deal. Well I myself have already received both 50% and 30% bonus, now I am trying to get this for my wife. Here is what I am planning to do -

Apply for AMEX MR Gold card for 25k bonus after $1k spend, no annual fee for first year (see pgary's website). Then I am planning to request another 5k MR points for adding extended payment option (see frugaltravelguy blog from 01/18/2011). Advance 15k MR points towards future purchases and spend $5k in first month (including $3k in coins, $1k every 10 days). This will put my wife at 50 k MR points in one month (~ end of Feb, beginning of March). 30% offer is still valid till 03/31/2011 so I should be able to pull this off. Here is the current status of my plan and what all can go wrong -

Status - I applied for the gold card today for 25k MR offer, got approved instantly.

Cons - 1. 5k extended payment may/maynot be offered. If it is not offered, I will have to negotiate with them or work on alternative.
2. 15k MR advance may or maynot be available. It depends upon on how long you have had the card or how long you have been AMEX customer. Ofcourse, card is new but she has been AMEX customer for a long time.
3. I maynot be able to reach $5k spend in one month.

I see all of the risks mentioned above are realistic however I still believe I have nothing to loose. I am not paying ANYTHING and will still get atleast 25k MR points at the end of the day. Even if we miss the 30% bonus offer, we can still reach 50k points by 05/31/2011 (4 months from now) and still avail the 50% bonus offer with Silver status.

Sorry for a long story, this is where I learnt all this from and just wanted to share my strategy with others here.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:13 pm

The option for extended payments (which gets you 5K MR) shows up a little after you first get the card, not right away. You have to keep checking with them to see if it's available to you yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.