Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by cmcdanie
-----------------------
Sorry for bumping this issue again - I appreciate all the the advice - FT responses are so much more informed than Amex themselves.
You are fighting a losing battle.

Just apply for some new AMEX Platinum card which can give 50 K points after 1 K spend. These points can offset your negative balance. Once you get 50 K points (usually within a month), cancel it and you will not incur any fees. AMEX Mercedes Benz is one card. And if you don't have any spending to do, just buy some free after rebate software. Staples has some. You can also get airlines $200 GC. So $200 GC + 50 K points for little time and effort. Keep it easy and simple .
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by gv111

Just apply for some new AMEX Platinum card which can give 50 K points after 1 K spend. These points can offset your negative balance. Once you get 50 K points (usually within a month), cancel it and you will not incur any fees. AMEX Mercedes Benz is one card. And if you don't have any spending to do, just buy some free after rebate software. Staples has some. You can also get airlines $200 GC. So $200 GC + 50 K points for little time and effort. Keep it easy and simple .
Or the regular Platinum charge card, which has a somewhat lower fee than the MB one. The best public offer is for 25K MR points, but I can refer you for the 50K offer. PM me if you'd like.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by gv111

Also if you guys happen to have a AMEX business charge card (non platinum), they seem to have a promotion wherein you can upgrade to a Business Platinum card and get 25 K MR points upon first purchase. So if you guys have any such business card, you may want to check your online account and/or call customer service for such an offer. Of course once you get the 25 K points, you may cancel the card or convert into the non platinum version . Hope these ideas help you save $$$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.