Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It's Baack: AmEx MR Transfer w/25K MQM's

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Amex actually charges 2.5 cents a point, so 50,000 = $1,250
Thanks for fixing my math! I actually pulled that number from another advance calculation.

You can transfer points basically from any MR account to a Skymiles account. You just need to *link* the Skymiles account in your MR account.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by daveland
I would say with almost 100% certainty the agent was incorrect. The promotion needs to be active on the account the points go INTO. Nothing else matters. You can't make you account active for the promo so you won't get the MQMs.
Yep. Before I did the real transfer I called back and got the news that unless I can get the promo to show I will not get credit.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Yes. I am PM and my wife is SM. Both show when we login the 11k price for a $100 gift card as you can see in photo!
I'm wondering if that's the case for everyone though? I called in and they randomly checked someone that had silver and they were seeing 13,500. So its different depending on the skymiles account if you are seeing 11,000.

What I am planning on doing is transferring a couple hundred thousand points, getting the 50% bonus, and then cashing out in american express gift cards. I want to figure out how many points it would cost me per $100 if I do the MQM bonus and get silver status (right now its showing 36,000 without silver).
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:09 pm

Just wanted to drop a quick note of thanks. I just transferred 57k MR points from my platinum into my skymiles, and got 45,6k bonus miles for a total of 102,6k miles, plus 25k mqms. This is great. Really, really pleased with this. Thanks to the community for organizing this information.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:15 pm

Thanks FT community. I hope it works out.

I did the transfer, and the miles have posted to the delta skymiles account. I'm not seeing Silver Medallion Qualification status on my account though, and the fine prints say, "Medallion Qualification Miles will be awarded to qualifying members within 4 weeks of the end of the promotion."

How long does it usually take? I hope it doesn't take that long. If the promotion ends in May, then it's quite a long wait!

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Jan 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:24 pm

I signed up for the 50% bonus, as well as the 30% bonus, in that order. Made sure that the promotions are active on my account. I then transferred 75K MR points. All this was done in quick sequence about 2 hours ago.

The miles appeared immediately, and I got the 50% bonus as well, but no 30% bonus.

In addition, I got the 25K MQM. However, I still see that I need 19000 miles to redeem for a $50 Amex GC. So I am guessing that it takes some time (overnight?) for the MarketPlace to recognize the Silver status.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:30 pm

I transfered on 50k on Sat but nothing has posted yet to my Delta SM acct. I signed up for the additional 30% on Sunday morning when I saw it on here too. Are both promotions showing in peoples My Skymiles promotion area? Mine is only showing the 50%, but if I try and reapply for the 30% it says I am already registered in that promotion...

Obviously I am hoping to get both, but I need them to transfer soon so I can book a ticket. How long does this transfer normally take ( I was told 24hrs when I called Sun). Where are the points now? My AMEX is showing they are gone, but Delta isnt showing them there...Since they havent transfered into Delta as of now, any chance of getting both?

EDIT:
Both promotions are showing on my acct as of a few minutes ago. Miles still havent transfered yet. I think I will be a little more patient now

Last edited by barnburner; Jan 24, 2011 at 1:45 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by barnburner
Where are the points now? My AMEX is showing they are gone, but Delta isnt showing them there...Since they havent transfered into Delta as of now, any chance of getting both?
Some people get the miles and bonuses (both 30% and 50% and MQMs) instantly while others need to wait.

My hypothesis is that you need to let the Delta/Amex systems sync up for a day or two before transferring if you want the instant posting bonuses.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:54 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by barnburner
I transfered on 50k on Sat but nothing has posted yet to my Delta SM acct. I signed up for the additional 30% on Sunday morning when I saw it on here too. Are both promotions showing in peoples My Skymiles promotion area? Mine is only showing the 50%, but if I try and reapply for the 30% it says I am already registered in that promotion...

Obviously I am hoping to get both, but I need them to transfer soon so I can book a ticket. How long does this transfer normally take ( I was told 24hrs when I called Sun). Where are the points now? My AMEX is showing they are gone, but Delta isnt showing them there...Since they havent transfered into Delta as of now, any chance of getting both?

EDIT:
Both promotions are showing on my acct as of a few minutes ago. Miles still havent transfered yet. I think I will be a little more patient now
Sorry, if you signed up for the 30% bonus AFTER you transferred, my guess is that your chances are 0% that you will get the 30% bonus. You must be registered BEFORE the transfer to get the bonuses.

You already "transferred" but you need to have them "credited." Normally this is instantaneous but maybe the delay will work in your favor and you get the 30% bonus when you shouldn't have.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by fti
Sorry, if you signed up for the 30% bonus AFTER you transferred, my guess is that your chances are 0% that you will get the 30% bonus. You must be registered BEFORE the transfer to get the bonuses.

You already "transferred" but you need to have them "credited." Normally this is instantaneous but maybe the delay will work in your favor and you get the 30% bonus when you shouldn't have.
Hey it was worth a try. I had not seen the 30% before I transferred and certainly wouldnt have thought you could do both. Maybe your right and the delay will work in my favor. ^
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:45 pm

I'm a little confused. I signed up for an AmEx Platinum and got 50,000 points. I have a Delta American Express that I was supposed to get 25,000 miles for once I made my first purchase I think it was (I'm still waiting on those miles though). I think they said it takes up to 4-6 weeks. Are these just regular miles, or MQM;s?

I just signed up for the 50% bonus when you transfer points. So correct me if I'm wrong, but your saying to advance 50,000 points from AmEx to SkyMiles, get an addition 25,000 for the transfer, then where are the 25,000 points that give you Silver status coming from? What did I miss?

I'm also confused about where these $1 coins are coming into play?

UPDATE: I re-read, if you transfer 50,000 or more points, they give you 25,000 MQM's. Your using the coins to activate the 50,000 RP bonus in the AmEx to payback the advance. Makes sense now. Guess it's just a matter of what I want more, miles, or RP. I think for me, it's the miles.

Last edited by TravelingMan82; Jan 24, 2011 at 4:56 pm Reason: UPDATE
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingMan82
Still confused about the coins. Are you buying the coins, then just turning them into the bank, and paying off the coins to re-coup the cost of the advance?
I believe what it is referring to was that you can buy coins from the mint to quickly make the $1000 spend on the amex platinum that earns the 50k points.

And if you don't mind lugging coins around, you can buy a lot of coins to build MR for whatever reason.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:05 pm

To get both 30% and 50% I think it might be important to register for the 30% before the 50% because I registered for the 50% first and when I look at my list under "view your skymiles promotions" under account management, I only have the 50% and the MQM in my list. I then tried registering for the 30% again but it says I already registered, but it does not show in my list of registered promotions. I won't be doing the transfer for about a week. I'll report how it shakes out then. I'm guessing I'm only going to get the promotions it shows me as registered for, the 50% and the MQM.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
To get both 30% and 50% I think it might be important to register for the 30% before the 50% because I registered for the 50% first and when I look at my list under "view your skymiles promotions" under account management, I only have the 50% and the MQM in my list. I then tried registering for the 30% again but it says I already registered, but it does not show in my list of registered promotions. I won't be doing the transfer for about a week. I'll report how it shakes out then. I'm guessing I'm only going to get the promotions it shows me as registered for, the 50% and the MQM.
FYI, I registered last night for the 50% (first) and then the 30%. The 50% hit my Skymiles account almost instantly while the 30% promo did not show up until late today. Check your account tomorrow and the 30% should be there.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by amexman
FYI, I registered last night for the 50% (first) and then the 30%. The 50% hit my Skymiles account almost instantly while the 30% promo did not show up until late today. Check your account tomorrow and the 30% should be there.
Ok, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.