Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL/Marriott/Hilton/IHG Gold
No problem booking flights to New York, LGA from CVG online. Be sure to start from the certificate page and click redeem first.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:09 pm

Skymiles on Air Tahiti Nui / ExpertFlyer questions

Hello All-
New to FlyerTalk. I recently learned that you can use skymiles to book flights to PPT on Air Tahiti Nui so I thought I would give it a go. After reading on here and other sites about ExpertFlyer, I also signed up to give that a go.

My question- when a flight is showing availability on ExpertFlyer does that mean it is bookable by calling Delta? I am trying to book a flight in August '19 that shows availability on ExpertFlyer, but the Delta Medallion reps are telling me I can not book anything later than July '19 currently.

If so, how do I go about it and if not, when are Air Tahiti Nui flights opened for award with skymiles?

Thank you!
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
No problem booking flights from MSP to SLC in Jan and Feb.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
Wife and I booked both of our companion certs from CHA-ATL-SLC-MFR-SEA-ATL-CHA back in July. But it was only good for one set of days that week. We were flexible to match thus saving us about $1300 for the two seats for our daughters.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
I have a co worker who is going to let his Companion Cert expire. I was reading in the T&C's that the cert is transferable, does anyone have experience with transferring the cert? For these purposes, the owner of the cert would not be flying.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KRUXED
Hello All-
New to FlyerTalk. I recently learned that you can use skymiles to book flights to PPT on Air Tahiti Nui so I thought I would give it a go. After reading on here and other sites about ExpertFlyer, I also signed up to give that a go.

My question- when a flight is showing availability on ExpertFlyer does that mean it is bookable by calling Delta? I am trying to book a flight in August '19 that shows availability on ExpertFlyer, but the Delta Medallion reps are telling me I can not book anything later than July '19 currently.

If so, how do I go about it and if not, when are Air Tahiti Nui flights opened for award with skymiles?

Thank you!
DL only does,booking 330 days or less out.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
I have a co worker who is going to let his Companion Cert expire. I was reading in the T&C's that the cert is transferable, does anyone have experience with transferring the cert? For these purposes, the owner of the cert would not be flying.
Discussed somewhere in this thread. Cert can be booked for anyone but requires that the "owner" of the cert log in to his/her DL account to make the booking (or be willing to give their credentials to someone). Must pay with Amex but it can be any Amex card.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 6:26 am

Thank you FlyerCO!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:43 pm

KLM Baggage Allowance on SkyMiles Award ticket

Any help much appreciated.
Booking o/w OSL-MME economy Europe with some old SkyMiles but unable to get definitive answer on baggage allowance from either KLM or Delta. I'm assuming there is no baggage allowance in economy so I would have to travel J to get anything included. For 2 bags at 23kg KLM are quoting E30 + E75 if it was booked through their Flying Blue programme which is absolutely ridiculous. Would it be the same if booked through SkyMiles?
Thank you everyone!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by everybodyreach
Any help much appreciated.
Booking o/w OSL-MME economy Europe with some old SkyMiles but unable to get definitive answer on baggage allowance from either KLM or Delta. I'm assuming there is no baggage allowance in economy so I would have to travel J to get anything included. For 2 bags at 23kg KLM are quoting E30 + E75 if it was booked through their Flying Blue programme which is absolutely ridiculous. Would it be the same if booked through SkyMiles?
Thank you everyone!
Same costs. Who you book through doesn't matter. Since it's KLM marketed (as all awards are) KLM bag policy applies.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AP 35K
Hello! I'll be flying with Delta for the first time at the end of this month (YVR-LAX-SAL). I was just wondering what would give me a better value? Collecting WestJet dollars or Delta SkyMiles? I don't have any miles accumulated with Delta yet, and just have a couple of WestJet dollars from some RBC promotion in the past. Cheers!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if so please let me know where would be the right place to ask this. Thanks!)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by flyingpbandj
Hello! I'll be flying with Delta for the first time at the end of this month (YVR-LAX-SAL). I was just wondering what would give me a better value? Collecting WestJet dollars or Delta SkyMiles? I don't have any miles accumulated with Delta yet, and just have a couple of WestJet dollars from some RBC promotion in the past. Cheers!

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if so please let me know where would be the right place to ask this. Thanks!)
Depends on your future plans and which airline (or in case of DL, SkyTeam alliance) you are likely to fly more. Collect your miles/points/dollars whereever you are most likely to accumulate more and thus get to a meaningful useful balance.
flyingpbandj likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Sky Club access, ATL, Arriving Int'l Partner First?

Please advise. Will I be allowed to access the Sky Clubs in ATL on my following itinerary:
Scenario 1
Arrive Korean Air first class from ICN
Depart DL domestic economy class

Scenario 2
Depart AA domestic economy class

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AAJetMan
Please advise. Will I be allowed to access the Sky Clubs in ATL on my following itinerary:
Scenario 1
Depart DL domestic economy class

Scenario 2
Depart AA domestic economy class

Thank you in advance.
Yes to #1 and should be yes to #2 . However the agent may at first think of the STE+ rules.

DL will let you into the SC on a J/F ticket upon arrival as long as you can get past security to it.

Thus, #1 will be clear access, #2 you get access, but may have to argue with agent.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Thank you FlyerCo! Looking forward to visiting all the SC lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.