Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Utskicat
@RealHJ I think this is exactly the info I need. I am trying to book YYZ-DL/JFK-CI/TPE-CI/SYD-CI. Dullta.com will pull up YYZ-JFK-TPE for 85K and TPE-SYD for 65K. EF shows good O business inventory as well, so its not phantom. I called DL tonight and got what I think was a decent agent. She manually sold the segments in Axis YYZ-TPE and TPE-SYD, but it returned error that no valid award fare existed (didn't even break the fare additively). If she put in a longer than 24 hour conx in TPE, then it would price additive with fare break in TPE at 85K+65K. She dug into the fare rules for CSM850 (YYZ-AKL Award fare basis) and found that acceptable routing is only North American gateways. TPE not a valid routing. She spoke to a collegue who said TPE is not a valid fare routing on anything from US/CAN O&D. Not sure if I really believe that from other posts here.

1) From some posts here, I am wondering if the YYZ-JFK on DL was creating a married segment issue? I would be fine to remove it and sort another way to get from YYZ-JFK.
2) I really want to find 85K miles in O class from NA to SYD. I know TPE is a long ... trip, but the J hard and soft product on CI sounds amazing. In your post above, you mention holding the agents hand through the process. I worked at DL in college so I know the lingo and Deltamatic and could probably explain the process respectfully. Is this "process" you mention somewhere here, if so can you give me the post # or link? Otherwise can you sum up the CI with Skymiles award booking process for me to pass on?

Thanks so much for your help!
Unfortunately as of a few years ago, you cannot route to Australia via Asia (it's outright silly, even from HNL you have to backtrack to LAX 6+ hours and then fly over HNL back again and can't go the more direct way via TPE, ICN, NRT, KIX, NGO, FUK, PVG, etc.). So, what you are trying to do is not valid routing on a through fare. It has to be broken up, so if you want it, you need to book it as a broken fare, or if that doesn't work then as two separate tickets. Sorry.. but you can't route to South Pacific via Asia anymore.

Alternatively, book your award to SIN, KUL, CGK, DPS or some such nearby location (through fare). Then book an LCC from there to SYD; those flights are cheap.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
You have to make the reservation from your logged-in account, and you have to pay with an Amex.

But you don't have to be one of the travelers, obviously.

And be careful which traveler you put first; only that one will accrue MQM, MQS, and MQD.
So you can't just give it away to a random person? I have one expiring in 2 weeks that I won't be able to use.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Youngmiler
So you can't just give it away to a random person? I have one expiring in 2 weeks that I won't be able to use.
Not without giving them your account login info, no.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 7:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Obviously you didn't.
I want to make sure I understand this - In post #1022 drvannostren posts something they thought they knew and you then reply immediately after in post #1023 with the correct info. Later in post #1026 drvannostren then quotes you and thanks you for your info and you feel the need to then go back to their op, quote it, and post this snarky nonsense?

Do you know how many times I've seen other posters correct you (of course you try and argue only to still be corrected), yet you feel the need to pull this 'holier than thou, I know everything about everything,' and remind someone who was appreciative of your help that they were yet again wrong? Find something to do with your life because you have way too much time on your hands.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:17 pm

Is 140k miles for Delta One from Tokyo to SFO one way a good deal?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by baydude
Is 140k miles for Delta One from Tokyo to SFO one way a good deal?
If you like paying double the price then yes.

(Really depends on how badly you want to burn your SlyMiles and how low is your value on them...)
akcae likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But, typically, that segment (NRT-SFO in D1) can sometimes be had for, I think, 70K.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 4:20 am

Transferable companion pass expiring

I have a transferable companion pass expiring 8/31. Would like to let someone take advantage of it and would appreciate anything in return
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Yzhou2
I have a transferable companion pass expiring 8/31. Would like to let someone take advantage of it and would appreciate anything in return
transferable, yes, but "Companion Certificate may not be bartered or sold."
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
With a little flexibility, I was able to use a companion certificate to book SJC-PIA flights over Thanksgiving. Given the very high price of airfares around the holiday, I've found this to a be a great annual value.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Anyone notice a change in the issue date for new certificates? Normally these have been issued to me approximately 4 weeks before card's annual renewal. I am now within 2 weeks of annual renewal but have not yet received a new reserve certificate.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Been trying to book MSP to MSY for a while without luck. Its a flight for May 2019 so I think I have some time yet
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:24 am

I've normally not had a problem with these, buy lately when trying to check for a set of flights, it'll let me select the outgoing flight, and then the website gets stuck loading the return flights and never lets me see anything. Don't think it's a lack of availability since that normally shows before it lets you choose any flights. Starting to get annoying too since it's been going on for a couple of weeks for me.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
But, typically, that segment (NRT-SFO in D1) can sometimes be had for, I think, 70K.
I thought the new low for D1 US-N Asia was around 95K.... Used to be 80K.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lucycan
Been trying to book MSP to MSY for a while without luck. Its a flight for May 2019 so I think I have some time yet
what issue are u having?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.