Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:45 pm

Has anyone booked award flights on China Southern or China Eastern? I'm looking for flights in July 2018 and all the agents I call couldn't book any flight (either long haul or within China). There's availability online (which changes everytime I refresh the search), but none of it's bookable. The agent said that they don't release seats until last minute in case they can sell it. Anyone else have similar experiences? Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:52 pm

Yes. I have booked JFK-CAN-HGH for friends end of Nov last year on both China Southern and China Eastern w/o any issues. 90K oneway and fee at about $135, tho. Still much better than 160K-240K oneway on delta metal.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hamburglar
Has anyone booked award flights on China Southern or China Eastern? I'm looking for flights in July 2018 and all the agents I call couldn't book any flight (either long haul or within China). There's availability online (which changes everytime I refresh the search), but none of it's bookable. The agent said that they don't release seats until last minute in case they can sell it. Anyone else have similar experiences? Thanks.
What the agent said is hogwash. It's just an excuse on why the agent cannot explain why the dumb DL IT award booking system doesn't work.

It used to be CZ tix booked flawlessly and MU always had issues. Lately it's been both for me.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Having trouble redeeming SkyMiles on economy class for Atlanta to Stockholm

Is Delta Airlines having issue with SkyMiles Redemption on Air France and KLM on economy class booking? I've been trying and looking both on delta.com and on its app to book a ticket to Stockholm or Copenhagen using SkyMiles and the only Redemption it is indicating, is Delta one business class Redemption. Is Delta not allowing SkyMiles Redemption on economy class for air france-klm any longer? There seems to be no economy class Redemption for air france-klm or even Virgin Atlantic out of Atlanta using SkyMiles
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Phantom Inventory China Eastern

Originally Posted by mnredfox
What the agent said is hogwash. It's just an excuse on why the agent cannot explain why the dumb DL IT award booking system doesn't work.

It used to be CZ tix booked flawlessly and MU always had issues. Lately it's been both for me.
I'm having issues with booking SYD-DEL in J. The website shows 80k available o/w on China Eastern, but after seat selection, cc info etc. has been entered, it goes "Uh-Oh" seats unavailable. The phone agents go through a similar process.

Is there another way to figure out what inventory is actually available to be booked via Skymiles, or is the DL website the only way to go? Asking so I can be armed with better information while speaking with the phone agent.

Many thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by knit-in
I'm having issues with booking SYD-DEL in J. The website shows 80k available o/w on China Eastern, but after seat selection, cc info etc. has been entered, it goes "Uh-Oh" seats unavailable. The phone agents go through a similar process.

Is there another way to figure out what inventory is actually available to be booked via Skymiles, or is the DL website the only way to go? Asking so I can be armed with better information while speaking with the phone agent.

Many thanks!
I started using Expert Flyer, but I don't know if that matches with Delta's accessibility.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:05 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

I started using Expert Flyer, but I don't know if that matches with Delta's accessibility.
Yes it will. If you have any specific questions please email us.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:22 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Has DL completely blocked business awards on all GA flights? Tried using the app, website, and call center for flights T-331 days out for HND/NRT/ICN-CGK/DPS and CGK-DPS but absolutely nothing despite wide availability in coach. But lo and behold Flying Blue is showing some business availability.

Booked a trip last May for August HND-DPS via CGK and availability was wide open, probably best I've seen. Any idea why DL would do this on GA specifically?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Is that a subscription only function on Expert Flyer ?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
Is that a subscription only function on Expert Flyer ?
Just signed up for the free trial, and it looks awesome! ^

So with the availability I see on Expert Flyer, I can call Delta with those specific flights and Delta will be able to book them?

FWIW, the China Eastern inventory I am seeing daily on Delta doesn't show up on ExpertFlyer.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
FWIW, the China Eastern inventory I am seeing daily on Delta doesn't show up on ExpertFlyer.
Most likely because dullta.com is lying to you (that is the one thing that DL truly excels at), and the inventory is not - and has not been there for a long.
Did you try to book it? If you do, it'll instantly error out after the checkout/payment page...but still will keep showing up in search results, of course.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Most likely because dullta.com is lying to you (that is the one thing that DL truly excels at), and the inventory is not - and has not been there for a long.
Did you try to book it? If you do, it'll instantly error out after the checkout/payment page...but still will keep showing up in search results, of course.
Yeah, that is what brought me to this thread in the first place. It is ridiculous.

Many thanks!
The other thing that bothers me about Delta awards is the complete lack of transparency. If I do end up finding award inventory for my SYD-DEL via expert flyer (probably/ hopefully on CZ), there is no telling how many miles Delta will charge for it.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:13 am

I am seeing inventory on Expert Flyer SYD-TPE-DEL on CI (separate searches). I am also seeing this availability on Delta as two separate one-way awards. Will Delta agents be able to combine these two separate segments to one SYD-DEL itinerary or will I have to book two separate o/w awards SYD-TPE and TPE-DEL?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I am seeing inventory on Expert Flyer SYD-TPE-DEL on CI (separate searches). I am also seeing this availability on Delta as two separate one-way awards. Will Delta agents be able to combine these two separate segments to one SYD-DEL itinerary or will I have to book two separate o/w awards SYD-TPE and TPE-DEL?

Many thanks!
So long as there is a published fare (revenue fare) then it should not book it point to point (ie two one ways).
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
So long as there is a published fare (revenue fare) then it should not book it point to point (ie two one ways).
Yes, CI sells SYD-DEL that connects in TPE as a revenue fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.