Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Only 153 days till Christmas! ^
Old Jul 25, 2010, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Italy98
Only 153 days till Christmas! ^
And for those of you who like counting, you may not even be aware that WesNSpace added a countdown timer that looks like this:

For the lastest update, simply look at the right side of page at the Official Event Web Site.

Speaking of counting down, here are the latest registrations updates. We have added the dinner "events" for Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. If you are planning to attend those dinners, then please update your regsitration so we can get an accurate headcount. (hint: The evening events last year were fantastic - they are a must-attend event) Thanks everyone!

Finally, want to know if your favorite FlyerTalk member is attending this event? Simply click here for the most up-to-date list of which FlyerTalk members will be there.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by atldlff
And for those of you who like counting, you may not even be aware that WesNSpace added a countdown timer that looks like this:

For the lastest update, simply look at the right side of page at the Official Event Web Site.

Speaking of counting down, here are the latest registrations updates. We have added the dinner "events" for Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. If you are planning to attend those dinners, then please update your regsitration so we can get an accurate headcount. (hint: The evening events last year were fantastic - they are a must-attend event) Thanks everyone!

Finally, want to know if your favorite FlyerTalk member is attending this event? Simply click here for the most up-to-date list of which FlyerTalk members will be there.
Speaking of dinner, what is the appropriate attire for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday night? Tie and tails for the gents and ballgowns for the ladies?
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Speaking of dinner, what is the appropriate attire for dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday night? Tie and tails for the gents and ballgowns for the ladies?
I hope so
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I think tie and tails/ballgowns is a bit formal for Waffle House
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Simply dress nice and casual for comfort, but please do not wear such items as shorts, torn shirts or “flip-flops” when attending dinner.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
I think tie and tails/ballgowns is a bit formal for Waffle House
Might bring a little class to the WH.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Simply dress nice and casual for comfort, but please do not wear such items as shorts, torn shirts or “flip-flops” when attending dinner.
Thank you.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
please do not wear such items as shorts, torn shirts or “flip-flops” when attending dinner.
Well we can't attend the daytime events due to the mandatory white glove and bootie requirements.

And now we can't even attend the dinners as I wear shorts 24/7/365 and my Hawaiian shirts are now a bit torn and tawdry due to the economy.

Anybody up for a few Waffle House dinners as an option? I'm sure we'd all be welcome there.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:21 pm

A bit early but let me be the first to wish Cholula

Feliz cumpleaños

Tanti Auguri e Buon compleanno

Χρόνια πολλά

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag

יום הולדת שמח
Old Jul 25, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Cholula
Anybody up for a few Waffle House dinners as an option? I'm sure we'd all be welcome there.
Well, both Waffle House and Chick-Fil-A were both "founded" in ATL. Therefore since we have very little to offer you at the Delta Air Lines event, I would suggest that you consider the following:

Thursday:
Friday:
Chick-Fil-A Day - the first Chick-Fil-A (Dwarf House) was actually in Hapeville, GA, which is a town that is a direct neighbor to the ATL airport.
I am sure someone can arrange for a coporate visit, and perhaps a one-on-one interview with the Chick-Fil-A cows.

I believe that all of the above Venues do NOT require white gloves or booties, and shorts and Hawaiian Shirts are more the acceptable (even if they are slightly torn).

Now Saturday and Sunday, you will be on your own, but we may be doing something of interest over on Virginia Avenue.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Now I know what I do with this old bottle of fermented yak juice.
Sure I'll try anything once.... and sometimes ONLY once. My mantra is you have one life better try everything.

Originally Posted by atldlff
Well, both Waffle House and Chick-Fil-A were both "founded" in ATL. Therefore since we have very little to offer you at the Delta Air Lines event, I would suggest that you consider the following:

Thursday:[LIST][*]The Waffle House Museum - click here for more details.[*]A tour of the Waffle House Corporate Offices located in Norcross.
For real a museum?!?!? Heck yeah!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
For real a museum?!?!? Heck yeah!
Count me in! I would rather go to a Waffle House museum than a Delta museum!

Do they sell TPT dolls -- or, even better, real TPT women?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:47 pm

Has anyone suggested T-shirts with:

Road Warrior Training

which we could wear going to and returning from the ATL DO?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I think it would look nicer like this:

Road Warrior Training

DELTA GUARANTEES WEARER OF THIS T-SHIRT AUTOMATIC BIZ ELITE UPGRADES ON ALL INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS

Old Jul 26, 2010, 1:02 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Has anyone suggested T-shirts with:

Road Warrior Training

which we could wear going to and returning from the ATL DO?
The process for this began some time ago, but without the words Road Warrior Training.

Who told you about it?
Originally Posted by Dovster
I think it would look nicer like this:
I vote against your idea, if only to avoid the traumatic sight of Delta Air Lines personnel forcing you to remove that shirt off of your person every time before you board the aircraft of an international flight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.