Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by bennos
Ah, yes. I had the lasagna.
That certainly explains it... don't you think?
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
After all, how could we ever even hope to possibly top the following ideas and suggestions:
Let's just hope Delta is trying to be 'Best in Class'
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:44 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Italy98
Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide." ~Napoleon Bonaparte
“If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.”
— Gary Lee Weinrib, 1980
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by BobRoss
Will Oprah be there? "Everyone gets a jet! You get a jet! You get a jet, and you get a jet! Everyone. Gets. A. Jet!"

I think it's DL's secret plan to divest all the unwanted Comair CRJ100/200s
Well, I remember ASA retired their last Embraer Brasilia in 2003, but I never heard what happened to them. Hmmmm...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
We are currently scrambling on coordinating the best way to make this work — as it may involve some major schedule changes — but we believe it will be well worth it...
I am arriving from TLV on the morning of Oct 19. I am flying to LAS on Oct 25, again, in the morning. The TLV-ATL-LAS segments (in Biz Elite and FC) are award tickets at the "Low" rate. Indeed, they are probably the only "Low" tickets on this route until April, 2037.

(The LAS-TLV return is at the "Medium" rate.)

There is no way in heck I am changing them.

On top of that, I have a week's stay at the Planet Hollywood in Vegas during which 5 nights are comped and the remaining two given at a very reduced price.

Feel free to make as many major schedule changes as you want, as long as everything remains available between my above-mentioned arrival and departure.

Anything outside of those dates would have to involve FAs of my choice and activities which would get me banned both from FT and Delta if I were to discuss them here.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by ADLFO
Well, I remember ASA retired their last Embraer Brasilia in 2003, but I never heard what happened to them. Hmmmm...
Hmm. I like the idea of that.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by BobRoss
Will Oprah be there? "Everyone gets a jet! You get a jet! You get a jet, and you get a jet! Everyone. Gets. A. Jet!"

I think it's DL's secret plan to divest all the unwanted Comair CRJ100/200s
Could they include refurbishing each to the new owner's specs? Might be a nice ride reconfigured for about 10 passengers.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
I am arriving from TLV on the morning of Oct 19. I am flying to LAS on Oct 25, again, in the morning. The TLV-ATL-LAS segments (in Biz Elite and FC) are award tickets at the "Low" rate. Indeed, they are probably the only "Low" tickets on this route until April, 2037.

(The LAS-TLV return is at the "Medium" rate.)

There is no way in heck I am changing them.

On top of that, I have a week's stay at the Planet Hollywood in Vegas during which 5 nights are comped and the remaining two given at a very reduced price.

Feel free to make as many major schedule changes as you want, as long as everything remains available between my above-mentioned arrival and departure.

Anything outside of those dates would have to involve FAs of my choice and activities which would get me banned both from FT and Delta if I were to discuss them here.
Nobody said anything about going beyond the announced dates, so that should be no problem.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by scoow
Could they include refurbishing each to the new owner's specs? Might be a nice ride reconfigured for about 10 passengers.
Having been on a private CRJ, I can say they are much more comfortable to be on a VIP 8-10 passenger configuration than the flying soup can configuration that Delta (and United and US Airways and Continental) all seem to enjoy.

Maybe that's the surprise - no more 50 seat CRJs - flying the CRJ is now going to be comfortable in a VIP configuration with all the free Woodford you can drink!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:50 am

On second thought, I am not sure we should post the announcement at all, atldlff.

After all, how could we ever even hope to possibly top the following ideas and suggestions:
Two words: REAL CHEESE

(Unless of course getting to race the jet-bridges is ACTUALLY a possibility!)
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by Burj
(Unless of course getting to race the jet-bridges is ACTUALLY a possibility!)
What?!? It might not be?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by fsfguy
What?!? It might not be?

Maybe they are bringing in some people who know how to entertain FlyerTalkers -- I've never had so much to drink before 9 a.m. ... and between 4000 and 10000 feet, give or take a couple thousand.

This was just a mundane party flight. The second group got to experience the 757-200's potential for vertical takeoff.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm
Old Jul 30, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
— Gary Lee Weinrib, 1980
I think that quote could be shared with a TalkBoard discussion ongoing.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by atldlff
Oh... you are such a teaser Canarsie. I will say this - it wasn't OUR idea, the incredible team at Delta pulled this together themselves, and I think they are even more excited about it than we are... OK, maybe just as excited as we are!

Guess everyone will just have to wait until next week:

Which day next week?

— Gary Lee Weinrib, 1980
I did choose and decide. I will be at the DO.
Old Jul 31, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Just head over to http://www.atldo.com/index.php/registration and add yourself to the waitlist.
How long does it take to get a refund from cxcl on RWT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.