Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Mini-DO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I'm interested, but the final date will be my constraint. 24th is probably easier for me.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
There is this DO in the works.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Italy98
There is this DO in the works.
Quite aware...this is a mini-DO.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I'm going through ATL on the 24th on my way to ONT - could schedule a longer layover before my 700p 757 to the West Coast.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Date looks good to me - count me in as tentative pending final times. My flight out leaves at 713p and I will need to SDC to a longer ATL layover from MSP.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by mersk862
Date looks good to me - count me in as tentative pending final times. My flight out leaves at 713p and I will need to SDC to a longer ATL layover from MSP.
I thought the new date was not set yet?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Nevermind, I just realized that a new date was set up, thanks so much Zsmith for setting it up on a Saturday!!! I'm very interested in attending.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:12 pm

Glad the date is set...will see if I can make it... I'm definitely interested but just a matter of making scheduling work... I assume the plan is to do something in/near the airport?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Although I would love to attend, I'm taking DL to OMA (of all places I might go) that weekend for another event.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 8:55 pm

Damn!! Wish I could make this and meet some folks in an "unofficial" setting.

I'll be living out of my Land Cruiser that week in the San Rafael Swell in Southern Utah.

Be kind to SMI folks.....

Best.
-b-
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now that the date is fixed (Saturday evening, April 24, right?), can we have an approximate location? Downtown, Buckhead, Midtown, near airport, etc.? Any convenient hotel recommendations? What do other out-of-town people plan to do about hotel reservations? (Please make it Starwood.)

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 21, 2010 at 2:57 am
Old Mar 21, 2010, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Now that the date is fixed (Saturday evening, April 24, right?), can we have an approximate location? Downtown, Buckhead, Midtown, near airport, etc.? Any convenient hotel recommendations? What do other out-of-town people plan to do about hotel reservations? (Please make it Starwood.)
It will be near the airport for sure. You've got Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Renaissance, Red Roof, Comfort Inn, Hyatt Place, and Courtyard...all on or around virginia ave. There's some others but I can't think of them now.
Yes, April 24 that evening is the set date.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 11:21 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
April 24 is now officially blocked on my calendar to attend the mini-DO.

Small request to all planning to attend, please bring a business card and shove it in my hand with your FT handle printed on it if you feel comfortable doing so as we meet. THIS IS 100% VOLUNTARY AND AT MEMBER PERSONAL LEVELS OF COMFORT. No motives here except to know how to connect with you off-line in the future if we need to follow-up on postings.

Some members from past DOs have volunteered information in the past and it has been helpful to my responsibilities in participating on FT. (Example: if a very specific situation has been posted but we are not able to replicate it, I have been known to ask follow-up questions so that we can get accurate information.)

Looking forward to meeting any that will be attending!

SkyMilesInsider
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bummer I can't make it as I will be out of the country. Have fun all, wish I could meet the famous SMI/NW Scoop 1.0.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I will be in Los Angeles on April 24, so I will not be able to attend.

Although it is not near the airport, I would recommend Prime in Lenox Mall for dinner. That is where we all had dinner last June at the main event, and we already indicated interest in having dinner there again this year. The food and service were excellent, yet the prices are reasonable. Dress in jeans or in a suit or dress; either way is fine.

As April 24 is a Saturday, there should be no traffic problems. The ride from the airport to Prime is 20 minutes at the most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.