Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Mini-DO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
PM'd zsmith2, but I will be at the SkyClub to meet up with everyone.
Old Mar 25, 2010, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Just a friendly bump reminder!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:15 am

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
This sounds like a great time, but could you please define what a "Mini-DO" is? Sorry for being ignorant on this one. Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Ugh, super expensive weekend for some reason. Booked - $500 less $260 in e-certs

Outbound: San Francisco, CA (SFO) to Atlanta, GA (ATL) on Sat, 24 Apr 2010
7:10am
SFO 2:49pm
ATL Nonstop
Delta 1786
Boeing 767
In-Flight Services Coach (K)
Requested 4 hr 39 min

Return: Atlanta, GA (ATL) to San Francisco, CA (SFO) on Sun, 25 Apr 2010
8:42am
ATL 11:05am
SFO Nonstop
Delta 1065
Boeing 757
In-Flight Services Coach (K)
Requested 5 hr 23 min
edit: no exit row seats on the outbound, I sure as heck better get upgraded...
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: Army Air- Triple Diamond, HH Diamond, DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by spudley007
This sounds like a great time, but could you please define what a "Mini-DO" is? Sorry for being ignorant on this one. Thanks!
I was (and still am) ignorant as well, but did some searching and found this:

"Do" is a (goofy) term for a gathering of FlyerTalkers. The first one, according to legend, was organized by Catman. Catman-do...I get it...haha.... I much prefer "Meet" or "Thing", but that's just me. Do's come in many flavors: Micro, Mini and Mega are the most often used. Mega-Do is reserved for the largest events, some of which have exceeded 500 in attendance. Micro-Dos could be as small as a foursome for golf.

Sounds like a GREAT idea, count me in, if you can stand an Army guy amonst your presence...
Old Mar 26, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer
Sounds like a GREAT idea, count me in, if you can stand an Army guy amonst your presence...
Beware, the Navy got here first! (Well, retired, anyway).

Old Mar 26, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Army Air- Triple Diamond, HH Diamond, DL Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Tom Williams
Beware, the Navy got here first! (Well, retired, anyway).

Hmmmmmmm.... 14 June 1775 comes before 13 October 1775, doesn't it?? DOOOH! See you there!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 6:10 pm

I'm still interested but as I am flying overseas earlier in the week I probably won't be able to make it...I'll keep an eye out on my schedule and ticket prices..

I had been hoping to do the return of my overseas trip through ATL but the mini-DO got moved from the 17th to the 24th so that thew a spanner into those plans!

Hopefully if I don't make the min-DO I'll be able to make the big one in May(?)
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer
I was (and still am) ignorant as well, but did some searching and found this:

"Do" is a (goofy) term for a gathering of FlyerTalkers. The first one, according to legend, was organized by Catman. Catman-do...I get it...haha.... I much prefer "Meet" or "Thing", but that's just me. Do's come in many flavors: Micro, Mini and Mega are the most often used. Mega-Do is reserved for the largest events, some of which have exceeded 500 in attendance. Micro-Dos could be as small as a foursome for golf.

Thanks, appreciate the help. I might just have to swing on by.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Request zsmith2 put two of us down as "confirmed" for Prime. Unless something out of the ordinary happens, we will be there. However, we are unlikely to be able to attend the prelims in the SC.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

This will serve as a last call for those who want to join us for the DL mini-DO dinner in ATL. If I haven't confirmed you already on the list let me know. Also, we might do a private dining table with a set menu but just depends on the final number.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Mr. and Mrs. Majorwibi would like to attend but since we would be using our flight benefits to get from SLC to ATL we wont know until closer if we can attend.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by majorwibi
Mr. and Mrs. Majorwibi would like to attend but since we would be using our flight benefits to get from SLC to ATL we wont know until closer if we can attend.
Would be great to have you! Let me know when time gets closer as I'm sure we can squeeze you in.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Can you head over to the Thrashers practice and tell them to win a couple games? If they make the playoffs, I might be able to make it.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SomeGuy
Can you head over to the Thrashers practice and tell them to win a couple games? If they make the playoffs, I might be able to make it.
Even if they get in, it is not unlikely that they will already have been eliminated by the weekend of the 24th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.