Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Mini-DO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Hotel

Is anyone staying at a Hilton hotel nearby to the restaurant? I've never been to ATL and I'm curious to know about what's closest etc.
I'll be using points and they are with Hilton
Old Apr 22, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
There are two:

1. Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead (Four blocks to Prime)
3285 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
Tel: 404-261-7733

2. Doubletree Hotel Atlanta-Buckhead (Six blocks to Prime)
3342 Peachtree Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
Tel: 404-231-1234

Both have free hotel shuttles to/from Lenox Mall where Prime is.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by belle3388
There are two:

1. Embassy Suites Atlanta - Buckhead (Four blocks to Prime)
3285 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
Tel: 404-261-7733

2. Doubletree Hotel Atlanta-Buckhead (Six blocks to Prime)
3342 Peachtree Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
Tel: 404-231-1234

Both have free hotel shuttles to/from Lenox Mall where Prime is.
Belle, Thank you so much!!! I went ahead and booked at the Embassy Suites.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Starwood, Hyatt Diamond, PC Amb Plat, AA, Delta Gold
Mrs Nub is excited she has been begging to attend a "DO" for a while. I hope this counts as an anniversary present for her. We are celebrating seven years on Sat.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by Juanefny
Belle, Thank you so much!!! I went ahead and booked at the Embassy Suites.
Not at all, Juanefny.

Originally Posted by monitor
There are going to be a few of us (at this moment three) who will be meeting for an early brunch at the Lenox Grill in the Mall. Right now our tentative starting time is 1030 and if there is anyone who would like to join us, please post and we will reserve a table large enough for everyone.

However if there is anyone who who would need us to start a bit earlier in order to be able to come over and still get to a flight or other appointment, we could probably arrange that.

Brunch list as of this post:

belle3388
Franny
monitor
Reminder bump.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Saturday afternoon may be a rough time to travel to ATL:
http://www.ajc.com/news/storms-could...re-485963.html

Watch the weather and maybe SDC to an earlier flight?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
There are going to be a few of us (at this moment three) who will be meeting for an early brunch at the Lenox Grill in the Mall. Right now our tentative starting time is 1030 and if there is anyone who would like to join us, please post and we will reserve a table large enough for everyone.

However if there is anyone who who would need us to start a bit earlier in order to be able to come over and still get to a flight or other appointment, we could probably arrange that.

Brunch list as of this post:

belle3388
Franny
monitor
I cant make any promises, but I'll try to be there, too. I have some girls coming in town tonight for the Luna Halo gig at Vinyl. As it's been literally YEARS since we've seen each other, it might be a very late night!! If I can crawl out of bed, I'll show up.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
early ATL arrivals

It looks like a small group of us are scheduled to arrive well in advance of the 4:30 SC meet-up in A17. I propose that whoever is interested join together for an informal unofficial pre-meetup also in the A17 SC. I know several of us are on flights from MSP and DTW just before 2, plus ifette almost an hour later. Our fearless and inspired organizer (and his +1?) also plans to arrive around 2 from RDU IIRC, but he may have other plans and commitments before the larger official meet-up at 4:30. My personal plan is to go from my plane to the club, have a drink and hang out a bit, maybe about an hour, and then begin to head off by MARTA to my hotel which is very near Prime.

I haven't been in the A17 (but I love the upstairs one in A which is closed on weekends) SC in years, so I don't know its layout or how crowded it's likely to be on a Saturday afternoon, but I guess the best thing is for the first arrival to stake out about a half dozen comfortable seats near the bar and ideally near a window with a view of airplanes. I don't know what I'll be wearing, but I'm a "Diamond in the Wild" in that I usually display my DL glow-in-the-dark luggage tag as well as this year's SPG gift tag on my carry on bag.

The weather looks like it could be a bad day for flying tomorrow. I hope everyone's already been upgraded.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
For those coming to the SC, I'll let the attendant know that whoever asks about "the flyertalk group" just to point them in our direction.
Looks like one of our fellow DOers got an OP-UP from TXL!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Unfortunately, I will have to pass. Company requires that I travel on the cheapest flights home, which happen to be the 0540 departure from FLL tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It looks like a small group of us are scheduled to arrive well in advance of the 4:30 SC meet-up in A17. ...

The weather looks like it could be a bad day for flying tomorrow. I hope everyone's already been upgraded.
I hope the weather would be good. LGA-ATL, but the reason I can actually arrive is b/c my JFK-AMS was cancelled (TB rebooked for next week, I think). So, if I get two cancelled...

Got the upgrade See you all @ SC A17
Old Apr 23, 2010, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Looks like I'll be staying at the Grand Hyatt Buckhead. I couldn't pass up priceline!
Old Apr 23, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
Originally Posted by zsmith2
For those coming to the SC, I'll let the attendant know that whoever asks about "the flyertalk group" just to point them in our direction.
Looks like one of our fellow DOers got an OP-UP from TXL!
yes, 2/2 this year and 6/7 last year on TXL-JFK, not so bad :-)
i am in Atlanta now, see you all tomorrow.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Gah, I can't even remember my last op-up. I think it was in 2002?

I'm in V on DL 1786, but 1499 leaves an hour earlier (6am) and is still F4 (V0). Might SDC depending on if the flight has already boarded by the time I get there and what the upgrade list looks like .

Anyhow, as it stands, will arrive at 2:49p so I will just head to A17 and see who's there. (BTW, if anyone needs someone to guest you in, let me know.)
Old Apr 24, 2010, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond

Brunch list updated:
Definite:

belle3388
Franny
monitor
BondAir007
Probable:

MemphisQueen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.