Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New "Sky Priority" Benefits for High-Revenue Elites to be Announced Spring 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Sky Priority" Benefits for High-Revenue Elites to be Announced Spring 2010

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by bwhite
Many do but technically aren't supposed to:

Medallion Benefits Scroll down to "Priority Baggage Handling" - Elite Plus (PM/DM) only

I think it may be more of any new thing being applied inconsistently as opposed to rolling out SP benefits ahead of the program.
I think that bottom part needs to be updated, as it says for international flights (which was the case with PMDL), while it's been rolled out to all flights now as of February-ish.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by USirritated
Silvers and Golds are Sky Team Elites, and Platinums and Diamonds are Sky Team Elite Pluses, so what's the problem?
Did you read the quote on my post?

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
There are absolutely no considerations made for PM's flying in coach to access the Business elite check in lane at the check in counter at overseas airports. The big red sign you see at the check-in counters simply says 'business elite check in' only.
Using the Business Class check in lane/counters is a SkyTeam benefit.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
I googled SkyPriority delta and came across something of low value but interesting, the trademark for Sky Priority for Delta and what they noted as the value/service offering.

http://www.trademarkia.com/sky-priority-77839190.html
Old Apr 10, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Maybe that means they are very close to the rollout of the program now?
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:01 am
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by USirritated
Maybe that means they are very close to the rollout of the program now?
See this thead for details.

SkyMilesInsider
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Typical Delta - lots of hoopla over very little substance

With the exception of the free drink if you're in coach, there is nothing new here that I wasn't getting already (as a NWA Plat).

NWA at least awarded Plats 1K everytime you sat in coach and were not upgraded - I would have rather had that than a free drink.

Oh, as usual, DL promises more than it delivers. I don't see the free internet in the SkyPoop offering, and don't really expect it to materialize.

Big bark, little bite....
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
No kidding, way to go DL just re-organizing and renaming some benefits that we already had. Underwhelming to say the least.

Originally Posted by bostonbali
With the exception of the free drink if you're in coach, there is nothing new here that I wasn't getting already (as a NWA Plat).

NWA at least awarded Plats 1K everytime you sat in coach and were not upgraded - I would have rather had that than a free drink.

Oh, as usual, DL promises more than it delivers. I don't see the free internet in the SkyPoop offering, and don't really expect it to materialize.

Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Very typical. It's amazing that it hasn't even started yet but you critize the program you have yet to try? Yes, NWA did alot of things but it's time to move on. I think your grieving process is over....
This might help: http://helpguide.org/mental/coping_d...ip_breakup.htm
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:06 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Very typical. It's amazing that it hasn't even started yet but you critize the program you have yet to try? Yes, NWA did alot of things but it's time to move on. I think your grieving process is over....
I have appreciated most of your posts until this one zsmith2...if Delta wants to have a best in class elite program they would do well to take some clues from the NW program.

I am not grieving, just living in the system that the Delta execs think will keep us loyal. And that system is not going to work long term.

Constructive criticism welcome, unlike your post.

Last edited by bkmn; Apr 10, 2010 at 7:07 pm Reason: emphasis
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
As I've said, there are a couple of nice things about the program, but they are incremental and hardly seem to justify the hoopla, the rebranding, the new signage, and the millions of dollars undoubtedly spent on this campaign. Basically it boils down to:

• Improved baggage handling for GM+ and non-elite HVCs
  • Snack/drink coupons for un-upgraded GM+ (OLCI only)
  • Possible degradation of some existing FO benefits (jury still out)
  • Unnecessary and possibly disastrous changes to boarding process (hopefully to be reconsidered)
  • Hinted-at free Internet not happening at this time

If I'm missing something, I would appreciate being corrected. FWIW, I'm not ex-NW but I am ex-DL.

This is not meant to be a criticism but an observation that there has been a lot of sizzle but (as yet) not much steak.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by bkmn
I have appreciated most of your posts until this one zsmith2...if Delta wants to have a best in class elite program they would do well to take some clues from the NW program.

I am not grieving, just living in the system that the Delta execs think will keep us loyal. And that system is not going to work long term.

Constructive criticism welcome, unlike your post.
My comment was not towards you but to what was quoted from the poster. Sure NWA had some good ideas but continueing to bash Delta and cry how good NWA isn't going to do any good and isn't "constructive criticsim". Posters are already bashing this program and it hasn't even rolled out!

Last edited by zsmith2; Apr 10, 2010 at 7:20 pm
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Uh, since they have detailed exactly what the program is going to be, after hyping it for several weeks, we are perfectly justified in saying "where's the beef?" If you want to categorize that as bashing, fine. But I really don't understand why you think we should have to wait until the program actually starts. DL has told us what it is and many of us think it stinks. As others have pointed out, the change in boarding is actually a degradation in benefits for Diamonds. If there were one thing I would really appreciate as a Diamond it would be a call just for Diamond (and all of first/business) like UA does for UGS.

Posters are already bashing this program and it hasn't even rolled out!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
While I still have an open mind, and I will reserve judgment until I next fly on Wednesday, 4/14, I have to say that on balance, I am generally disappointed with what I have seen so far. To me, it seems to be a repackaging of what we have already, with some new titles, and a couple of added window dressing items (drink/snack coupons, yellow baggage tags), along with a couple of changes that will either be trouble (FC/BE/DM/PM/GM/STE+ all boarding in zone 1), or make people unhappy (unknown or unclear check-in and other benefits for FO), or both. I hope that it turns out better than it looks like on the computer screen, if it does, it will be great.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:55 pm

And I am still waiting for what I THOUGHT was promised to be a part of this new program, FREE WI FI, at least while in F.

NOTE - Never mind that to Hawaii and internationally, DL has NOTHING at all for WI FI, paid or unpaid, and for a flight that might last 7 - 17 hours, that is ridiculous, because the technology does exist!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:29 am

Programs: Delta Plat
The only way you can get wifi on international flights is with sat which isn't good for an airplane.

can you imagne, flying througha cloud you lose your signal, plane turns you lose signal. The technology is there but its so unreliable it hasn't taken off even for stationary locations like homes, plus its too damned expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.