Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New "Sky Priority" Benefits for High-Revenue Elites to be Announced Spring 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AmEx DL Reserve Card, Marriott Rewards Platinum, SPG Platinum

I booked two TATL BE tix tonight (paid on company dime) and the Platinum Skymiles Service Agent told me that Delta will be launching a new program called SKY PRIORITY sometime in Spring 2010 that will offer extra perks and benefits to Delta's high-revenue elites. She wouldn't share any specifics, but said that Delta wants to recognize/reward high revenue customers such as myself (my annual spend on Delta is $75K+). I'm not sure I'll be holding my breath, but it will be interesting to hear the details of the announcment.

Last edited by ATLgal; Jan 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Makes some sense with Exec Partner going away that they'd do something to try to cater to the high revenue elites. I wonder if it would be anything along the lines of Continental's recent announcement regarding PresPlat...
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Yes this will be launching on March 1 to all DM, PM, GM, ST Elite+, and FC/BE pax. Here are some of the benefits:
"Benefits will include a Priority Call Center; curbside check-in and expedited security checkpoints at some airports; priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling; Priority Baggage Service Offices; Irregular Operation Centers; as well as coupons for amenities, such as free onboard Wi-Fi."
This program will be rolled out in phases throughout the year.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Yes this will be launching on March 1 to all DM, PM, GM, ST Elite+, and FC/BE pax. Here are some of the benefits:
"Benefits will include a Priority Call Center; curbside check-in and expedited security checkpoints at some airports; priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling; Priority Baggage Service Offices; Irregular Operation Centers; as well as coupons for amenities, such as free onboard Wi-Fi."
So it basically sounds like a re-affirmation of a lot of the DM/PM/GM benefits, plus some free coupons. If it means those folks get free wi-fi now, then I'm happy.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Makes perfect sense. Why give somebody who spent $10k to get 100k miles the same privileges as somebody who spent $50k to get 100k miles? With the devaluation of elite programs on US carriers, expect to see more emphasis on dollars spent rather than miles flown. ^
Old Jan 19, 2010, 4:56 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by AGSF
Makes perfect sense. Why give somebody who spent $10k to get 100k miles the same privileges as somebody who spent $50k to get 100k miles? With the devaluation of elite programs on US carriers, expect to see more emphasis on dollars spent rather than miles flown. ^
But the post above says that it will be for all DM/PM/GM/STE+. Doesn't sound like a revenue-based program at all, unless zsmith2 is incorrect.

And in any case, it appears that the only new benefit is free wifi. For sure I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down for free wifi. If I spent $75K/year on my flights, what's another $360 a year ($29.95 x 12) for wifi?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by fti
But the post above says that it will be for all DM/PM/GM/STE+. Doesn't sound like a revenue-based program at all, unless zsmith2 is incorrect.

And in any case, it appears that the only new benefit is free wifi. For sure I wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't be jumping up and down for free wifi. If I spent $75K/year on my flights, what's another $360 a year ($29.95 x 12) for wifi?
+1.. I was thinking the same thing.. Something is not right here.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
+1.. I was thinking the same thing.. Something is not right here.
There's going to be more meat to this...you all have to hold tight!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Ah! You mean.... SERIOUS MEAT! You must mean....a password-enabled page on DL.COM that will log SPE into the promised land, a place where award bookings can be made in a straightforward, prompt manner, all in accord with published SM levels!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Note to self: check with accounting to see what my total spend was last year.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Any tier above DM will be a complete 180 from SkyMilesInsider's most recent posts.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 5:58 pm

+1...I just spent nearly an hour reading over the Sky Priority information....and there
will be plenty to follow through out 2010 and forward.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:25 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
and alot more than this to come...

Employees are getting the info now... I'm sure more will trickle out sooner than later...

Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Wink Where's the beef?

Where's the beef?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where%27s_the_beef%3F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wh...commercial.jpg
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:50 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
[SIZE=1]Any tier above DM will be a complete 180 from SkyMilesInsider's most recent posts.
I was thinking the same thing.

In any case, I am definitely "platinum lite" if there is such a thing. So I might get the free wifi mentioned above but don't expect anything based on revenue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.