Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New "Sky Priority" Benefits for High-Revenue Elites to be Announced Spring 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Sky Priority" Benefits for High-Revenue Elites to be Announced Spring 2010

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I am a bit confused as to Silver's using the SkyPriority lane but not being on the sign. How are they supposed to know they can use the lane?
Or is it just a lesser evil of Silver's can't initially use the lane until the other elites have boarded?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Maybe you forgot that DMs get first shot at upgrades 5+ days out?
Yes speculation is exactly what this board needs.
And usually six and sometimes seven days out. ^
Originally Posted by mdb
Remember - this is flyerTalk - flying is secondary to status and upgrades!!
LOL
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Wow,

I've read several hundred of these posts. Im ready to add my two cents.

Im a DM, and whats most important to me when i fly coach is priority boarding. With all the extra fees associated with checking bags, more and more folks are vying for overhead bins and space runs out fast, vey fast.

Priority check-in. When was the last time you actually had to use a check in counter to check in? For me, its been over a year since I had to actually go to a check in counter. For the few times I couldnt use OLCI, I did however, use the kiosk.

Well, the few times I did need a check in counter was for when I was in Europe or Asia and I was on a coach ticket. As a PM and in coach, I found myself in the painfully slow and long coach check in lane/line while the BE lanes were nearly empty. If priority check-in will allow for those changes, to allow DM/PM's on international coach tickets to use the BE lanes, that will help.

Priority baggage: my take on that is, I stopped checking baggage and have mastered the art of carry-on only, even if I'm away for two weeks. After two bad experiences with DL and dealing stolen items, lost or delayed baggage, no more checking in baggage for me. If my baggage doesnt come out of the carousel to begin with.....

Priority security: Huge, dont want to lost this as a DM.

Free GoGo: Would be nice. So would more AC power outlets at more coach seats.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm probably not going to be considered a HVC to Delta, and I'm still leery of losing some bennies. I'm most likely the kind of DM that delta hates . I am very cautious wiith my travel budget, and I'm able to achieve DM with spending less then 10K a year So, my feeling is that sky priority is not exactly geared towards people such as myself.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Mar 29, 2010 at 11:30 am
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Saw a yellow priority baggage tag today that said in big letters Sky Priority where it had said Delta/First Class/World Business Class on it...looks like new tags are making their way into the system now...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
I'll be the first to admit, I'm probably not going to be considered a HVC to Delta, and I'm still leery of losing some bennies. I'm most likely the kind of DM that delta hates . I am very cautious wiith my travel budget, and I'm able to achieve DM with spending less then 10K a year So, my feeling is that sky priority is not exactly geared towards people such as myself.
I do not believe there is any chance you will be losing benefits as either a PM or a DM, which you are now. As a matter of fact, I would be very surprised if you did not consider Sky Priority as an enhancement of your benefits six months from now. Hopefully you will let us all know what you think about that in six months!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by mersk862
Saw a yellow priority baggage tag today that said in big letters Sky Priority where it had said Delta/First Class/World Business Class on it...looks like new tags are making their way into the system now...
Which reminds me... when did Delta change from green to yellow? I started to notice this around December I think. Will be watching to see what sort of tag I get in NRT tomorrow...
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, JAL MB
Originally Posted by ifette
Which reminds me... when did Delta change from green to yellow? I started to notice this around December I think. Will be watching to see what sort of tag I get in NRT tomorrow...
Hmm... I didn't get any priority tag at NRT today. Didn't care to ask about it.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Green vs. Yellow priority tags seem to be correlated to whether the station was largely legacy Northwest or not. Here in Seattle, I get green tags most of the time instead of yellow. If you look closely, you can see the difference: green tags say "world business class", while the yellow tags say "businesselite".

I expect as stocks of the green tags are depleted, we'll see all the stations standardize on the yellow ones.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by ifette
I've been getting yellow priority luggage tags since December in Fort Lauderdale, and SOME of the other airports I travel through. In other airports I get no priority luggage tags at all, even now, go figure?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by raehl311
Sure it does. One more J fare adds nearly 3x the profit as one more Y fare. (Well, not an ACTUAL Y fare, which is often 2x to 3x a discount J fare...)

Have to remember that any additional seat sold goes pretty much straight to the bottom line as the marginal cost of selling one more seat is very low.
No No No. I am afraid you don't get it.
If that were true, there would be a an upward pressure to increase the number of business class seats.
Given a configuration, it's always better to sell a business class seat than a coach seat. But the cost of the space occupied by that seat is nearly 3x the cost of space used to provide a coach seat. When coach is overold. coach pax are bumped to business class. When a 747-400 is oversold in coach but has seats available in business class, it means that selling a coach seat was five times easier than selling a business class seat.
It's better for the next (incrementally speaking) seat that's sold to be a business seat, as the loss from not selling a business seat is more than the loss from not selling a coach seat, because the investment in a business class seat is higher. The airline has to work a lot harder to provide a bsuiness class service than coach service.
Suppose you have 10 high quality diamonds, 40 each exquisite rubies and emeralds, 100 garnets and a million beads. Your priority for selling would be
diamond>rubies and emeralds>garnets>beads.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 6:17 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by raehl311
I am a bit confused as to Silver's using the SkyPriority lane but not being on the sign. How are they supposed to know they can use the lane?
Or is it just a lesser evil of Silver's can't initially use the lane until the other elites have boarded?
I'm really going to be pissed if this is the case. I used my PM choice to gift my wife silver so when she does travel for work (rarely and usually a few k short of Silver which she won't MR for) so she could get on early and get space for her bags. If all the other medallions get on before her this main reason for me doing this is gone and I WANT MY CHOICE BACK. Pay attention Delta!
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jfulcher
I'm really going to be pissed if this is the case. I used my PM choice to gift my wife silver so when she does travel for work (rarely and usually a few k short of Silver which she won't MR for) so she could get on early and get space for her bags. If all the other medallions get on before her this main reason for me doing this is gone and I WANT MY CHOICE BACK. Pay attention Delta!
Haven't you heard? The next enhancement to the program is going to be making every resident of the US a DL Silver Medallion.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Haven't you heard? The next enhancement to the program is going to be making every resident of the US a DL Silver Medallion.
I had heard that since DL is the largest airline IN THE WORLD, that DL is going to be making every resident of every country where DL flies a DL Silver Medallion, hadn't you heard that?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't care much about all the stuff that we do not have but today, for the second time in two weeks, I got super special consideration from a phone agent.

They know who you are and they will do what more than they ever could do before in order to make you happy. It reminds me of the glory days of the US Chairman's Desk at Winston-Salem.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Wow,

Priority check-in. When was the last time you actually had to use a check in counter to check in? For me, its been over a year since I had to actually go to a check in counter. For the few times I couldnt use OLCI, I did however, use the kiosk.

Well, the few times I did need a check in counter was for when I was in Europe or Asia and I was on a coach ticket. As a PM and in coach, I found myself in the painfully slow and long coach check in lane/line while the BE lanes were nearly empty. If priority check-in will allow for those changes, to allow DM/PM's on international coach tickets to use the BE lanes, that will help.

Sky Team Elite Plus (as a PE on NWA) allowed check in at the First Class or Business counters for the ST partners. Didn't DL have this too? Don't understand why you stood in the Y check in lines as a PM. In Europe and here in the US, I had gone straight to the F/B lines of the ST partners when I had flown in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.