Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 3:06 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Do you or a friend have a September birthday? Try your luck:

2,500 mile version of the monthly birthday bonus is now live for September birthdays: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/bdaysept/

2,000 mile version: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/septbday/

1,500 mile version: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/sept_bday/

If you haven't checked your Delta profile recently, go to Profile, then scroll to the bottom of the default About Me tab. They've cleared out some information to refresh TSA-related stuff (at least on some profiles I manage), so be sure your birthday is saved correctly. Could be used for targeting birthday bonuses.

No matter what, if you don't get an email saying you are qualified for the promo, try to register during the valid period (usually begins a week before the promo month) for your applicable birthday month anyway. Start with the highest mileage offer, then work your way down. Can't hurt. Don't, however, expect that you'll necessarily qualify. Delta may very well have criteria beyond simply having a birthday, and it's their prerogative to do so. Remember - it is a bonus, not an entitlement. Seek birthday bonuses from another airline if you aren't happy with Delta's!

* NOTE TO FLYZABIT : The summary page currently lists just two link formats for birthdays. The past few months have seen the three above. Might I suggest updating to include all of them (2,500, 2,000, and 1,500 mile offers)?

Last edited by mooper; Aug 28, 2011 at 3:33 am
Old Aug 28, 2011, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Do you or a friend have a September birthday? Try your luck:

2,500 mile version of the monthly birthday bonus is now live for September birthdays: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/bdaysept/

2,000 mile version: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/septbday/

1,500 mile version: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/sept_bday/

If you haven't checked your Delta profile recently, go to Profile, then scroll to the bottom of the default About Me tab. They've cleared out some information to refresh TSA-related stuff (at least on some profiles I manage), so be sure your birthday is saved correctly. Could be used for targeting birthday bonuses.

No matter what, if you don't get an email saying you are qualified for the promo, try to register during the valid period (usually begins a week before the promo month) for your applicable birthday month anyway. Start with the highest mileage offer, then work your way down. Can't hurt. Don't, however, expect that you'll necessarily qualify. Delta may very well have criteria beyond simply having a birthday, and it's their prerogative to do so. Remember - it is a bonus, not an entitlement. Seek birthday bonuses from another airline if you aren't happy with Delta's!

* NOTE TO FLYZABIT : The summary page currently lists just two link formats for birthdays. The past few months have seen the three above. Might I suggest updating to include all of them (2,500, 2,000, and 1,500 mile offers)?
I have a birthday in September and got an e-mail last week for the 2,000 offer.

What's interesting is that my wife, whose birthday is NOT in September, also got an e-mail for the 2,500 offer.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I have a birthday in September and got an e-mail last week for the 2,000 offer.

What's interesting is that my wife, whose birthday is NOT in September, also got an e-mail for the 2,500 offer.
A) Did you try to sign up for the superior 2,500 point offer instead or as well, and if so, what happened?

B) Did you try to sign your wife up for the 2,500 (or any of the other) offers, and if so, what happened?

C) Did you verify what birthday is showing in your wife's account, and just as importantly, what email addresses are listed in the accounts (I'm wondering if there's any way she received an email actually meant for a different account in your family where a September birthday is valid... it's often that parents, for example, will use their email addresses for children's accounts.)
Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
[QUOTE=mooper;17012666]A) Did you try to sign up for the superior 2,500 point offer instead or as well, and if so, what happened?

I received the 2,000 mile offer in email and signed up. First I tried the 2,500 mile offer and I was told that I was not eligible. So I will take the 2,000. It is better than nothing, which is what I usually get when I try to sign up for promotions.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 3:34 pm

A) Did you try to sign up for the superior 2,500 point offer instead or as well, and if so, what happened?

B) Did you try to sign your wife up for the 2,500 (or any of the other) offers, and if so, what happened?

C) Did you verify what birthday is showing in your wife's account, and just as importantly, what email addresses are listed in the accounts (I'm wondering if there's any way she received an email actually meant for a different account in your family where a September birthday is valid... it's often that parents, for example, will use their email addresses for children's accounts.)
The other promos didn't work for either of us.

I went into our profiles and it doesn't have a bday listed for either of us. (weird, unless I wasn't looking in the right place). I wonder if they do the bday promo in sept for anyone who doesn't have it in there already.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Fresh in the inbox....

For a limited time, you can earn up to 2,000 miles when you discover the quality of Bose® QuietComfort®15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones. To start, you can earn 150 miles just for watching a video about QC®15 headphones. Here are the details:

Earn 150 miles
Watch a QC15 video
(Conditions apply)

Earn 250 miles
Get an in-store headphones demo
(Conditions apply)

Earn 1500 miles
Buy Bose QC®15 headphones

With QuietComfort 15 headphones, you'll love what you hear—and what you don't. Enjoy your music like never before, whether you're mid-flight or relaxing at home. You'll get lost in the finer detail of your favorite entertainment as Bose technologies fade unwanted noise into the background. This offer ends September 12, 2011, so begin earning miles now.

https://www.deltamilesforbose.com/
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Consider it done. I got whacked by a grand case of the flu after a trip to Peru, but that is updated now.

Why three???
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, National EE
Good grief where are all of the promos this year? I was racking up MQMs flying in and out of Pittsburgh this time last year.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by whitesco
Good grief where are all of the promos this year? I was racking up MQMs flying in and out of Pittsburgh this time last year.
?? Have you looked at the first post of this thread? Promos aplenty this year. Perhaps you mean MQM promos specifically? They've been less prolific than in 2009/2010, but flight demand has recovered from the lows, capacity is lower, and the airlines aren't as desperate... might be logical that Delta and the other carriers are less aggressive with the MQM/EQM incentives.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I sympathize with the lack of DMQM since it has been fewer, longer single trips for me this year...I'm probably going to tumble a notch.

Right now, I can offer you a "consolation prize" - www.AudienceRewards.com has Trivia Points for 6 partners now, as well as their own (non-partner) "Show Points" which can be converted into "Partner Points". This yields bonus miles of 1-4 miles for each of up to 10 questions per page from https://www.audiencerewards.com/redeemcenter/Trivia.cfm. Granted it will take a bit of Google-style research or playbill knowledge to answer them, but you can have your points awarded to:
1) Delta Airlines (...no expiration...) -- Access Trivia Questions Here: https://www.audiencerewards.com/delta/trivia.cfm for Delta SkyMiles
2) US Airways (wise if you need to keep their miles alive - and between 9/14-11/14 = part of their Grand Slam - one hit). - https://www.audiencerewards.com/usairways/trivia.cfm for DM miles.
3) Starwood / SPG / Sheraton-type points (wise if you need to keep their points alive).
4) Amtrak Guest Rewards (each will have its own specific Trivia link -- change program points in profile for each one as you answer them...)
5) Best Buy Reward Zone
6) Apparently can exchange on Points.com
Additionally:
•Earn points or miles in your favorite program when you buy tickets
•Redeem Starwood points and Delta miles for free tickets (to Broadway and similar shows in your area)
•Bid on exciting partner experiences on Broadway

I see a points balance on AudienceRewards.com, but not posted to the partner right now. Apparently they do post.
More on the program and "research" here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...a-u-s-air.html

Last edited by flyzabit; Sep 3, 2011 at 11:37 pm
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold; AccorAdvantage Gold; Skymiles
Skymiles 100% bonus transfer miles promotion

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I came across skymiles website about the recent promomition and I;m thinking of making some transfer to beef up my family's skymiles points. So need your help on a few questions:

1. Example, I have 60,000 points. Max transfer per transaction is 30,000 points. I'm thinking of transferring twice to my wife's account and hope the skymile folks will credit 60,000 bonus points to my account. Can this be done?

2. After the transfer into my wife's account, example my wife has 30,000 prior to transfer and now has 60,000 points. Can she do the same transfer back to my account and be entitled to the bonus points credit twice?

If anyone has tried it, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by yjames83
Hi guys,

Newbie here. I came across skymiles website about the recent promomition and I;m thinking of making some transfer to beef up my family's skymiles points. So need your help on a few questions:

1. Example, I have 60,000 points. Max transfer per transaction is 30,000 points. I'm thinking of transferring twice to my wife's account and hope the skymile folks will credit 60,000 bonus points to my account. Can this be done?

2. After the transfer into my wife's account, example my wife has 30,000 prior to transfer and now has 60,000 points. Can she do the same transfer back to my account and be entitled to the bonus points credit twice?

If anyone has tried it, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

This thread addresses your question:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...fer-miles.html

The fine print of the promotion says you can transfer 150k out of any single account and deposit as much as 300k into any given account.

Feel free to use the search tool near the upper right. It can be helpful in getting faster answers to questions.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: SPG Gold; AccorAdvantage Gold; Skymiles
thanks Newsmanhoss!

Guess I'll try to clarify with delta, and give it a shot. Update you guys on it once done!
Old Sep 9, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: USAir P, G Starwood, G Marriot
Originally Posted by RBrownTN
Fresh in the inbox....
That Bose promotion currently ONLY provides bonus miles if you purchase or have an in store demo. Watching the video/answering the trivia question:

"Thank you for your interest in the Bose QuietComfort 15 headphones video. Due to the overwhelming response we've reached the threshold of mileage awards available for watching the video. You can still earn miles by receiving an
in-store demo or with purchase."
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: DL-KRYPTONIUM, DL-PM, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Club Carlson Silver, Hyatt Plat.
1000 miles for delta check in

Just Curious....Did anyone get credit yet for the 1000 miles for checking in using the delta app on their phone? Offer ended September 7th.
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.