Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 2010 DO Update

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Please add me to the list, or to the waiting list if you are already full.

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'd like to attend with a +1. Thanks for getting the approximate dates out there.
Old May 2, 2010, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Definitely interested (depending on the final dates, of course). Please add me to the list.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
PLs add DLGrkItalNY +1 to the list (Waiting list).
Old May 2, 2010, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
For those of you who are currently on the wait list, there is one other thing I would like to point out...

...at the event last year, not everybody attended all of the events on all three days. For example, there were some FlyerTalk members who only wanted to attend the Road Warrior Training. Other FlyerTalk members only showed up for the first day or the first couple of days.

As the dates and the schedule become definite, and as some FlyerTalk members may cancel before committing to the event, time slots should open up for those on the wait list.
Not sure if I am speaking out of turn but Canarsie is right on this point. We have the ability to waitlist individual events. As we get closer that will be discussed in detail.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:30 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Everybody who has requested to be on the wait list up until this point has been added.

I personally did not expect the wait list to be almost as long as the actual list, especially in such a short period of time!

There is nothing more that atldlff and I want to do than accommodate everybody with what they want, and we will work hard to do our best to successfully achieve this goal as much as possible — but we cannot make any promises, unfortunately.
Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Not sure if I am speaking out of turn
Not at all.

As atldlff and I have said, we need our volunteers to take a more active role in this event than last year.

Thank you, WesNSpace.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Not sure if I am speaking out of turn but Canarsie is right on this point. We have the ability to waitlist individual events. As we get closer that will be discussed in detail.
That will be useful. For example, unless RWT contains something new & exciting (the first time certainly was ), we probably would skip that.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
You may find that some attendees will not be interested in what will probably be the most popular part of the meet: the Road Warrior Training.

Personally, given my choice between keeping the $150 (last year's price) and being put into a smoke-filled plane, trying the oxygen mask, and being given a simulated water evacuation I suspect I will keep the money.

(As my flights tend to be in the winter, and often over water which is so cold I would be killed by hypothermia after a minute or two, I doubt the inflatable vests would be of much help to me.)
Old May 2, 2010, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
For example, unless RWT contains something new & exciting (the first time certainly was ), we probably would skip that.
There is a reason why MikeMpls posted a “smilie”, as the linked photograph was taken by me during the information and debriefing session at the beginning of the Road Warrior Training.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:45 am

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Please add ceieoc +1 to the wait list
Old May 2, 2010, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
You may find that some attendees will not be interested in what will probably be the most popular part of the meet: the Road Warrior Training.
That happened last year and is expected to happen again this year.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:59 pm
HRS

Programs: DL Plat. 2V Guest Rewards
Add me to the wait list

Don't know how I missed posting in the right place to get on the list. Said I wanted to attend in a couple of postings to this thread. Oh well.

Please add me to the wait list and the voulenteer list. Can be in ATL in advance.

Thanks

HRS
Old May 2, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL gold, marriott silver
count us in

Hope we are not too late.... two please...

Thanks.
Old May 2, 2010, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Dovster

Personally, given my choice between keeping the $150 (last year's price) and being put into a smoke-filled plane, trying the oxygen mask, and being given a simulated water evacuation I suspect I will keep the money.

(As my flights tend to be in the winter, and often over water which is so cold I would be killed by hypothermia after a minute or two, I doubt the inflatable vests would be of much help to me.)
For anyone who did NOT attend RWT at the 2009 DO, I strongly recommend it, whatever the agenda is. It's a lot more than Dov describes, and you'll be better prepared in case of a real evacuation.
Old May 2, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Please add me to the list of interested persons for an event in Sep-Oct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.