FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

bocastephen May 9, 2010 8:55 am

Originally Posted by g50 (Post 13925668)
If you are an existing Travelocity Rewards MasterCard cardmember you will also have the opportunity to move to the new program! And don't worry, all of your Travelocity Rewards points will move with you. You will receive a notice in the mail with the details about the upgrade and your options by June 1.

http://www.mytravelocitycard.com/

Since many businesses, especially online payment processors, refuse to accept Amex, we're not interested in changing.

nydad May 9, 2010 9:00 am

Originally Posted by g50 (Post 13925668)
You will receive a notice in the mail with the details about the upgrade and your options by June 1.

http://www.mytravelocitycard.com/

Uh oh. I don't like the words, "upgrade" and "options." :td:

somdave2005 May 9, 2010 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by nydad (Post 13925779)
Uh oh. I don't like the words, "upgrade" and "options." :td:

Yeah this makes me kind of nervous too. But we'll see how the program is going to be when the new card comes out. we have the "opportunity" to upgrade to the new card, so sounds like we have the option to keep the old card instead of switching to AMEX. Sounds like we'll hear something in the mail before June 1st.

paramount May 9, 2010 3:11 pm

I don't really want to switch either. Sounds like they might be downgrading the program as well as switching to AmEx. Oh well, it was a great program but if it changes for the worse, I'll jump ship before next annual fee.

somdave2005 May 9, 2010 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by paramount (Post 13927342)
I don't really want to switch either. Sounds like they might be downgrading the program as well as switching to AmEx. Oh well, it was a great program but if it changes for the worse, I'll jump ship before next annual fee.

If the program is downgraded, then I'll just switch back to SPG AMEX/Schwab card combo.

profxfiles May 9, 2010 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by paramount (Post 13925407)
Actually, I don't see my points in My Account anymore either.

I see my points at Barclays, but they are gone from Travelocity. I tried to book a trip and I was never given the option to redeem the points. I do NOT like the look of this at all... I knew I should have redeemed them earlier...

bocastephen May 9, 2010 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by profxfiles (Post 13928114)
I see my points at Barclays, but they are gone from Travelocity. I tried to book a trip and I was never given the option to redeem the points. I do NOT like the look of this at all... I knew I should have redeemed them earlier...

They cannot simply take the points away - if they do so without cause, it's fraud and we can most certainly file suit. I think it's a glitch online.

saaru May 9, 2010 9:57 pm

I have the same issue. Does anyone know what needs to be done?

bocastephen May 9, 2010 10:05 pm

Has anyone called Barclays and Travelocity customer service to get this sorted out?

somdave2005 May 9, 2010 10:16 pm

nah don't worry. the same thing happened the last time they took down the travelocity card signup website. A few days later the points reappeared on my travelocity website.

Eurosport May 10, 2010 6:00 am

will be interesting to see if they change anything in the rewards dept.

profxfiles May 10, 2010 8:09 am

Originally Posted by somdave2005 (Post 13929016)
nah don't worry. the same thing happened the last time they took down the travelocity card signup website. A few days later the points reappeared on my travelocity website.

We'll see--here is what Travelocity told me:

Dear Valued Member,
We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you in regards to redeeming the Master card points mentioned under your account.

Please be informed that we are no longer offering the Travelocity Rewards MasterCard online, but Travelocity MasterCard cardholders can continue to earn and redeem points with no changes to their program. To assist you properly we request you to please contact Juniper customer service - 866.367.2189.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this situation may have caused.
So, it sounds like you cannot just redeem the points as you check out (which was SOOOO wonderfully convenient), and now I get to call the absolutely HORRIBLE Barclays CSR pool... has anyone ever given up a card just to avoid dealing with CS?

saaru May 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by profxfiles (Post 13930624)
We'll see--here is what Travelocity told me:

So, it sounds like you cannot just redeem the points as you check out (which was SOOOO wonderfully convenient), and now I get to call the absolutely HORRIBLE Barclays CSR pool... has anyone ever given up a card just to avoid dealing with CS?

I got the same information - I called the number and they opened a ticket which would take around 30 days to resolve per the CSR. Damn.

shel May 10, 2010 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by saaru (Post 13932674)
I got the same information - I called the number and they opened a ticket which would take around 30 days to resolve per the CSR. Damn.

They are putting our points in limbo, as Barclays CSRs have absolutely no clue on how to redeem these points.

profxfiles May 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by shel (Post 13933124)
They are putting our points in limbo, as Barclays CSRs have absolutely no clue on how to redeem these points.

Yup, my experience with the pathetic CSR at Barclays mirrors this...I hope the details on the new card arrive soon so I know ... is happening...