FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

Schutzee May 13, 2010 9:13 pm

useless reply from Barclay:

Dear Schutzee,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Travelocity Rewards MasterCard account. We apologize for the inconvenience if you're not seeing this option online; however, we can certainly address your concern.

For further assistance in redeeming your points or confirming your total, please visit the Travelocity web site at www.travelocity.com, or contact a Travelocity representative by phone at 1-888-872-8356.

Should you have any additional questions please respond to this message.

Sincerely,

Ryan Suyu
Email Relationship Manager

Perhaps if they gets lots of emails it will help: [email protected]

g50 May 14, 2010 5:28 am

Originally Posted by crhptic (Post 13950926)
Travelocity
Dan Toporek
Vice President, Public Relations
[email protected]
+1 415 932 1163

Travelocity for Business
Public Relations
Michael Brophy
[email protected]
+1 682 605 2565

Sorry for the inconvenience g50. I understand there was a temporary issue that should now be fixed. Let me know if you’re still having problems.

Best,

Dan

Is not working for me but I did remove and replace my card # yesterday. Is it working for anyone else?

jfrey1 May 14, 2010 6:25 am

No, still not working for me either.

jfrey1 May 14, 2010 8:40 am

Scott McCartney at the Wall Street Journal just did a story on award availability.

http://finance.yahoo.com/insurance/a...=family-travel

I wonder if he would be interested in doing a story on this whole screw-up if it doesn't get resolved soon.

[email protected]

profxfiles May 14, 2010 9:36 am

I just got a phone call from the Barclay's US rewards center apologizing for the problems. They said Travelocity is trying to fix the problem and that it it not related to the card switchover. She also gave me a direct phone number to call to redeem the points, but you have to purchase the tickets first and then call in for a refund.

jfrey1 May 14, 2010 10:16 am

Originally Posted by profxfiles (Post 13957244)
I just got a phone call from the Barclay's US rewards center apologizing for the problems. They said Travelocity is trying to fix the problem and that it it not related to the card switchover. She also gave me a direct phone number to call to redeem the points, but you have to purchase the tickets first and then call in for a refund.

What's the direct phone number?

honey4life12 May 14, 2010 11:44 am

I just booked a hotel and asked for 20,000 points ($400) be redeemed. I will let you know what response I get.

Originally Posted by Schutzee (Post 13953939)
I emailed both Barclay and Travelocity. They both first gave me canned responses on how to redeem. After I explained that the redemption option was no longer on the website, I received this from Travelocity:

Valued Member,

Thank you for responding.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused to you as you were unable to use your points. However, please be advised that you can book your reservation. After making your reservation please write back to us with the trip id and the master card points that you are supposed to use for your reservation and we will refund the money.

Sincerely,
Megan T
Travelocity Customer

I have NOT received any further response from Barclay.

paramount May 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Twitter Exchange:
"@travelocity ... what happened to my Travelocity MasterCard Points in "My Account"... they don't seem to display anymore."

"@paramount Rest assured, your points are safe. If you have any other questions or concerns, email [email protected]. Thanks!"

There's an email for ya!

g50 May 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Dan had a CS agent leave a msg with me. She said to call them when I want to book and they will manually apply the points. I am fine with this until they fix the problem.

jfrey1 May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by paramount (Post 13959028)
Twitter Exchange:
"@travelocity ... what happened to my Travelocity MasterCard Points in "My Account"... they don't seem to display anymore."

"@paramount Rest assured, your points are safe. If you have any other questions or concerns, email [email protected]. Thanks!"

There's an email for ya!

Cool...I pestered them so much they have now given me my own travelocity.com email address. They'll probably forward all of the complaints they are getting directly to my real email just for spite.

skivrmt May 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Points Back

Juniper somehow fixed my points on Travelocity. I logged on today and my points are back on my wife's account. They are not back on my account. I had reference numbers to fix both accounts. So semi-good news for us, they are still out there and not gone! I went through and was even able to book a flight with points if I wanted to. Since I don't have nearly as many points on my account, not as concerned so won't spend an hour on the phone yet to worry about those.

Good luck for everyone else fixing theres. How to fix, call Travelocity, tell them that you need to connect with Juniper to do a audit of your account to manually link your credit card points to Travelocity. Juniper will give you a reference number and it took 6 days for mine to be updaed.

bocastephen May 14, 2010 8:53 pm

This is probably a dumb question - but where does one see the points available on Travelocity.com.

I created an account, added the Travelocity Mastercard as the form of payment - but I don't see any place on the account details where points would show up. It isn't that I see '0' points - I just don't see where they are, or how to select them as a form of payment.

paramount May 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 13960614)
This is probably a dumb question - but where does one see the points available on Travelocity.com.

I created an account, added the Travelocity Mastercard as the form of payment - but I don't see any place on the account details where points would show up. It isn't that I see '0' points - I just don't see where they are, or how to select them as a form of payment.

They were on the top right of the "My Account" page.

g50 May 15, 2010 8:08 am

Originally Posted by paramount (Post 13960855)
They were on the top right of the "My Account" page.

The box that paramount is taking about is completely gone.

And also on the last page during "check out" you select a box for payment with points. These are in 5000 point increments. Don't think it gives you your total here though.
This is gone right now as well.

paramount May 17, 2010 7:35 am

Any news on the card?