FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/978593-how-good-travelocity-credit-card-originally-mastercard-now-amex.html)

skagen Apr 15, 16 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by nydad (Post 26487409)
Oh good. Thanks! In your case, was it a domestic hotel reservation? I just made an international hotel reservation, and the charge is coming from "Travel Reservation US." I hope it changes automatically to Travelocity.com.

Mine was domestic; but the pending charge was as yours was until it was posted. I think you're gonna be fine.

nydad Apr 23, 16 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by skagen (Post 26491239)
Mine was domestic; but the pending charge was as yours was until it was posted. I think you're gonna be fine.

Thanks so much. I was able to use points successfully. How long did you wait until you cancel your hotel reservations at Travelocity.com?

saaru Apr 26, 16 10:47 am

Greatest card - RIP

This was by far the best credit card we had for the past 5+ years. You would not know that by reading the comments. We were grandfathered in with the 2x points on purchases and 4x on travel. This yielded 4% for all expenses and 8% for travelocity expenses.

This card probably earned me over 15K in travel credits & cash back and I generally used this for regular expenses and little MS over the years. No cards came close.

bocastephen Apr 26, 16 10:42 pm

With the end 24hrs away, we find that we're short 2,300 points to hit 20,000 for one final $400 redemption. Can anyone suggest a purchase either in person or online that would post points quickly, ie almost immediately?

skagen Apr 27, 16 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 26540622)
With the end 24hrs away, we find that we're short 2,300 points to hit 20,000 for one final $400 redemption. Can anyone suggest a purchase either in person or online that would post points quickly, ie almost immediately?

Kind of think you're SOL here!

bocastephen Apr 27, 16 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by skagen (Post 26544255)
Kind of think you're SOL here!

Got a supervisor to top us up to an even 20k and redeemed the last 400....the first couple agents I spoke with trying to redeem 15k then 2k in points were so clueless it was incredible - so in the end, I think the supervisor did this to get rid of us once and for all :)

So long, dear friend, the greatest and most rewarding credit card in the history of reward credit cards :(:(:(

g50 Apr 28, 16 9:09 am

Lucky you!

My remaining 18k points are worth 1/2 today! Looks like our new arrival card will earn 1/2 again. 4% to 2% to 1%!

Somehow I have 25k points today when nothing new posted. I also have direct travel purchases that I can redeem now that we could not before.

I will apply for the arrival plus card and move over my line of credit.
The old card got 90% of my spend. The new will only get 20% to 40%.

Still need some dollar based points when I can't get 2% with airline and hotel points.

skagen May 13, 16 7:20 am

I was really irritated to get statements for an Arrival card recently!

I canceled the Travelocity card in advance because I didn't want to be transferred to an Arrival card.

It shows as closed, but no doubt it prevents getting the bonus for another couple years on the Arrival card.

Not sure what I can do... "Oh hey Barclays, I canceled my Travelocity because I wanted to churn arrival for the bonus points again and now I can't take you for another $400 because you transferred me to the Arrival product... can you fix that?"

Oh well.

flamingpanties Jun 10, 16 12:41 pm

I never even got to redeem my first $400 bonus, and have been using the shopping portal to get me to 20K. Too bad I don't read FT more often, as I would have been updated about what they've pulled here.

My account has 16,262 points, and I'm not sure if I should keep shopping at their portal until I have 17,500 points. This could be redeemed for a gift certificate of some value, cancel, and then maybe move along to a different shopping portal.

And also I emailed them about this a while ago and they haven't responded.

Schutzee Jun 10, 16 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by saaru (Post 26537514)
This was by far the best credit card we had for the past 5+ years. You would not know that by reading the comments. We were grandfathered in with the 2x points on purchases and 4x on travel. This yielded 4% for all expenses and 8% for travelocity expenses.

This card probably earned me over 15K in travel credits & cash back and I generally used this for regular expenses and little MS over the years. No cards came close.

+1 ^

skagen Jun 12, 16 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee (Post 26761289)
+1 ^

Superfluous post since it's dead and gone, but for the Travelocity card, one last time,

+2 :)